Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

YOU CAN KISS A WARBIRDS ONLY SHOW GOOD-BYE@ DAYTON

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

YOU CAN KISS A WARBIRDS ONLY SHOW GOOD-BYE@ DAYTON

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 03:35 PM
warbirdav8r
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YOU CAN KISS A WARBIRDS ONLY SHOW GOOD-BYE@ DAYTON

I kissed it goodbye this year also, and i have been there every year. Just got tired of fighting it. I'm only an hour and a half away but didn't want to waste my time. There will be a giantscale warbird only event at Muncie AMA Labor day weekend next year, hopefully for years to come if it works out. NO 3d, no shows, just big warbirds till dark. This topic is posted on the events page as a poll. Tell us what to expect as far as attendance, we want it to be a first class event, and need your input.The event will be hosted by a local club that is very heavy into warbirds and just want to have a place to go and fly warbirds on a long holiday weekend!
Old 11-15-2003, 05:11 PM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am about 1 1/2 hours from Muncie: if they decide to have a Warbird event, instead of a Giant Warbird event, I'll be there with several 1/8 & 1/7 scale warbirds. Too bad so many of the Warbird events are for giant scale only.
On the Dayton show: my club has members that are into combat, 3D, warbirds, electrics, seaplanes, etc. We have several event each year, but they are usually category specific. I think it is a bad idea for the local (Dayton) club to not make this event warbird specific. They are in a position to have very large turnouts if they ever do.
Old 11-15-2003, 11:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If someone is still looking for the CARDS web site, and pictures of their events, it's at http://www.radiodrone.net I didn't see anything on the warbirds event. Just their Giant Scale event. Sure a lot of warbirds at it though. - Joe
Old 11-16-2003, 07:44 AM
jetster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the cards giant scale is in july, and the warbird event is in september, this was the first year for the event so thats why they probably dont have anything yet . jetster