Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Dave Andersen 1/4 scale Hawker Hurricane

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Dave Andersen 1/4 scale Hawker Hurricane

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 07:13 AM
limeybob
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could check here to see if they have any parts available
http://www.mnbigbirds.com/Andersen%20Plans.htm
Bob
Old 09-15-2018, 02:07 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roydefiant
Here are the hollow fishtail exhausts 3D printed to exact scale. They will allow heat to leak out from the hacker motor and batteries. They can be printed in different sizes. If anyone interested PM me and I can provide the email for the guy making them

I would love a set of these for my enlarged brian taylor 1/4 hurri. Can you give me some info or drawings for these. I know a guy who has e 3d printer over here,,,
Old 10-13-2018, 06:02 AM
roydefiant

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

In progress

Old 10-13-2018, 06:11 AM
roydefiant

wings ready for tip and landing light installation as well as painting roundels
Old 10-13-2018, 07:03 AM
CRJDriver
My Feedback: (57)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good Roy!
Old 11-11-2018, 03:11 PM
roydefiant

Main camo and invasion stripes done, now the fun airbrushing markings and weathering

Old 03-15-2019, 04:22 AM
CarlGustavTomas

Hi Roydefiant,

A very impressive model and a very nice painting. I'm building a Hurricane myself, though the scale is a bit smaller, 1/7. What made a great impact on me is the retraction mechanism of the model. As what I can see it is a copy of the original Sidney Cams design and I very much would like to have that in my model. If I have understood things correctly you are doing the paint work on Dave Andersens model and my wish is to get in contact with him to discuss, if possible, to get a copy of his landing gear drawings. I'll pay him of course. May I ask you if you could do me that favour? I'll be most grateful if you could.

Best regards
Tomas
Old 03-15-2019, 05:48 AM
roydefiant

Tomas, I will send you a PM with Daves email. I have asked him to contact you. The model is nearly done, I am weathering it now. The electric gear were made by matrix machine that does custom work. Not sure if they are still making gear. Not sure a 1/7 scale version would work for you. Each gear has a large frame that distributes the load through the wing frame. It is rather large. I am not sure if Dave designed or matrix machine designed it around Dave's plans. Will be posting pictures of the finished model in a few weeks.

Roy
Old 03-16-2019, 03:51 AM
CarlGustavTomas

Originally Posted by roydefiant
Tomas, I will send you a PM with Daves email. I have asked him to contact you. The model is nearly done, I am weathering it now. The electric gear were made by matrix machine that does custom work. Not sure if they are still making gear. Not sure a 1/7 scale version would work for you. Each gear has a large frame that distributes the load through the wing frame. It is rather large. I am not sure if Dave designed or matrix machine designed it around Dave's plans. Will be posting pictures of the finished model in a few weeks.

Roy
Hi Roy,
Many thanks for your reply, It was kind of you to contact Dave and I'm eagerly waiting for his e-mal address. No, I realise that I can not work directly from his drawings, his 1/4 scale and my 1/7 scale will not match. But I can covert the scale to match my model and most important, I can see how the retract mechanism is solved as there is nothing shown on my drawings regarding that. Matrix Machine have definitely used Hawkers designer Sidney Cams solution of the retract system from what I have seen from your pictures.

Best regards
Tomas
Old 03-30-2019, 01:21 PM
roydefiant

Still some programming left

Old 03-30-2019, 06:34 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Very nice work please post a flying video. One thing to mention I think you may be let down by the volume of the sound system. I have tried several and for large planes all the sound systems I have tried sound anemic for large warbirds. I found the power they project just does not do the large scale models justice. They seem more suitable to a 60 size model. If yours has the volume when you fly it please let me know your setup. More speakers are not the answer more power is needed from the amp. Not available at this time I have been told.

Old 04-14-2019, 06:09 AM
roydefiant

Sadly after the culmination of over 4 years of work between design, framing up and detailed finishing the hurricane did not make it to the winners circle at the Toledo RC expo. Only a few more programming issues to resolve and should be ready for test flights soon.

Old 08-18-2020, 07:46 AM
roydefiant

mission accomplished

The following users liked this post:
jchorak (08-20-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 06:53 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I've been entered in the Toledo show too and didn't win. I thought I deserved at least a Place. but it didn't happen.. Regardless your hurri looks great!
Old 12-19-2020, 10:54 AM
roydefiant

For those interested in custom 3D printing or purchasing the parts for the hurricane, go to this website where I purchased my parts.

scalercparts.com