Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Century Jet Models Closed?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Century Jet Models Closed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 02:17 PM
Balou88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Century Jet Models Closed?

Has anyone been able to communicate with Bruce at CJM lately? I was told by him over 3 months ago my purchases will be shipped out soon. I cant reach them by email, and apparently the phone number is out of service. Also The website doesn't have any prices anymore.

It seems they are out of business?

Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

Last edited by Balou88; 01-15-2018 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:54 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There's a guy here, By Loud Design, that is always pushing Century Jet products. You may want to contact him, as I think that he has a connection, of some sort, with the company.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:51 AM
BigRetracts-RCU

They have been For Sale for a While. Seems nobody wants to step up. Can't blame them.
Would be better to start fresh.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:41 AM
pacoflyer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone should have put this company out of their misery years ago. With the worst, stateside customer service in the industry, they have been dying a slow death for some time. It's really unfortunate as they did attempt to bring some really interesting models to market.. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:07 PM
RCPROPSNAPPER
My Feedback: (22)

Default Claim against CJ

I have a dispute claim with PayPal against CJ for a purchase I made back in October. I also was told my order would ship out soon over a month ago and tried and failed to contact them by email twice. When I hear back from PayPal, I will post and let you all know what they say.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:23 AM
SWORDSN
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems the hobby is changing a lot
Old 01-25-2018, 04:46 PM
bchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like the website is back up again. Looks like it's been updated.

Hope they're not out of business. I've always had good service from them. I wouldn't make too much out of not being able to get in touch with someone on the phone. Hobby businesses are small places and there isn't enough time to be answering the phone all the time. Many of the small companies are part-time businesses as well, so the owner gets to what he can for the time he has. I don't ever expect to get something right away from a small kit manufacturer. Especially in this day and age...
Old 01-25-2018, 05:29 PM
RCPROPSNAPPER

They have failed to answer two emails that I sent them asking about the status of my order which I placed in October. After getting my money, the least they can do is answer my emails. As far as the website, there are no prices on it and you can’t place an order on it. I have turned it over to PayPal. Maybe they will have better luck than I did in getting a response from them.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:36 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bchapman
Looks like the website is back up again. Looks like it's been updated.

Hehe,

Coincidentally, I just looked at their site, and their F-22 Vectored Thrust offering page shows pics of a Yellow Aircraft F-22 VT package. Lovely.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:47 PM
Balou88

Originally Posted by RCPROPSNAPPER
I have a dispute claim with PayPal against CJ for a purchase I made back in October. I also was told my order would ship out soon over a month ago and tried and failed to contact them by email twice. When I hear back from PayPal, I will post and let you all know what they say.
I summited a request from paypal for a partial refund. I was denied. Hopefully you will have better luck! Please let us know.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:50 PM
Balou88

Originally Posted by Shaun Evans
Hehe,

Coincidentally, I just looked at their site, and their F-22 Vectored Thrust offering page shows pics of a Yellow Aircraft F-22 VT package. Lovely.
Lol! They wish! This is my first CJM kit, and its no where near the quality of Yellow kits.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:43 PM
RCPROPSNAPPER

Originally Posted by Balou88
I summited a request from paypal for a partial refund. I was denied. Hopefully you will have better luck! Please let us know.
On what grounds did they deny the request?
Old 01-28-2018, 08:15 AM
Balou88

On what grounds did they deny the request?
I summited it as a Fraud claim, They said no evidence of fraud occurred. I was finally able to talk to Bruce last week, and he said he will ship the remaining 300 worth of parts to me. Although I have been hearing that stuff from him for 6 months now. If I don't receive it in another month I will call paypal and explain the situation, and try to summit another claim.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:14 AM
RCPROPSNAPPER

Default Problem Resolved

Well, after filing a dispute with Paypal, 4 days later I get an apology Email from Bruce saying someone marked my order complete by mistake. He said he was shipping the order and I confirmed that when I got a signature required Email from FedEx. So I guess Century Jet is not out of business as some have speculated. Kudos to PayPal for fixing the problem fast.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:41 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

...someone marked my order complete by mistake.
Yeah right, because he has so many people working for him that he can't keep track of them all. Unless Bruce has multiple personalities I would call BS on that one.
The following users liked this post:
JGrc (09-20-2020)
Old 01-31-2018, 01:32 PM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I have been trying to get in-touch with Century jet for a week now and it looks like they my be out of business. I get a disconnect recording when I call the main # 502-266-9234. I have a set of 1/5 scale retracts for P-40 that I had Bruce convert to electric last year and now they will only extend part way then they lock up. I had e-mail Bruce as well with no response. I have always had good service from him in the past so I am really worried he has closed his doors. I hope I am wrong.

