Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Electric Retracts for TF .60 Size P47

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Electric Retracts for TF .60 Size P47

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 12:41 PM
Champstarr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Retracts for TF .60 Size P47

Hi everyone,

I plan on installing e-flite 60 - 120 85-Degree Main Electric Retracts on my Top Flite .60 size P47. Can anyone tell me what is the best way to route the wiring coming from the retract units? The only way I see to do it is to remove the clips from the wires, tape the wires to a push rod, pull it through the linkage tubing (which will require a lot of bending, finagling, trial and error ), then reattach the clips. Does anyone have any other recommendations? Any advise is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:12 AM
Duplicator41
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is your P47 an ARF or are you building the kit?

Cheers,
Old 06-05-2016, 11:38 AM
Champstarr

It is the ARF.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:53 PM
Duplicator41
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you haven't glued your wings together then it's pretty simple. My Eflite retracts have very short connector wires on the plugs requiring extension leads. Drill a hole through each root rib in line with the wheel well, drill into the wheel well just enough to see where the hole is. Enlarge the hole with a Dremel just enough to pass the plug through it. Drill a hole in the top of the wing for the retract extension to come out. Make sure your extension is long enough to reach your receiver "Y" harness. I CA'd my servo extension into the wheel well in three or four spots and it's done. I recommend you angle your strut a little more forward by adding a washer or two under the rear retract bracket. Makes for better take offs and landings.

Cheers,

Last edited by Duplicator41; 06-10-2016 at 02:54 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-21-2016, 11:50 AM
Champstarr

Originally Posted by Duplicator41
If you haven't glued your wings together then it's pretty simple. My Eflite retracts have very short connector wires on the plugs requiring extension leads. Drill a hole through each root rib in line with the wheel well, drill into the wheel well just enough to see where the hole is. Enlarge the hole with a Dremel just enough to pass the plug through it. Drill a hole in the top of the wing for the retract extension to come out. Make sure your extension is long enough to reach your receiver "Y" harness. I CA'd my servo extension into the wheel well in three or four spots and it's done. I recommend you angle your strut a little more forward by adding a washer or two under the rear retract bracket. Makes for better take offs and landings.

Cheers,
The wing is already joined as I had mechanical retracts installed before. I was able to route them by removing the linkage tubing in the wings. slid a pushrod through the linkage tubing to the center of the wing, removed the black clips from the retract wiring, taped the wires to the half of the push rod that was feeding into the wing and pulled it trough the center, reattached the clips. The most time consuming part was weeding the push rod through with the wires taped to it and dancing around the wing supports.

I hope this helps anyone who faces this problem.