Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Eflite 60-120 size electric retract question.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Eflite 60-120 size electric retract question.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 09:04 AM
twn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Eflite 60-120 size electric retract question.

I am curious if any of you warbird people have had any experience with the 60-120 size eflite electric retract. I'm wondering how they are on bumpy grass runways? The field I fly at (especially right now is very dry) is half dirt half grass or sorta like grass probably more weed like. It's mowed and kept clean but can be bumpy.

I bought a set for a plane (not a warbird) that could be setup for solid gear or Retracts. But I have recently heard bad things about these retracts on non paved runways....

Thanks!!
Old 09-07-2017, 01:35 PM
spitfire66

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They have been nothing but dependable for me. I love them and have NEVER had a problem and only fly off grass. The optional struts make them even better. I have the Hangar 9 p-47D and I just cartwheeled it today. Completely my fault. It ended up breaking the aluminum piece that the strut screws into. Horizon doesn't sell parts for it. So it is likely I will have to buy a single unit. I will be posting to see if anyone has a totaled unit that I could get the part from.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:27 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

I can't say anything about the Eflights quality, I have not yet bought a set,, but I can tell you that there are complaints of sorts for most other brands too (note my key word there "most", but not all ), this includes Robart's and other higher costing brands, even Lado's,,,,,, that's the hobby

there are guys that will recommend Eflight and ESM Generation 4 units,

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-w...ct-brands.html

there is another thread with more info, but I can not find it

Jim