Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Building Corsair and a SCALE tail wheel w/hook!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Building Corsair and a SCALE tail wheel w/hook!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 06:39 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Building Corsair and a SCALE tail wheel w/hook!

Hi everyone, I'm building a Royal Corsair .60 and the scale tail wheel. I am documenting my progress on my web site. When you check it out please take the time to sign my guest book! I like feedback, it keeps me going. I would also like any input you may have on the project. I am including a picture of the completed tail wheel.

This is my site:

http://home.earthlink.net/~deadlift/

Thanks,

Luke

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IM001277NET.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	87  
Old 03-30-2003, 07:08 PM
AlvinS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very impressive. I will be starting a Topflight Corsair within the next couple of months. This is just the inspiration I need. I really like the retractable tail wheel. I had planned on using an off the shelf tail wheel on mine, but may try building one like yours. Are you going to install gear door sequncers on your Corsair? I am contemplating doing gear door sequencers and actuating them with a micro servo.

Make sure you post pictures when it is complete.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:08 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am just finishing a Curare. It is an older pattern design. After I get that done I will be starting a Top Flight Corsiar. It is the older Red box version. I have had it for well over ten years. I have not had the money to get the retracts for it. I am now getting the stuff togather to build it. I have ordered the air kit for the retracts but not the retracts yet.

I like the tail wheel assembly. I think it is more scale then I will be doing. I will be using a retractable tail wheel though. I like the Robart one.

Dru.

P.S. Thanks for the help in getting off my butt and start building.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:49 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<hr>I had planned on using an off the shelf tail wheel on mine, but may try building one like yours. Are you going to install gear door sequncers on your Corsair? I am contemplating doing gear door sequencers and actuating them with a micro servo.<hr>

Great! It is the most realistic tail wheel you can have that I know of. I am going to install all 8 gear doors! The tail wheel will close it's own doors, stay tuned for how that is done. I am undecided on the main gear doors, I might use the Sonic Tronics gear door kit. It has scale hinges and when the gear are down the hinges springs hold the doors open, when they are up the hinges springs hold the doors shut. I like it because it is simple. But I may go the servo rout, we will have to see. I know how to close all 4 doors with one servo. I will not stop taking pictures; I am documenting the whole thing!

<hr>This is just the inspiration I need. <hr>

I am using the site for my inspiration to finish this thing! So please leave your comments in my guest book! It will keep me going!

If you are serious about building one, I'll send patterns for the main parts to all that sign my guest book... deal?

Thanks,

Luke

Old 03-31-2003, 08:29 AM
AlvinS

<hr>If you are serious about building one, I'll send patterns for the main parts to all that sign my guest book... deal?<hr>

Count me in. I have looked at the web site, now I will go back and sign the guest book.

Thank you

Old 04-02-2003, 01:01 PM
Heavy Date

Must say I am very impressed with your scale tail wheel! Very nice work. Seeing the quality of it makes my want to see how the model will turn out! Please keep us posted.

Once again fantastic job on the tail wheel!

Hans