Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

VQ Warbirds - What's going on?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

VQ Warbirds - What's going on?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 01:25 AM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question VQ Warbirds - What's going on?

All this week I've been trying to contact VQ Warbirds, but I get no answer on the phone and no response to emails. I finally talked myself into buying a new plane, but it seems there's nobody there to answer. Yesterday I called again and the answering service said the mailbox is full. Anybody know what's going on?

Thomas
Old 03-22-2018, 01:41 AM
flyinwalenda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just searched and they posted on their FB account 10 hours ago. So, someone is around.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:52 AM
Plano78
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It happens. Tomas and his partner have "day jobs" and sometime they have to play catch up. Send an email or leave a voicemail and they'll get back to you.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:30 PM
oliveDrab

Originally Posted by ho2zoo
All this week I've been trying to contact VQ Warbirds, but I get no answer on the phone and no response to emails. I finally talked myself into buying a new plane, but it seems there's nobody there to answer. Yesterday I called again and the answering service said the mailbox is full. Anybody know what's going on?

Thomas
I've dealt with VQ Warbirds for over 5 years. I've always had difficulty contacting them on the phone but if you send an email Tomas will get back to you. Tomas has always been helpful when I've needed parts for my ESM planes.

oliveDrab
Old 03-22-2018, 08:32 PM
ho2zoo

Well, I sent at least 2 emails this week and got no response. I have ordered from them before and never had trouble getting them on the phone.

But now the good news! I contacted them through Facebook and got an IMMEDIATE response. Even though it was 11:30 at night! The fellow I talked with said they are having trouble with their phone system (yeah, right) and apologized for not answering emails. He suggested ordering online from their web page. I like to speak to a human, but I will give that a try. He said they are busy packing orders and sent some pics to prove it.

ALSO! He leaked a little information about a future release! He said that this summer they will release a B-24 LIBERATOR! 110" WINGSPAN! He even posted pics of the gear they are having built for it! Wow!
Old 04-04-2018, 12:52 AM
ho2zoo

Ok! Got my order from VQ Warbirds yesterday! Got an ESM Zero! Nice! I ordered it on March 23 and it actually got here on March 31st, but I missed the FedEx guy and they came back on Tuesday, 4/3.
So it looks like if you want to talk to them use Facebook, and to order just use their website.
Big, sturdy box arrived with only minor dings to the outside and the Zero looks perfect! Already got a DLE-55 for it.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:54 PM
dgiatr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by dgiatr; 03-06-2019 at 02:07 AM.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:25 PM
rickpell
My Feedback: (6)

Does anyone have any experience repainting a VQ model?
I would dearly like to buy their ME-108 but they managed to pick in my opinion the worst livery considering the choices out there.
I' m not sure what covering is used, and whether or not it could be painted over.
Rick
Old 03-08-2019, 07:52 AM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

I have repainted every ESM bird I own using color matched latex from the local hardware store and then coating some of the more vulnerable areas with water based polyurethane. Rough up the surface with 000 steel wool and spray it with a detail gun. All of them have held up to years of use and abuse.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:29 AM
rickpell
My Feedback: (6)

Thank you.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:53 AM
jamesdpyle

H! i I purchased the B-24 Liberator 110". Supposedly there is a build thread that someone is very close to completing, so suggest you review that (whenever it becomes available), as I am at the stage of installing the Robart mains with the strut supports. To say the least, the instructions are totally lacking in how to install the Robart knee brace strut. I have been trying to figure it out for the last few days, but still have not figured the correct orientation of the hard point attachment in the wing and my gear keeps binding up when cycled!! I am waiting to speak with Tomas to find someone else who has already figured the configuration out to talk with or view the build thread whichever is available.