Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Airfield P40 1400mm Warbird prop question....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Airfield P40 1400mm Warbird prop question....

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 03:42 PM
schomper42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airfield P40 1400mm Warbird prop question....

Hello Everyone, I am new to this site and this is my first post. I have recently bought a "used" Airfield P40 1400mm Warbird from a guy along with 2 other planes. This plane is a "little" beat up but not bad at all, easily fixable. Here is my question. It does not have the original 3 blade prop that came with it and I can't find one to buy that isn't on back order. So I was wondering what size 2 blade prop should I use? I was going to try a 12 - 8 prop but wasn't sure if it has enough power. The motor is an 850 kv and polan on using a 3s 2200 Mah battery. I also searched for the correct C/G and decided to start out with the manufacturer suggestion of 85mm back. Any suggestions for the C/G would also be helpful. It looks like I should probably get the 2 flaps working to make landings a little slower? Does anyone agree with that? I've been flying for a little over 2 years and have never really flown one of these birds that appear to require fairly fast landings.....
Any info at all about this plane would be very welcome.
thank you very much
bob
Old 10-21-2016, 03:47 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put the CG where the manufacturer recommends. Dan.