Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Me-109 (Schlotterbeck Germany)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Me-109 (Schlotterbeck Germany)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 10:51 AM
IdefixRC

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Me-109 (Schlotterbeck Germany)

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with building a Schlotterbeck Modelle (Germany) Me-109?
Any info I can get is highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Old 04-14-2005, 12:05 PM
jeffk464

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Me-109 (Schlotterbeck Germany)

Do you have a website for the company?
Old 04-15-2005, 05:03 AM
IdefixRC

No, I couldn't find one.
Anyone??
Old 04-15-2005, 06:38 PM
SCALECRAFT
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which version, E,F,G,K 109
Old 04-16-2005, 04:27 AM
IdefixRC

The instructions are for the F,G & H Version

Old 04-17-2005, 08:21 AM
pipek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased a 109 F (61 inches wingspan) a couple of years ago. The company was going out of business, so they included all parts for a G version for free.
The kit included nicely made obechi covered foam wings. The leading edge was already shaped and control surfaces cut out. There was not much work to do to finish the wing, only putting together the three parts and attaching the moulded wing tips.
This was the sunny side of the kit. The fuse impressed me in a totally different way. When opening the box I thought "hell, they accidentally put in an ancient hunting tool" ;-). It was rather heavy, panel lines and the like were missing and it sported a nose way to long. I guess this was meant to be some kind of help to either make proper CG adjustment an easily done affair or to reach out to some wild hairy beasts;-)
Empenage was totally off. I guess they included the wrong parts or maybe forgot to tell me that they had different versions available. I got parts that looked like another pair of wings...
Hardware was not included, but I got another spinner to attach a display prop. Again, they did not charge for that.
Flying the plane was an easy affair, but one had to keep an eye on slow speed handling. The plane violently tip stalled, eating up 60-100´ to recover. Slackening response warned the pilot, so I only had to keep that in mind. It might be challenging for others.
So, to summarise my impression of the kit, I think it was not worth the folding stuff.
I dunno if another company has purchased the moulds, but Schloterbek is out of business.

Btw, it´s my first post after having been following what is going on at RCU for a couple of years. So, here´s a late "Hello" to all.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:33 AM
IdefixRC

Hello Pipek,

Thanks for the info.
My kit looks very similar: Blue fuselage without panel lines. The cowling fit's nicely though.
A big half round spinner was also included.

Thanks for the tip stalling heads up. I will keep it in mind for the first flight.

P.S. Welcome to RC-Universe
Old 04-17-2005, 08:49 AM
pipek

So, you got a kit? Is there a new company or is it an old kit you got your hands on?
Another note to flying the plane. I had the impression that it required a lot of aileron movement due to a slow roll rate, but this might be a personal thing. The given numbers were fine for maiden.
As you might have noticed, air cooler intakes are not supplied with the kit. I did some custom detailing, putting these under the wing. I shaped them out of foam, glued them to the wing and put two layers of glass over it. This significantly improved scale appearance, but did not help to distract from the empenage...
Old 04-17-2005, 09:18 AM
IdefixRC

Yes I got an old kit from a friend.
He purchased it 4-5 years ago.

I will put it together and see how I can imitate the radiator (a pity that they did not include it ).
Do you still have yours? Do you have pictures??

BTW, what retract system did you use?
Old 04-17-2005, 12:30 PM
pipek

I used mechanical retracts, which was a bad idea installation wise. I don´t remember the brand. I installed the system the other way around, ´cause of the 109´s notorious bad habits. Another issue was finding wheels that would fit into the wing. So, I avoided these things, thinking that the plane would spend more time in the air and in the shop than on its legs;-) The main reason actually was that I was not willing to invest in an expensive scale undercarriage and attach it to a plane not really scale.
I have some in flight pics, but don´t know where to start looking for them. The plane was sold due to having not met my expectations in scale outline and detail.
I modelled it after this one:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46559.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	259318  
Old 04-18-2005, 01:16 AM
IdefixRC

Nice. I will post my progress here once I get started
Thanks for all the info.

Should you find your pictures. Please post them. I would love to see how the finished bird looks like.
Old 12-09-2018, 02:34 PM
Multi-Engine Guy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Me 109 Schlotterbeck-modelle

I realize that this is a thirteen year old thread, but I just picked up one of these kits.
There is literally ZERO information about it anywhere.
But I was told that Mr.Schlotterbeck actually worked for Messerschmitt.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:07 AM
pipek

As was already stated many years ago, Schlotterbeck went out of business due to age reasons. If you got a kit you can be happy. Unfortunately, due to change in consumer preferences and the pressure from China, many German RC companies have experienced challenges. If you are looking for Messerschmitts & co airplanes in typical German glasfirbe fuses with styro veneer wings style construction there are still two companies around:

https://www.sunshine-modellbau.de

Wega has Me 163s, Me 109s ect in various sizes and the kits are very good. The owner has indicated that he wants to sell the business. I would say, get your hands on a kit as long as they last.
I built their Happy T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPQAqFJOv-M

and I have their Tini on the building board right now. My Happy T is advertized on Wega's website and I did a kit review for the German magazine Modellflug International. I love these kinds of kits.

The other company is Topp rippin.
http://www.rc-tronics-topp-rippin.de/Shop/

They are very overprized. It seems they did a 1:1 Deutsche Mark currency to Euro currency conversion when the Euro was introduced as currency.But on the other hand, the kits are nice and they will not come back when also this company will close. They have a nice two engine Do 17 besides other very interesting potential projects.

