Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

*****2017 WEST TEXAS WARBIRDS, 10th ANNIVERSARY*****

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

*****2017 WEST TEXAS WARBIRDS, 10th ANNIVERSARY*****

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 01:11 PM
Bryan McLarty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *****2017 WEST TEXAS WARBIRDS, 10th ANNIVERSARY*****

Hello everyone!

The members of the Wings Miniature Aircraft Society of Lubbock, Texas wish to announce the TENTH ANNIVERSARY, WEST TEXAS WARBIRDS event on August 25th, 26th, 2017!

Come join us for a great weekend flying your military aircraft in campaign colors and markings. Scale military helicopters and turbine jets are also welcome! This event will be held at the club field in Abernathy,
Texas, just a few miles north of Lubbock, on I-27. Landing fee is $30.00 and will include a meal ticket for the onsite food vendor, good for Saturday. Onsite concessions, pilot door prizes and raffle items will all be available. Participants will be eligible for five beautiful trophy awards that include Best WWII, Best Modern, People's Choice and Best Scale Flight and CD's Choice.

The Wings' club field is BIG and features a paved runway and an adjacent grassy area, suitable for aircraft with larger gear. The field has ZERO obstructions, so you will not hit a tree or run off the end of the runway at this field! The wide open flying area is perfect for larger aircraft, multi-engined craft, turbine jets or whatever your warbird heart desires. The field has provisions for 6 pilot stations, two large startup areas and has a 110' covered pit awning that will be reserved first-come, first-served among our visiting guests. Easy-Up portable shades are welcome. Motor homes are welcome for overnight camping, but no hook-ups are available. Several moderately priced hotels and restaurants are a short drive away in Lubbock.

If you haven't come to participate, you're simply missing out on a great flying venue and event. We have had no flooding this year and the field is great! Come join us!

Please see our event website at www.westtexaswarbirds.com or contact me for any questions.
Attached Thumbnails WestTxWarbirdsFeature.pdf   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-WTW-flyer-1.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	2225216   Click image for larger version

Name:	static-3.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	2225217  
Old 07-29-2017, 06:28 PM
aghost
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking forward to West Texas Warbirds! Got this event on my calendar and a room reserved.

See you in August,
Brian
Old 07-29-2017, 06:45 PM
Bryan McLarty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Brian!
I'm so happy we have such good, friendly regular attendees like you! Always great to have you!! Welcome anytime!
Old 08-28-2017, 04:52 AM
aghost

Default West Texas Warbirds photos

deleted. I really don't like what RCU is doing with my photos.

Last edited by aghost; 08-28-2017 at 05:00 AM.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:58 AM
aghost

I had a great time at West Texas Warbirds this weekend. Good weather, great planes. The WINGS folks did a good job.

Click on the photo to go to the Flickr album.
Edit: I notice that RCU did not seem to make the album link quite right. This link leads to all the albums. Select the West Texas Warbirds 2017 album.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/93485467@N06/albums

Brian

Last edited by aghost; 09-04-2017 at 05:20 AM.