RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

CY Model P-51D Mustang 2.4M - 85cc

Old 08-10-2017, 05:42 AM
Quandry

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

By using a linkage rod with tape and a mark, I can check to see how well the motor is centred when exiting the cowl.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2118.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	2227548

One problem I have is that the motor heads can only go so far downwards before hitting on the inside of the cowl. This is a tight fit considering its an 85cc engine in a 100cc model! I think it would be easy with a big single, but the extra length of the 2cyl makes it that little bit harder. Oh well hopefully it will be worth it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2117.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	229.6 KB
ID:	2227549
Old 08-18-2017, 02:32 AM
Quandry

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I measured out the engine mounting holes but a problem here is that the Roto engine mount system is very wide and not in an ideal place. I have put two pilot holes in place on the firewall so far, the third hole sits over the side wall so will require dremel work and the forth hole is out in open air. I also found that the Roto is setup for M5 mounting holes and I don't have any hardware on hand for that. I ordered some in and have also picked up some wood to make up the mount extension. So at the moment it's a waiting game, once I have the M5 hardware I can make a start on suring up the mount.

Search this Thread