RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Top rc full composite 89" blondie p-51d

Reply

Old 12-12-2015, 07:34 PM
  #26  
mups53
My Feedback: (41)
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
Posts: 2,336
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Hey guys the response I am getting from all but one person has been really positive and the sales of the planes has been very good.
I thank everyone for the feedback. Good or bad. We will take a proactive approach to constantly improve what we offer.
That said I do have to say the reality of the situation is this. At the pricing level we are selling these planes at we're close to where it's going to be. The margins are not going to make J. Paul Getty's out of any of us anytime soon. I promise that small improvements will be made but overall and on average we already have a product that is being well accepted by almost everyone.
I and TopRCModel also promise that we will never turn a deaf ear to the concerns of any customer. It's what we can do and will always do.
TopRCModel and Gator-RC are in this for the long haul.
I do not sell lousy inferior products. I have a long history of providing good value and customer support. Gator-RC and F3AUnlimited represent some of the finest model airplane makers in the world. This is why we rep TopRCModel as well as BJ Craft, CA Models, Seagull, Sig Mfg, X-Treme Composite, RC Composit and more to come soon.
I ask that you trust us and not listen to every negative comment you read on the internet and take it as the truth about what we sell.
Call us anytime for info on these planes.
We are in the process of producing the 4th shipment of planes.
Pattern planes. Zero's, P-51's Spitfires and 4 new jets. New 86" WS.Corsair and FW-190's to follow soon.
Again thanks for the support and happy holidays.
Sorry for the seemingly slow response times by me on the forums.
I really don't want to push anything on anybody and most of the posts will sound too much like a sales pitch.
Happy Holidays.
Mike Mueller
mups53 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:12 PM
  #27  
or170b
My Feedback: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lakeview, OR
Posts: 73
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I'm starting this kit Mike what engine are you recommending and what kind of performance are you seeing?
or170b is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 06:19 AM
  #28  
SWORDSN
My Feedback: (13)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: WILLIAMSTON, SC
Posts: 1,116
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by mups53 View Post
Hey guys the response I am getting from all but one person has been really positive and the sales of the planes has been very good.
I thank everyone for the feedback. Good or bad. We will take a proactive approach to constantly improve what we offer.
That said I do have to say the reality of the situation is this. At the pricing level we are selling these planes at we're close to where it's going to be. The margins are not going to make J. Paul Getty's out of any of us anytime soon. I promise that small improvements will be made but overall and on average we already have a product that is being well accepted by almost everyone.
I and TopRCModel also promise that we will never turn a deaf ear to the concerns of any customer. It's what we can do and will always do.
TopRCModel and Gator-RC are in this for the long haul.
I do not sell lousy inferior products. I have a long history of providing good value and customer support. Gator-RC and F3AUnlimited represent some of the finest model airplane makers in the world. This is why we rep TopRCModel as well as BJ Craft, CA Models, Seagull, Sig Mfg, X-Treme Composite, RC Composit and more to come soon.
I ask that you trust us and not listen to every negative comment you read on the internet and take it as the truth about what we sell.
Call us anytime for info on these planes.
We are in the process of producing the 4th shipment of planes.
Pattern planes. Zero's, P-51's Spitfires and 4 new jets. New 86" WS.Corsair and FW-190's to follow soon.
Again thanks for the support and happy holidays.
Sorry for the seemingly slow response times by me on the forums.
I really don't want to push anything on anybody and most of the posts will sound too much like a sales pitch.
Happy Holidays.
Mike Mueller

I like this
SWORDSN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:32 AM
  #29  
mups53
My Feedback: (41)
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
Posts: 2,336
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by or170b View Post
I'm starting this kit Mike what engine are you recommending and what kind of performance are you seeing?
I have a EME 60 in mine. It took a little finesse work to fit it in.
Sorry due to the weather in Chicago that flying is a problem right now.
We also sell the Evolution 62 which is an excellent motor.
I like fast, I like power and feel these two choices would work fine as well as a DLE 55.
http://www.gator-rc.com/powerplant/gas-engines
Thanks, Mike Mueller
mups53 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:37 AM
  #30  
or170b
My Feedback: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lakeview, OR
Posts: 73
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

does the EME require the firewall to be moved? I would rather not do that. Thanks for responding!
or170b is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:31 AM
  #31  
or170b
My Feedback: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lakeview, OR
Posts: 73
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