Does anyone know if the Century Jet electric retracts will work on a y-cable on channel 5 off or the receiver at 6.6v? I ask this because I think the trouble my be in the circuit board that came with them. The actuators seem real beefy so It don't understand way they are locking up. Just a little resistance and they quit.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:07 PM
RCPROPSNAPPER

Originally Posted by Chad Veich
Yeah right, because he has so many people working for him that he can't keep track of them all. Unless Bruce has multiple personalities I would call BS on that one.
Those were my thoughts exactly, Chad. I am getting my order because PayPal lit a fire under his butt. I wont be ordering anything else from him in the future. Sierra gear are much better, anyways.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:42 AM
bentwings

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My issue with CJM was bad years ago. Never again.

I’ve got a question that is really off topic. Purely as I see a few users here. Many of you have used PayPal. Do you ever get information, instructions or ores from PayPal that arrive in your spam or junk mailboxes? The reason I ask is I’m currently dealing with a span issue. The buyer was trying to do the “ I’ll sent more than the amount, send the balance back” scam. I sent nothing, received nothing.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:02 PM
Pull Up Now!
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bruce owes me a Hawker Hunter. I've never had any problem getting any responses from him throughout this process. He has missed three ship date promises, but I think that's just the optimism of a saleman/owner. I'm not in a panic. The only thing I might comment is when he really IS ready to ship, the customer's confidence in making the final payment is severely eroded. He seems to be aware of this though, as he mentioned to me that a shipping label generation would be forwarded to me when that time comes. So, we'll see, I guess. Owning a small business like that must be challenging. I did ask him how many people work there and he said around six depending on workload. I really do want the Hawker Hunter though. Hope he comes through. He did send me a pic of my Hawker fuse, primered. When I ordered, he said there was another one in the works for a guy in Europe. In the pic, I did see two Hawker Hunters so at least that correlates. Bruce, if you're reading, best regards to you.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:05 PM
Pull Up Now!

Originally Posted by bentwings
My issue with CJM was bad years ago. Never again.

I’ve got a question that is really off topic. Purely as I see a few users here. Many of you have used PayPal. Do you ever get information, instructions or ores from PayPal that arrive in your spam or junk mailboxes? The reason I ask is I’m currently dealing with a span issue. The buyer was trying to do the “ I’ll sent more than the amount, send the balance back” scam. I sent nothing, received nothing.
Definitely not enough info here to comment at all. For example, the buyer of WHAT? Were you selling something?
Old 02-08-2018, 10:18 AM
Pull Up Now!

Proof positive that CJM is definitely still in business.

Update on the Hawker Hunter I ordered from CJM. He emailed my this last Monday that the kit is packed and ready to ship. I didn't get that email. I found out later Google classified it as SPAM because Bruce's company email has the word "sales". On Wednesday, he emailed me from a different email address and asked me if I'd received his other emails. (I'm sure he thought I was a flake). Then I checked my email SPAM and found them. At first, he wanted final payment prior to shipping. I can't blame him for that. But he's missed several ship promises so I asked for a tracking number. He sent a partial number that UPS didn't recognize. Time to worry? I wrote for the real number and asked for a photo of the label and box. At this point he was getting irritated at me I think. But in my own defense, Bruce said that he created the shipping label last Thursday and emailed me at that time, but the tracking number he finally did send me said the label had been created only on Monday. Even in SPAM, I never did find any emails from last Thursday. His emails are still dumping automatically into my SPAM. I really didn't want to pay in full without some evidence the shipment was really ready this time. In the end, he decided to trust me and instructed me to wait for a UPS update on Thursday morning (today) showing UPS pickup, and then send the final big payment. And that is what I did. So the Hawker Hunter is now on it's way and CJM is paid in full. This whole hassle was unnecessary and created by missed promises and inaccurate claims. There is a lesson for both parties to a transaction here. First, customers should understand the difficulties of running a small operation, be patient. When writing, don't get emotional, demanding, or rude. As a business owner, be absolutely accurate with customers on ship dates and other promises. Don't exaggerate or be overly optimistic because little inconsistencies can easily be signs of something worse. When a customer asks for details of what is yet to be done (a progress report), tell hiim. If the list is long, the customer can figure it out that it's no where near shipping. So, when it arrives, I'll make sure everything I ordered is included, and I'll report on my initial impression of the quality. I'm optimistic and looking forward to the build. Thanks Bruce!
Old 02-08-2018, 05:33 PM
Balou88

Originally Posted by Pull Up Now!
Proof positive that CJM is definitely still in business.

