Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

pica 1/5 scale P-51D Mustang

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

pica 1/5 scale P-51D Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 10:57 PM
Norm Carroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pica 1/5 scale P-51D Mustang

If you are ref. to the "cripes A Mighty" version, I have been building this for the last year.
Any special questions?
Norm Carroll
Old 12-07-2002, 08:20 PM
Jack Devine
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default pica 1/5 scale P-51D Mustang

Ben: The Pica kits builds into a very nice Mustang but you need to be very careful during construction to keep the tail light. If you just throw it together I assure you it will take pounds of lead in the nose to properly balalce it. The detail limit is totally up to you and the kit contains a nice cockpit kit. I used Robart 622-5 gear and there is a modification page available from Robart or Pica to install this type retract. It is not a difficult modification and overall I think this gear has a stronger mount. I have a Moki 1.8 in mine and that is adaquate power. If I ever decide to change it to gas I think I'd install the tried and proven Zenoah G-62 but you would have the carb sticking out the side. ZDZ has a rear carb on their 60CC engine and if you knew you were using that engine going in the modifications would be fairly easy to install it. Make sure you build the tail counter balances. They are not much extra work and a Mustang just doesn't look right without them. I also add droppable wing tanks to mine and they look really good and the plane flies well with them on the wing. Hope this helps!
Jack Devine
The following users liked this post:
PREDHEAD (01-01-2021)
Old 01-01-2021, 11:13 AM
PREDHEAD

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I have the crips almighty plane and I just wonder if it can have an electric motor instead of gas?. Also, i don't like the design of the flap mounts and pivot points and the servo hook up i want to have the servo control stay in the wing? no control horn.

Last edited by PREDHEAD; 01-01-2021 at 11:37 AM.