after the un boxing of this airframe all I can say is WOW! Its fantastic. I haven't seen this quality in any arf ever! I'm gathering pieces to start the build. After talking with Mike I'm going with the EME 60 for power.
or170b is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:38 AM
  #32  
scubaozy
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Berlin, GERMANY
Posts: 150
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Looking forward to hear more about your build. I am looking for an everyday warbird that is easy to transport and store. Is the horizontal stabilizer removable? I would be also interested in the quality and the reliability of the retracts. Do you think any of brand name retracts such as robart or lado will easily fit?
scubaozy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:04 PM
  #33  
or170b
My Feedback: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lakeview, OR
Posts: 73
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I purchased the retracts and struts from top rc they are of very high quality and have a warranty so I don't know why you would need something else? I think for what your describing this would make a great plane as the construction is much stronger than balsa and film. also wings and horizontals are put on with aluminum tubes for easy assembly at the field.
or170b is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:06 AM
  #34  
mups53
My Feedback: (41)
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
Posts: 2,336
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Hey guys our lineup pf Warbirds is scheduled to be on display and for sale at the upcoming WRAM show in February.
Come by the Robart display to see them. Sometimes seeing is believing.
In the meantime we have all in stock and ready to ship.
If interested give us a call at [COLOR=#00AFFD !important]800 380 9373[COLOR=#EC008C !important][/COLOR][/COLOR]
We are getting very positive feedback on all 3 planes. Yes there have been a few complaints but certainly nothing that's unexpected for any plane hitting the marketplace.
Thanks for all your support. We couldn't do it without you guys.
Mike Mueller
mups53 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 06:56 PM
  #35  
LtMash1A
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 98
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

That is a really nice fit on those doors. That is often the hardest part of building.
LtMash1A is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 06:25 AM
  #36  
UK Warbird Guy
 
UK Warbird Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, , UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 122
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Hi Guys got the first batch of these now over here in the UK and \i'll be putting one together in the UK Forums for comment feedback. Have read with interest the threads so far. I've found many of the same little issues so far, frustrating for an ARTF of this price but experience has shown that the factory do little no matter what feedback we give.

One issue I have is that the horns that you glue in for the flaps need to be a different angle or reversed because they do not allow enough travel of the flap if glued in the same as the aileron.

I definitely agree with the blurred artwork on the side though...On mine its blurred, pixelated and deep red in color which obviously says its been copied and blown up without any touching up... A huge let down. I might try and get it off and airbrush it on by hand. If I do I'll post a pic of the artwork if anyone wants to copy it.

Will post some pics as I go..

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9474.JPG
Views:	2094
Size:	443.1 KB
ID:	2154258  
UK Warbird Guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:18 AM
  #37  
topgun25000
Junior Member
 
topgun25000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montbéliard, FRANCE
Posts: 28
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Hello I am french.
I have buit this p51d and i am very happy.On mine i'm using a torqpro70cc four stroke engine who fit easy in the cowl and it more easy to balance the model without weight.
Electron retract ER40 with robart struts and esm wheels.
Easy to land and take off.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang 1.jpg
Views:	2285
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	2167653   Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang torqpro70.jpg
Views:	2339
Size:	1,005.0 KB
ID:	2167654  
topgun25000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:49 AM
  #38  
scubaozy
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Berlin, GERMANY
Posts: 150
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Fantastic. I was looking into the same combination. How is your experience with TP70? Any cooling issues?
scubaozy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:21 AM
  #39  
topgun25000
Junior Member
 
topgun25000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montbéliard, FRANCE
Posts: 28
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by scubaozy View Post
Fantastic. I was looking into the same combination. How is your experience with TP70? Any cooling issues?
I have built a "ram air" to get a best cooling.
On ground the engine was hot (not in flight) but with this modification it's ok even on ground.
Good power with 24x10 wood propeler.
I have updated the exhaust with a valach muffler for 60 cc >>> very soft noise.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160504_182643.jpg
Views:	2413
Size:	3.54 MB
ID:	2167656  

Last edited by topgun25000; 06-13-2016 at 03:28 AM.
topgun25000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:22 AM
  #40  
topgun25000
Junior Member
 
topgun25000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montbéliard, FRANCE
Posts: 28
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by UK Warbird Guy View Post
Hi Guys got the first batch of these now over here in the UK and \i'll be putting one together in the UK Forums for comment feedback. Have read with interest the threads so far. I've found many of the same little issues so far, frustrating for an ARTF of this price but experience has shown that the factory do little no matter what feedback we give.

One issue I have is that the horns that you glue in for the flaps need to be a different angle or reversed because they do not allow enough travel of the flap if glued in the same as the aileron.

I definitely agree with the blurred artwork on the side though...On mine its blurred, pixelated and deep red in color which obviously says its been copied and blown up without any touching up... A huge let down. I might try and get it off and airbrush it on by hand. If I do I'll post a pic of the artwork if anyone wants to copy it.