Not only Schlotterbeck is out of busienss, also Steinhardt and Beinicke said bye bye. To adress the issue of disapearing quality kits, I highly recommend the sponge approach. Buy what you can, sell your wife, if money is short, but do everthing you can not to regrett in a few years why you did not buy any of these kits. ;-)
The same applies to quality 2 stoke engiens. Buy them where you find them, even if you think you do not need one. In a few years you will regret, when it is too late.

All the good stuff will be gone and all that will be left will be EPO toys and a few ARF that will dominate the sky over the airfields.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:54 PM
Multi-Engine Guy

Default Sponging up kits and engines

Thanks for all of the information on the 109.
Yes I am glad that I got this kit!
The hobby industry has not been changing for the better.
. I have been collecting kits and 2 and 4 stroke engines. I
I want to have enough to last another 30 years of building and flying.
Did you ever find those pictures of your 109?
. Thanks again for the reply!
Old 12-11-2018, 07:47 AM
pipek

Same here. I buy as much items, such as kits and engines, as possible to have another happy 30 years in the hobby. I also design planes and we sell them though my company PEPE Aircraft. this helps a bit to deal with the market, that currently does not offer any new interesting products. Especially the lack of real kits (that I have not build yet) is a problem.

Myy company
http://www.pepe-aircraft.de

As you can see, I like "old school" model designs and my company is one of the few that still makes planes for small methanol engines.

Unfortunately, I did no find any of the pictures. My Me 109 went to a friend who flew as radio operator on Luftwaffe Junkers 88 during WW2 and he sent it to one of his children in Norway. My friend passed away a few years ago so I do not have access to model or his pictures.

I am currently considering buying the Wega Me 109 and their Me 163. Just to have my hands on the kits...the problem is, I am not sure which scale I should buy. It would be nice to have both in the same scale on the flight line. :-)
Old 12-11-2018, 07:53 PM
Multi-Engine Guy

Default Pepe-Aircraft

I just checked out your website, very nice little planes!
. You don't see too many Me 263's being kitted.
I still have a Fly boys models Me 163, which is designed for a .46 two stroke, and is powered by an O.S. 46sf abc.
Lately I have been busy collecting a few Bf 109's from
Different manufacturers.
So besides the schlotter-beck 109, I also have a new in box Jemco Bf 109, a Kyosho Bf 109 .46 size SQS series and a 40 inch/102cm wingspan bf 109E Japanese kit, manufacturer unknown.
This little plane will have an O.S. fs26 surpass and retracts.
Yeah I still have few more kits on my radar, and now I am considering looking for some more Geman manufactured kits.
I am also going to learn how to vacuform my own canopy's and accessories as well as learn to mix my own glow fuel.
Glow fuel has just gotten too expensive, but at least it's still being made.
I don't fly electric or gas, just glow.
And still having a lot of fun doing it.

Last edited by Multi-Engine Guy; 12-11-2018 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 12-12-2018, 05:57 AM
pipek

Last week I got me an irvine engine from the UK

https://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/irvine-39-abc-r-c-engines-supplied-new-but-unboxed

SMC also carries our PEPE Aircraft kits. I purchased the engine to see if it would fit in my designs KNUT and USCHI and it really has a snug fit. I want to test the engine in my designs first to see how they perform. After this, I will install the engine in a Cambria Bf 109 that I just purchased this week. Cant wait to have my hands on the kit and start building it over Christams.

https://www.cambrianplanes.co.uk/ourshop/prod_819005-CA02-Fun-Fighter-ME109-IC-Kit.html

I also only use methanol engines for private use. I only do electrics during product developements. I fly all my engines with Castor oil only. No synth, because I destroyed one of my Enya Quicky 09 within 2 hours with synth fuel. Engines with steel piston, or piston ring get 24% Castor and aluminum pistion engiens see 20% Castor. All with 10% Nitro to make starting and carb settings easier. I would use less, but I have too many plugs with medium heat.
I purchase the fuel from German fuel companies directly.
One guy is called Eugen Fleischmann and the other copmpany is www.spritmixer.de.

both have very high quality Casor oil and they ship stuff sperate for personal mixing too, if you want. Perhaps you can get their fuel shipped to the US or where you are. I find the cost very reasonable and I find them so good that I would also operate a larger Supre tigre S3000 or Saito with methanol. I hate the smell of gas and I love the smell of methanol/castor in the morning ;-)
Besides that the so called nitro engines do not need spark plug power.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:58 AM
pipek

Was your Me 109 from Tettra Japan? Do you have pictures?
Old 12-12-2018, 09:01 AM
Multi-Engine Guy

Default Unknown Messerschmitt Bf 109E Model

Originally Posted by pipek
Was your Me 109 from Tettra Japan? Do you have pictures?
I can post some pics of it later today.
My Wife hates the smell of the interior of my car after it's been used to transport Airplanes.
Our kids don't seem to mind the smell.
It's like perfume to me.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:02 PM
Multi-Engine Guy

Default Machida Messerschmitt Bf 109E

So there is a manufacturer's name on this one: Machida.
. But I have been unsuccessful at finding any info on the company or the model.
. Here are some pics.

Last edited by Multi-Engine Guy; 12-12-2018 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:15 AM
pipek

Looks like a very nice kit.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:21 AM
pipek

Tettra from Japan used to have a very nice line up of warbirds and other scale models. Unfortunately, most of their kits are sold out, including their Zero float plane version Rufe.
http://ishii-mokei.heteml.jp/eng/products/list.php?transactionid=117409d9348749e6da4e85da797 9d4a178e5cee5&mode=&category_id=558&maker_id=0&name=&orderby=&disp_number=15&pageno=2&product_id=&classcategory_id1=&classcategory_id2=&product_class_id=&quantity=&rnd=pra

Maybe you can ask the folks at Ishi Mokei about the orgin of your Me-109F kit.