Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

RCSB - can't answer warbird posts

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

RCSB - can't answer warbird posts

Old 02-10-2016, 04:26 AM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RCSB - can't answer warbird posts

Good morning, on RCSCALEBUILDER.COM, I see your warbird questions and at times I'd like to reply but I get join up and pay now message from this site so I'm not able to reply to your RCSB posts.

Anyway if I see your questions on RCU, and if I have something to offer, I'd love to contribute and be part of the discussion. cheers - ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RCSB.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	2146380  
Old 02-10-2016, 06:01 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 222 Likes on 113 Posts

Why not just join rcsb?
Old 02-10-2016, 06:15 AM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by invertmast
Why not just join rcsb?
pay to contribute to a post, like asking a newbe to pay for advice at the flying field, not my way of sharing in this hobby.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:45 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last edited by TLH101; 02-10-2016 at 06:48 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:48 AM
MikeChilson
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regardless of what anyone thinks, it cost money to host and run these sites. RCU can focus on an advertising model as the site has such a wide audience of different aspects of the hobby there is enough of a base to lure a wide range of advertisers. RCSB has to use a subscription model because there just is not enough scale advertisers to support the site. So, to break it down to its simplest terms you either deal with ads, or a yearly subscription. The choice is entirely yours.:-)

http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/page_display.asp?pid=5

Regards,
Mike

Last edited by MikeChilson; 02-10-2016 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:53 AM
drice45

$20 per year is nothing to most serious RC'ers...especially those that venture into scale or giants of any kind.
I've never seen a more helpful group of folks than those on RCSB.
It's all about scale, so it's not for everyone.
But if you're a scale enthusiast...the $20 investment is nothing...and it's a tremendously helpful community over there.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:56 AM
J_Whitney

Like Don said - you get way more out of the site than $20!
Old 02-10-2016, 08:58 AM
boB_Knight

At first, I thought the same thing. What I came to realize is that I hated the ads MORE than it costing so little money to get so much in return. I did one year as a site supporter and the second year re-upped as a lifetime supporter.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:09 AM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nothing more to add to what has been said. RCSB is a great site and great guys for us scale guys
Old 02-10-2016, 02:21 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeChilson
Regardless of what anyone thinks, it cost money to host and run these sites. RCU can focus on an advertising model as the site has such a wide audience of different aspects of the hobby there is enough of a base to lure a wide range of advertisers. RCSB has to use a subscription model because there just is not enough scale advertisers to support the site. So, to break it down to its simplest terms you either deal with ads, or a yearly subscription. The choice is entirely yours.:-)

http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/page_display.asp?pid=5

Regards,
Mike
Or the third option - just don't go to it. I never even heard of it until this thread. And there are several scale groups here.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:38 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill
Or the third option - just don't go to it. I never even heard of it until this thread. And there are several scale groups here.
E
But it is the Quality that counts!
Old 02-10-2016, 02:44 PM
MikeChilson
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by rgburrill

If you enjoy scale r/c you should come check it out: http://www.rcscalebuilder.com

You can register for free and view all you like, but subscribing gets you way more than than $20.00 you spend on a yearly subscription. And certainly more than a magazine full of ads. :-)

Reading my post again you will see I was referencing that RCU as having ads model for revenue and RCSB as having a subscription model for revenue. I was not suggesting it was one or the other at RCSB,as you stated. I was saying that if you are on RCU your "cost" is seeing many ads on the page, while on RCSB you don't get covered up in ads but you pay a subscription. It was a choice between the two site not a choice on RCSB.

Regards,
Mike

Last edited by MikeChilson; 02-10-2016 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:37 PM
LarsL

I can't say enough positives about RCSB. It is a great site with a superb group of members who couldn't be more helpful. Additionally, when there are different viewpoints on advice or really any topic, there is simply good discussion without any of the rancor that you so often see on all the other sites. No drama, no drawn out arguments, no warning from a moderator, deleted posts, etc. I was a basic member for a year or so and then upped to a lifetime membership. Mega Kudos to Mike and all the members for having such a great site.