Update on the Hawker Hunter I ordered from CJM. He emailed my this last Monday that the kit is packed and ready to ship. I didn't get that email. I found out later Google classified it as SPAM because Bruce's company email has the word "sales". On Wednesday, he emailed me from a different email address and asked me if I'd received his other emails. (I'm sure he thought I was a flake). Then I checked my email SPAM and found them. At first, he wanted final payment prior to shipping. I can't blame him for that. But he's missed several ship promises so I asked for a tracking number. He sent a partial number that UPS didn't recognize. Time to worry? I wrote for the real number and asked for a photo of the label and box. At this point he was getting irritated at me I think. But in my own defense, Bruce said that he created the shipping label last Thursday and emailed me at that time, but the tracking number he finally did send me said the label had been created only on Monday. Even in SPAM, I never did find any emails from last Thursday. His emails are still dumping automatically into my SPAM. I really didn't want to pay in full without some evidence the shipment was really ready this time. In the end, he decided to trust me and instructed me to wait for a UPS update on Thursday morning (today) showing UPS pickup, and then send the final big payment. And that is what I did. So the Hawker Hunter is now on it's way and CJM is paid in full. This whole hassle was unnecessary and created by missed promises and inaccurate claims. There is a lesson for both parties to a transaction here. First, customers should understand the difficulties of running a small operation, be patient. When writing, don't get emotional, demanding, or rude. As a business owner, be absolutely accurate with customers on ship dates and other promises. Don't exaggerate or be overly optimistic because little inconsistencies can easily be signs of something worse. When a customer asks for details of what is yet to be done (a progress report), tell hiim. If the list is long, the customer can figure it out that it's no where near shipping. So, when it arrives, I'll make sure everything I ordered is included, and I'll report on my initial impression of the quality. I'm optimistic and looking forward to the build. Thanks Bruce!
Well I'm glad he is still actually shipping stuff. My problem is that the Kit he shipped me last year was missing multiple parts. After emailing him a very long list with pictures, I did finally receive some of it. I am still missing about 300 in parts though. I did talk to him on the phone finally a couple weeks ago with yet another promise to "ship it tomorrow" broken. Ill just try again in a couple weeks, but ive been doing this back and forth for months now. I would advise you to check your kit carefully, and start a list ASAP if anything is missing. Good luck!
Old 02-19-2018, 08:33 PM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Smile Century Jet retracts w/ Lado Actuators

For those of you who my be interested I am installing a set of Lado RS666 actuators onto my Century Jet 1/5 scale rotating retracts I have on an old Sky Shark P-40. I tried to call Bruce at Century Jet multiple times and all I could get was a disconnected recording. I e-mailed him and never heard back. I contacts Lado and Christopher was glad to help so I order the Lados. I did have to make a new mounting plate for the lado's but that was no big deal. I also had to tap the slider for a 5mm shaft. That was easy also. Here is the link to the thread,

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-w...-actuator.html
Old 02-19-2018, 09:40 PM
Pull Up Now!

Here's an update on the Hawker Hunter jet kit from Century Jet Models. It arrived the day the tracking said it should. It was pretty well packed, and arrived undamaged. It took 2 hrs to search every wad of newspaper packing to make sure I didn't accidentally throw away any plane parts. It appears everything agreed upon and paid for was there. There are a couple things I didn't order that were thrown in. One was an extra nose wheel, and the other is a hardware accessory kit. There was only one thing missing, an engine shroud that bridges a gap between the intake ducting and the turbine itself. The jet fuselage itself looks pretty good. The vertical stab is straight. I mention that because in the only other build forum I could find on that jet, the guy mentioned his was warped and he had to cut it off and reattach it. I won't need to do that, it's fine. I contacted Bruce on two separate emails, his personal one and the business, to ask him if he wanted me to send back the extra nose wheel. I also called him. No answer, and I've not received any reply. I checked the Century Jet Models website again, and it is still up and running, though I couldn't add anything to the cart. I'm not sure that ever worked though. I do think there is something going on there, but I'm not sure what it is. Here's a pic of the jet I received. It's possible I got lucky, we'll see.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hawker Hunter unboxing.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	920.0 KB
ID:	2255316  
Old 02-20-2018, 02:58 AM
tubig

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I recently received two sets of CJM gear (one set of Centurian and one set 1/5 scale) that were purchased through a third party vendor (ie. not purchased directly from CJM). However, I have not had a chance to look them over and it may be a bit before I can do so. I will try to report their condition when I get the opportunity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.