RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

New Giant Top Flite F6F Hellcat coming soon?

Old 06-24-2018, 01:22 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Never say NEVER.......
Old 06-24-2018, 04:03 PM
wantitbad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default F6f

ok highly unlikely!
Old 07-08-2018, 06:02 AM
Bryan McLarty

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by wantitbad View Post
they have to make it appear hard to get so they can charge $999 for it . If it sold for $749 like all other TF giant warbirds it would be hard to keep in stock . I do want one but Iíll never pay $999 for it .
Iím sorry, I donít buy your cynical view here. You really think they are making intentional delays for appearances to justify the price? Unfortunately, we can only speculate about why the delays are occurring, but Iím sure theyíd rather make a sale than try to fabricate some scheme to justify a price hike. This plane has some design feature upgrades beyond any of the other Top Flite offerings.

I have one paid for and on pre-order through my local hobby shop. Waiting patiently and working on my Top Flite Zero.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:27 AM
wantitbad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default F6f

you are right that was quite cynical! I saw this plane at Toledo and aside from the nav lights it looks like all the other giant TF arfís which I love by the way I own
fw190
corsair
spitfire
mustang
both P47ís
60 size p47
60 size p51
so i have no problem with TF , I just question the worth of this one but That is relative to the desire
Old 07-08-2018, 10:33 AM
David Eichstedt
My Feedback: (17)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by wantitbad View Post
they have to make it appear hard to get so they can charge $999 for it . If it sold for $749 like all other TF giant warbirds it would be hard to keep in stock . I do want one but Iíll never pay $999 for it .
Having been on the inside of the industry, this just isnít how it works. Bryan McLarty is right, they would much rather make the sale than delay.

The conspiracy talk on the RC forums makes me both laugh and cry. The industry isnít big enough nor are any of the players sophisticated enough to be that devious. The people in the industry, even the big players, are just people trying to survive in a difficult business climate. And there are real people behind the development of these products, usually a single developer whoís poured 18-24 months of his life into making this product real. After announcing a product, and especially after it hits the market, itís really hard to watch the armchair engineers take their shots, nit-picking every little detail. Makes me think of a certain Teddy Roosevelt quote about being in the battle.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Very true, and well said. The armchair engineers/Monday morning quarterbacks are quite pathetic.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:17 AM
wantitbad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default F6f

Iím neither an arm chair quaterback or arm chair engineer Im simply a guy that builds and flys rc warbirds. My dad used to say opinions are like buttholes everybody has one and everybodyís stinks !
Old 07-09-2018, 10:49 AM
Bryan McLarty

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by David Eichstedt View Post

Having been on the inside of the industry, this just isnít how it works. Bryan McLarty is right, they would much rather make the sale than delay.

The conspiracy talk on the RC forums makes me both laugh and cry. The industry isnít big enough nor are any of the players sophisticated enough to be that devious. The people in the industry, even the big players, are just people trying to survive in a difficult business climate. And there are real people behind the development of these products, usually a single developer whoís poured 18-24 months of his life into making this product real. After announcing a product, and especially after it hits the market, itís really hard to watch the armchair engineers take their shots, nit-picking every little detail. Makes me think of a certain Teddy Roosevelt quote about being in the battle.
Dave:
Having been on the inside of the retailer, what kinds of issues are common for delays and multiple pushbacks for release dates? Iím not asking you to figure out THE REASON for the holdup, but Iím sure you can shed some light on common things that could be the hold up.

My local hobby shop manager said that in a phone conversation with Top Flite, Great Planes, Towerizon or whoever she talked to about it, she commented that the plane gets built in China and then sent to the US. Once itís here, something is added to the kit. Perhaps the hardware package? I think Top Flite includes all quality, name brand fasteners, control horns, pushrods, etc. that may all be produced here and then added. The fact that Hobbico has seen its demise, is it possible that these items are in short supply or unable to be manufactured? Just some thinking...