Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

CARF CORSAIR with out a Moki 250?

Old 10-04-2019, 07:39 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (33)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default CARF CORSAIR with out a Moki 250?

I have been looking, as I'm going to get my dream Corsair, a nice big Carf, but I do not want another Moki Motor. I have been down that rout, and it dead sticked on my, which caused me to lose my Airworld GeeBee R3, Yes they sound great, but they are kind of week.

So I have been looking for any builds where someone put something other than a Moki motor? I'm thinking ZDZ 224 4 cylinder, any thoughts?
Old 10-04-2019, 10:04 AM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (359)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default DA

Originally Posted by mikes68charger View Post
I have been looking, as I'm going to get my dream Corsair, a nice big Carf, but I do not want another Moki Motor. I have been down that road, and it dead sticked on my, which caused me to lose my Airworld GeeBee R3, Yes they sound great, but they are kind of week.

So I have been looking for any builds where someone put something other than a Moki motor? I'm thinking ZDZ 224 4 cylinder, any thoughts?
A DA-120 should fly the airplane with no issues. Just expect to put LOTS of noseweight in; even with the Moki, which weighs 10lbs at least, she needs another 4 lbs or to CG correctly. I have not personally sen any that don't have the Moki, but I am sure they are out there.
Yes, the Moki learning curve is steep, this from someone who has been down that road, and still learning.
-Mike O.

Last edited by IFLYBVM2; 10-04-2019 at 10:08 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-05-2019, 04:20 AM
dgiatr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes, you could consider me as another one who dont want to put a moki 250 to its warbird. I own a 1/4 scale sist fw 190. At that time i have one zdz 160 champion 2 stroke gas engine on it but i want to put something bigger on it, in order to swing a big scale 3blade prop. So i am thinking of some 4 cylinder flat gas engine as you do, in the future. The problem is of course the efficient cooling of that engine. So i will follow your thread!!!
Old 11-18-2019, 07:43 AM
Nickrc3
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by mikes68charger View Post
I have been looking, as I'm going to get my dream Corsair, a nice big Carf, but I do not want another Moki Motor.
Mike68 - I can relate to your concerns. Just purchased the CARF P-47, and not ever owning a gas multi-cylinder, feel intimidated with complexity and reliability. The price, well that's entirely another matter.
A fellow club member does fly both his CARF warbirds with the DA twin's, and they fly very well. I may go this route, but like many others, hard to not get addicted with that sound as she fly's by. Unfortunately in using the twin gas engine, they sound like another leaf-blower engine. This model really serves a radial.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:46 AM
ButchPendergrass
My Feedback: (12)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am running a DLA 128 quad Meister Scale p47 greet performance