Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Century Jet Models Closed?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Century Jet Models Closed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 10:05 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Paris
I had a very bad experience with C.Jets....lost $400.00 and my retracts too. I am glad they are belly up....
I have a hunch their are a large number of folks with similar stories Bob. While I had my own unpleasant CJM experience I was fortunate in that it did not result in any loss in the end.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:39 PM
CenturyJet2020

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Century Jet Reopening under new Owner

Hi modeling community I have recently purchased Century Jet Models. The new home is in Springfield, Illinois and January 1st 2021 is when I plan to open the doors officially. I am going to work this by myself as I seen what happens when a small company hires people that really don’t care. Once I start making kits which will be April 2021 timeframe anyone out there needing parts please reach out to me here or the Website (hopefully it will be up soon). I will have full CNC capabilities and looking for product improvement comments. I too had a set of CJM gear for a scratch built airplane I have and I too can attest to the quality of the assembly. The parts themselves are nice but can see where screws were loose and broken. That is all going to change!! Please give me time to work through some of the issues and I will make sure that going forward a quality product will be delivered. No kit will leave the shop until every part is accounted for. Understand this is not my full time job and will likely never be until I am officially retired. But rest assured when I give a delivery date it will be met.

Mark
Old 09-19-2020, 12:59 PM
Pull Up Now!
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CenturyJet2020
Hi modeling community I have recently purchased Century Jet Models. The new home is in Springfield, Illinois and January 1st 2021 is when I plan to open the doors officially. I am going to work this by myself as I seen what happens when a small company hires people that really don’t care. Once I start making kits which will be April 2021 timeframe anyone out there needing parts please reach out to me here or the Website (hopefully it will be up soon). I will have full CNC capabilities and looking for product improvement comments. I too had a set of CJM gear for a scratch built airplane I have and I too can attest to the quality of the assembly. The parts themselves are nice but can see where screws were loose and broken. That is all going to change!! Please give me time to work through some of the issues and I will make sure that going forward a quality product will be delivered. No kit will leave the shop until every part is accounted for. Understand this is not my full time job and will likely never be until I am officially retired. But rest assured when I give a delivery date it will be met.

Mark
Hi Mark, welcome. Glad to hear Bruce got it sold. I understand you will need time to get up and running making parts. With your company purchase, did you take delivery on a stock of non-fabricated parts, like air cylinders? I need a couple gear door cylinders that go with the Hawker Hunter.
Old 09-20-2020, 06:50 AM
CenturyJet2020

Default Century Jet Stock

Originally Posted by Pull Up Now!
Hi Mark, welcome. Glad to hear Bruce got it sold. I understand you will need time to get up and running making parts. With your company purchase, did you take delivery on a stock of non-fabricated parts, like air cylinders? I need a couple gear door cylinders that go with the Hawker Hunter.
I did acquire all of the stock. I believe Bruce has already spoken to me about your cylinders and I also think yours were sticking. I want to find an alternative lube that won’t gel up and stick if it has been sitting over time. Once I have everything unpacked and ready to sell I will let you know and will be able to get you some parts.

Mark
The following users liked this post:
Balou88 (09-20-2020)
Old 09-20-2020, 08:04 AM
Balou88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you have bought it! Looking forward to the new website.
Old 09-20-2020, 09:38 AM
Pull Up Now!

I did acquire all of the stock. I believe Bruce has already spoken to me about your cylinders and I also think yours were sticking. I want to find an alternative lube that won’t gel up and stick if it has been sitting over time. Once I have everything unpacked and ready to sell I will let you know and will be able to get you some parts.

Mark
Thanks Mark. Just to be clear, none my other cylinders stick despite their age. Just this one. It's been that way since the kit was new but I thought it would "work in". The travel is smooth the whole way except at the very end of the extended travel. It seems more of a mechanical issue, like a burr or something. That's my situation obviously, and your search for a lube that doesn't gel is the right thing to do. Just don't think it's my particular issue. I'll take any cylinder you have that moves. Robart sells an oring lube for their valves seperately. Maybe you can work a deal with them in bulk.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:31 AM
Ken LaPointe
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope this works out

I think a sport hawk would be just the thing to add to my collection.

