Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Another P47 question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Another P47 question

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2002, 01:01 AM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another P47 question

O.K. I have read and re-read all the great threads on here about these cool birds. I am ready to now build one. I have looked at the Yellow, TF giant scale, Ziroli etc. I really want a great plane, that builds great and flys great. I want BIG, but do not want to go gas, would like to stick too maybe moki or something. With that said, which out there would be good?
I love the Yellow kits, will it fly ok with glow? How bout cost for one of these, they dont list the price, and I missed calling them today because of time difference. Building is not a problem have built a couple various kits already, just want something really cool, a reasonable price for the kit, and of course glow.

Thanks

Todd
Old 05-14-2002, 01:07 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Bob Holman has the plans, parts, and I think laser cut parts for the Brian Taylor 76 inch P-47. This one would be perfect for one of the Mokis and is more accurate than any of the larger kits/plans. The Yellow kit has been built and flown for years with the big Super Tigers and Mokis and I'm sure flys OK with those motors also. Best of luck with whatever you decide, Chad.
Old 05-14-2002, 01:11 AM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

Thanks Chad, that was the other one I was thinking about, but couldnt remember :stupid:
I am going to check it now, thanks for now.

Todd
Old 05-14-2002, 06:39 AM
fw190
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default YA-P47

If you want to build one fairly quickly, then I suggest the Yellow. I have flown mine with a Moki 1.8 then 2.1 and now a Brison 3.2. Very good performance on all three engines. Had to get rid of my 5 Mokis, its costing me too much money on glow fuel.You'll pay a lot more for the Yellow than the Taylor, but most of the work has been done for you. Another thought is to post a want add on-line. You may get one for 400-500 dollars for a NIB kit.

I took 2 weeks off from work and built my YA-P47, and another week later it was ready for take off.

fw190
Old 05-14-2002, 02:39 PM
k_sonn
My Feedback: (32)

I purchased a Yellow P-47 a couple of months ago and it cost $555.00 plus shipping. You will still need to buy retracts. If you purchase the yellow and want the retract doors to open and close, you will need to purchase about another $150 - 200 dollars worth of stuff. This includes the UP valve, air cylinders, hinges, etc. You should also purchase a special glue called Stabilite (either through yellow or hobby lobby). It is used for glueing wood to polyster fiber glass in high stress areas. All in all, I like the yellow kit.