Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Thinking about ordering H9 20cc Corsair, opinions on Evolution gassers???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Thinking about ordering H9 20cc Corsair, opinions on Evolution gassers???

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 09:44 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Thinking about ordering H9 20cc Corsair, opinions on Evolution gassers???

I have a few DLE gas engines and love them. This corsair is set up for the evolution… I need to decide if I want to go through the hassle of retrofitting he firewall for a DLE, or try the Evo. Anyone using them?

Thanks, Mike
Old 01-15-2016, 07:55 PM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi Doc-my experience with the entire Evo line of engines has been rather hit or miss. There are friends I know that have had them, and had good luck with them. But most of the time more bad than good in my experience. If it were me, and until such time that Evo develops a reputation for reliability, I would modify whatever was necessary to put a DA (my choice) in there. BTW I do like that little Corsair-looks pretty cool and got a good review in one of the mags. Take care and let me know what you decide. -Mike
Old 01-16-2016, 07:52 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Mike. How's KT2 doing??
Old 01-16-2016, 07:54 AM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hope to have her back at the field this summer-stay tuned....
Old 01-16-2016, 10:17 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike,

I've got the DLE 20 on mine. I don't remember there being any modding? Straightforward installation. Sucker flies AWESOME.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:15 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Some time ago I retrofitted my Hellcat with an Evoluton 20cc gasser. Initially I was running the old style engine with the non-pumped carburetor. Ever seen a gasser that uses muffler pressure? Bad idea, never could get it to run worth squat. Horizon replaced it for me with one of their updated engines with the pumped carb and I could not be happier with it now, runs fantastic.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:45 AM
Pantherman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are flying 2 of the H9 20cc Corsairs with the Evolution 20cc gas motors on them. We have no complaints with them. The motors have run reliably from the beginning. We did follow the break in process carefully and have been running them at 20:1 oil mix. We have about a gallon through each now and are going to start backing off on the oil. Will probably move to a 30:1 mix next. As Shaun says, these planes fly great! I am really enjoying mine. It is my first tail dragger gas warbird and I love it.