Old 10-07-2020, 06:44 AM
CenturyJet2020

Default Sport Hawk

Ken
Thank you for reaching out! I will start building the aircraft kits April 2021. The previous owner is going to be on site with me for one month going through all the molds etc during that time. The landing gear is in production as we speak and at this point I still have to get some legal ends to get finished. October 19th I should be set to send gear out as well as some pilots we have in stock. We are still waiting on the website as it got destroyed by the Host company while trying to do an update. Needless to say I am at the mercy of them to get it up and running, however my patience will not tolerate anything past December of 2020.

I am keeping a list of everyone who has reached out on potential kit purchases and the minute I am ready to send them out the door I will be getting with everyone probably around that March/April time period to see where everyone stands and than get any orders processed.

Thanks again and look forward to working with you!

Mark
Old 10-07-2020, 10:41 AM
Pull Up Now!

Originally Posted by Pull Up Now!
Thanks Mark. Just to be clear, none my other cylinders stick despite their age. Just this one. It's been that way since the kit was new but I thought it would "work in". The travel is smooth the whole way except at the very end of the extended travel. It seems more of a mechanical issue, like a burr or something. That's my situation obviously, and your search for a lube that doesn't gel is the right thing to do. Just don't think it's my particular issue. I'll take any cylinder you have that moves. Robart sells an oring lube for their valves seperately. Maybe you can work a deal with them in bulk.
I received the replacement gear door cylinder the other day. I doesn't bind like the one I'm replacing. Thanks for following through, all. It's a good sign.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:51 AM
JRSmith
My Feedback: (47)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ken
Thank you for reaching out! I will start building the aircraft kits April 2021. The previous owner is going to be on site with me for one month going through all the molds etc during that time. The landing gear is in production as we speak and at this point I still have to get some legal ends to get finished. October 19th I should be set to send gear out as well as some pilots we have in stock. We are still waiting on the website as it got destroyed by the Host company while trying to do an update. Needless to say I am at the mercy of them to get it up and running, however my patience will not tolerate anything past December of 2020.

I am keeping a list of everyone who has reached out on potential kit purchases and the minute I am ready to send them out the door I will be getting with everyone probably around that March/April time period to see where everyone stands and than get any orders processed.

Thanks again and look forward to working with you!

Mark
Great new and sounds like things are going well! I have had my eye on a few kits, but honestly was reluctant to pull the trigger under previous ownership. So, thank you! Also, please don't forget to reach out to By Loud Design and let him know your back in business. I am not sure what By Loud Design's status is, but they have a few airplanes that I would like to build and Century was the gear manufacture for his company. His website is still up and running and would be great to see gear available for his kits again. Anyway, thanks for taking this on and keeping this segment of the hobby going!
Old 10-16-2020, 07:31 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by JRSmith
Great new and sounds like things are going well! I have had my eye on a few kits, but honestly was reluctant to pull the trigger under previous ownership. So, thank you! Also, please don't forget to reach out to By Loud Design and let him know your back in business. I am not sure what By Loud Design's status is, but they have a few airplanes that I would like to build and Century was the gear manufacture for his company. His website is still up and running and would be great to see gear available for his kits again. Anyway, thanks for taking this on and keeping this segment of the hobby going!
It would be great to see pics of a completed and maybe a successfully flown airframe
Old 10-16-2020, 09:14 AM
JRSmith
My Feedback: (47)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
It would be great to see pics of a completed and maybe a successfully flown airframe
I have his Stinson plans and really like the 350i. Hoping with Century jets coming back online, they we will eventually see a flying example!
Old 10-16-2020, 05:53 PM
Pull Up Now!

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
See post #49 for my Hawker Hunter.