Will post some pics as I go..


found on the web and made with my hp printer on sticker paper.Then Just applied clear spray on it.It is really better and no pixelated !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160614_104325.jpg
Views:	2166
Size:	3.70 MB
ID:	2167849  

Last edited by topgun25000; 06-14-2016 at 01:27 AM.
topgun25000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:11 AM
  #41  
AC2
My Feedback: (34)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 446
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by topgun25000 View Post
I have built a "ram air" to get a best cooling.
On ground the engine was hot (not in flight) but with this modification it's ok even on ground.
Good power with 24x10 wood propeler.
I have updated the exhaust with a valach muffler for 60 cc >>> very soft noise.



Do you mind if I ask why you changed the muffler? Was it too loud? I am planning on using that engine but I want a LOUD 4 stroke! I just ordered my P-51 from Tower Hobbies. Been eyeing this for a long time.
AC2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:13 AM
  #42  
AC2
My Feedback: (34)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 446
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Nice! Do you have a link to the picture?
AC2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:06 PM
  #43  
Warbird AL
My Feedback: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 129
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by AC2 View Post
Do you mind if I ask why you changed the muffler? Was it too loud? I am planning on using that engine but I want a LOUD 4 stroke! I just ordered my P-51 from Tower Hobbies. Been eyeing this for a long time.
He did that because this engine does not come with a muffler, just a straight pipe. Some people run it straight and some find an aftermarket muffler that fits. I got one of these engines and I must say it is beautiful.. havent mounted it yet..
Warbird AL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:10 PM
  #44  
AC2
My Feedback: (34)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 446
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Ah, okay...thank you for the info!
AC2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:24 AM
  #45  
topgun25000
Junior Member
 
topgun25000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montbéliard, FRANCE
Posts: 28
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

yes the engine is too loud (for me) with just the exhaust pipe (straight pipe thanks warbird al : my english is poor !).
With the valach muffler there is a good tone.
To update blondie !
http://www.victorygirl.com/products/.../blondie-1268/

Last edited by topgun25000; 06-15-2016 at 01:30 AM.
topgun25000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:43 AM
  #46  
mups53
My Feedback: (41)
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
Posts: 2,336
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Great idea
Very nice improvement.
Mike Mueller
mups53 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:52 AM
  #47  
sjhanc
My Feedback: (2)
 
sjhanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: williston, FL
Posts: 568
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

What wing airfoil is used?
sjhanc is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:34 PM
  #48  
kcollier
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 50
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Hey guys. I've just started my P-51 build and also noticed that none of wing servo mount surfaces are wide enough to use both the L bracket screw holes to secure the servo in. In one of the servo compartments, the servo mount surface is on the wrong side. Will have to cut it out and and glue some to the other side. I know I'm not the only one with this issue so I'm wondering how you guys are fixing this? It seems pretty easy to glue in more mount surface but if I can get around it without adding extra weight, I would rather not. Also if someone has more build pics you don't mind sharing, I and others would love to see them. I'm on vacation all week and hope to have Blondie flying this weekend. Overall I'm impressed the the quality of the kit so far and would recommend it to anyone looking for a mustang!

Thanks,
Keith
kcollier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:36 AM
  #49  
mups53
My Feedback: (41)
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
Posts: 2,336
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Yesterday we took out the P-51. It flew great. Plus here's a nice photo from a friend ready to land his.
The P-51 and Zero have enough data and we can say with great confidence that both are great flying planes.
Thanks for all the support. Mike Mueller
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	M2P-51_2.jpg
Views:	2138
Size:	660.2 KB
ID:	2174443   Click image for larger version

Name:	M2P-51_1.jpg
Views:	2052
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	2174444   Click image for larger version

Name:	M2P-51_3.jpg
Views:	2050
Size:	343.2 KB
ID:	2174445   Click image for larger version

Name:	M2P-51_4.jpg
Views:	2034
Size:	491.3 KB
ID:	2174446   Click image for larger version

Name:	P-51_landing.JPG
Views:	2050
Size:	467.9 KB
ID:	2174447  
mups53 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:32 AM
  #50  
racer8297
My Feedback: (13)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Macungie, PA
Posts: 726
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Yes, this is a great flying airplane. It can even do point rolls quite nicely!

Also, it lands like a *****cat! The gear from Gator RC are very reliable and robust. And the supplied main wheels look excellent too!

And the best part is that you don't have to re-shrink the covering! I hated that on my Top Flite 84" P51. Plus this one flys better!
racer8297 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service