Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

World Models .60 size P-51 Mustang--Petie 2nd version

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

World Models .60 size P-51 Mustang--Petie 2nd version

Old 02-09-2017, 08:52 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Ed, you have a valid question, but the plane has large flaps and lands like a feather, see the landing in my link.
I am seriously looking at buying one for my Zenoah 20

https://youtu.be/P7LoeHmhhew?t=250

Jim
Old 02-10-2017, 06:29 AM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a new one with a dle20 but I bought it a couple of years ago and it didnt come with the electric retracts, but it does have the other updates. SpinnerRow is correct its definitely best to get the wrap around muffler with this engine - I thought you could use the standard muffler but it would be hard to fit in plus its much easier to run the ignition wires etc when the engine is fully inverted. Plus i figured out how to run a choke pushrod back through the side of the fuse so it comes out near the front of the canopy which makes it easy to operate and gets it away from the 16 inch prop. I use the radio to shut off the engine. The dle runs great. I cut my cowl just like SpinnerRow did for cooling.

By the way i replaced the stock retracts with Spring Air retracts which i had in my previous wm Petie 60 size mustang that i flew for around 1000 flights with a super tiger g90 engine before i broke it. I could have repaired it but I figured that with that many flights it made more sense to get the new one and go to the dle20 engine. The Spring Air retracts are still in great shape even after my sometimes mediocre landings .

Ed

Last edited by rc34074; 02-10-2017 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:09 AM
aaroncmh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the stock muffler on my DLE 20 had to flip it over. I just use my finger for the choke...but my cowl isn't perfect.

I didn't get to re-maiden her the other day but will report back when I do...looking forward to it I've missed her.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:46 AM
aaroncmh

Man I shredded my Petie. Went out last week and flew into a fence post while trying to land. I should have waited it was sort of gusty and my winter runway wasn't very wide...totally my fault I need to be more patient.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:43 AM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aaroncmh - sorry to hear that you lost yours. Just get another one and rebuild like I did. You have it all figured out so it will go together easily for you I would think.

Do you live in Columbus (cmh) ? I lived in Mansfield ohio most of my life until I moved here (Texas) 6 years ago. Both are great places to live - my grandkids are here so we came to be more a part of their lives and that has worked out very well.

Ed
Old 02-26-2017, 09:09 AM
aaroncmh

Originally Posted by rc34074
Aaroncmh - sorry to hear that you lost yours. Just get another one and rebuild like I did. You have it all figured out so it will go together easily for you I would think.

Do you live in Columbus (cmh) ? I lived in Mansfield ohio most of my life until I moved here (Texas) 6 years ago. Both are great places to live - my grandkids are here so we came to be more a part of their lives and that has worked out very well.

Ed
Thanks for the kind words Ed...I already received a Seagull Yak 54 in the mail to replace the Petie. As much as I liked her I picked up a 3DHS Slick 580 and decided I better practice a lot before I fly it (a whole lot ha ha). Before deciding I did see the Petie is on sale for 289 right now w the electric retracts.

And yes born and raised in Cbus...been to Mansfield a few times over the years...unless you count 71 then I've been there a bunch of times. And I'm quite sure grandkids are way better than Mansfield.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:50 PM
monki69

Default Maiden

Hello , i bouhgt this second hand plane and I am going to maiden it today , we keep inform.
This is electric version with a 6s 4500 mah and axi motir with 15x8

greatings
Old 09-29-2019, 12:05 PM
monki69

Hello I flew this plane this morning , and it was succesful, it flew very well, and landed very soft. the only issue is the cone had a terrible vibration , and I noticed that the shaft after the propeller is a little bit bend.

also i had a problem with retract servo , that it can not close I dont know why, may be it is broken the fact it moves but it can not get the close position when its is flying.