Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

1/4 Scale P-38

Old 02-10-2016, 01:51 PM
ProfLooney

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

naw never finished it the client decided he didnt have money after i got it going so dropped it
Old 02-12-2016, 12:07 AM
ProfLooney

Ok well long night tonight and tomorrow but what I am doing is making a left wing panel now that I have the right made and the aileron and flaps made. so sometime in the next couple days I sb able to post something worthwhile
Old 02-12-2016, 12:35 PM
ProfLooney

ok I have both wing sides set now. I figure I might as well exsplain how i did it easily as ppl are asking questions in my join me

Ok since we know the left side of the wing and stab are just mirror images we only need to worry about one side. so after getting the right side organized you can easily do the left side.

to do this you need to remember one thing and that is that if a part is in an assy and you make a copy of it everything you do to one part will change the copy. the easiest way to silve this is to delete the assy leaving only the parts.

you can now create a folder for the left wing panel and copy all the right panel parts to that folder and rename them.

for the left wing or stab parts all you need to do is go into the plane properties for each part and check the box that flips the plane to the opposite side. now you have a left side rib.

once that is done you just recreate the assemblies for a left and right wing or stab it makes things easier. you can do it early on or after you have fully finished one side of the wing or stab