Lars
Old 02-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeChilson
If you enjoy scale r/c you should come check it out: http://www.rcscalebuilder.com

You can register for free and view all you like, but subscribing gets you way more than than $20.00 you spend on a yearly subscription. And certainly more than a magazine full of ads. :-)

Reading my post again you will see I was referencing that RCU as having ads model for revenue and RCSB as having a subscription model for revenue. I was not suggesting it was one or the other at RCSB,as you stated. I was saying that if you are on RCU your "cost" is seeing many ads on the page, while on RCSB you don't get covered up in ads but you pay a subscription. It was a choice between the two site not a choice on RCSB.

Regards,
Mike
Not really a 'scale fanatic' but I do like being able to go to RCSB and find information whenever I need it........so I kicked in for a Life membership a while back and couldn't be happier

Keep up the great work Mike

Bill
Old 02-10-2016, 11:34 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kenair
...not my way of sharing in this hobby.
So you have chosen not to purchase a product because you do not think it is worth the asking price. I guess I don't see the problem or understand the point of the original post. I assume that you understand that there are real, and significant, costs associated with owning, operating, and maintaining a web site such as RCSB.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:02 AM
Joespeeder

RCSB is well worth the modest fee needed for it to support itself. I have learned so much at all of the various forum web sites and at RCSB you get to see very unique projects being built by very talented people. The techniques and information there is second to none. I have been a supporter over there for a couple of years and couldn't be happier.

Not sure what this thread is about? Your sites seem to be a very complete list of links and info for P-51's and Spits. Lots of good info on them for sure. However, not signing up for as a supporter on any site where you wish to reach it's members is only limiting the potential exposure that is available to you. In this case, the supporter fee is less than a lunch and the upside is being able to reach those very people you are supporting with your own passion for 51's and Spits.

Sites, planes, hobbies in general cost money to maintain. I enjoy flying newbies on my own planes and don't expect anything in return. However, if they keep going and enjoy the hobby I would expect them to by their own plane
Old 02-12-2016, 07:38 PM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For less than $2 a month you get real model building tips and not a lot of BS arguing like you get here. I like going there just for some fresh air.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:30 AM
radfordc
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The original post from Kenair may just be the ultimate "whine" I've seen posted anywhere, ever.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:04 PM
fw190
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kudos to Mike and many at RCSB who have spent a great deal of time maintaining the site, obviously taking a big chuck of their own modeling time to help others.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:24 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

I love RCSB but wont join again , to little band width to load anything but a small file.
I get an error message loading any picture outside of a small file.
To me its not worth the hassle
Old 02-15-2016, 01:35 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by LDM
I love RCSB but wont join again , to little band width to load anything but a small file.
I get an error message loading any picture outside of a small file.
To me its not worth the hassle
No hassle at all, just download PhotoRazor and use it to quickly and easily adjust your photos to the ideal size.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:15 PM
drice45

Photo Razor, or PIxresizer.
It takes me longer to download pics from my camera and name them than it does to resize them, which takes 30 seconds at most to do 10 or 50, whatever.
The thing I like about posts on RCSB is that they read SOOO much more like a book.
I did this, and here's a pic...and then I did this, and here's a pic.
All the other sites have a big dump of pics at the end of the post, that are NOT tied in to the story of the text.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:33 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A lot of times the software prevents a poster from doing just what you LIKE at RCSB.....too bad because I know what you mean = ONE long paragraph that covers 12 pictures!
Old 02-15-2016, 03:07 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Thanks Chad will try that software
Old 02-15-2016, 06:48 PM
chistech

Originally Posted by drice45
Photo Razor, or PIxresizer.
It takes me longer to download pics from my camera and name them than it does to resize them, which takes 30 seconds at most to do 10 or 50, whatever.
The thing I like about posts on RCSB is that they read SOOO much more like a book.
I did this, and here's a pic...and then I did this, and here's a pic.
All the other sites have a big dump of pics at the end of the post, that are NOT tied in to the story of the text.
I've been doing a thread both on RCSB and RCU. I post first on RCSB and then just copy and past to RCU to keep the nice "book like" format. The worst thing for me is realizing my yearly membership has run out. I should just really become a life supporter and will probably do so next year. To me it's the best site for the information any serious or semi-serious scale builder is looking for. You get none of the crap of guys posting who don't know about the subject but offer you some sort of crap that doesn't apply. I just send the pictures from my phone as "small" and I've had no issue downloading to the site since.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.