Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Maintenance question of Sierra UC air cylinders

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Maintenance question of Sierra UC air cylinders

Old 12-15-2017, 12:15 AM
bhoffo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maintenance question of Sierra UC air cylinders

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone has done maintenance on the Sierra U/C air cylinders and if so how have they taken the cylinders apart?

I have a set of 1/5 Scale oleo struts that were probably manufactured about 7-8 years ago - I bought them 2nd hand about 5-6 yrs ago from someone in the US and they were shipped to me in Australia.
I've used them in the model (1/5 Vailly MkV Hawker Tempest) but have had a few problems of late and think it would be an idea to open up the cylinders and replace the 'O'' rings etc.
However the cylinders are sealed, the cap appears to be glued on - probably with some type of epoxy - so that gentle heat would likely help dismantle them easily.
I don't want to risk damage though so wondering if anyone has experience in this?
I've had trouble getting a response from Sierra at this point.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (95).JPG
Views:	45
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	2247684  
Old 12-15-2017, 07:27 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Bob Violet makes a lube oil for O rings. I don't know how it's made of but maybe something like that is all you need.