Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Moki 210

Old 03-06-2004, 02:58 AM
rslstft
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Moki 210

Tom,
I have been using Klotz oil for about 2 years or so and never have had a problem. I run 30% nitro in my 4-strokes and use Klotz's synthetic oil called HeliGlow and for 15% nitro 2-strokes, I use their SuperTechniPlate which has 20% Castor oil in it. I usually add about 3oz of SuperTechniPlate into the mix for 4-strokes just get a very small amount of castor oil to help protect the motors when they sit. Never had any problems with carbon buildup, and some of my motors have more than 15 gallons of fuel through them. You can order direct from Klotz and they are very helpful and ship quickly.

www.Klotzlube.com

Happy flying,
Russ
Old 03-06-2004, 09:15 AM
prop wash

Flak,are we talking about the Moki 2.10 or the other gas engines that Moki makes.RCM's or what ever? Rus thanks for your input here about the oil.Believe me I am copying this all down.I hope to retire next year and I'll need all this infor from you guys to keep me flying. Yes Semper Fi Mike,tell your brother that we are all proud of his service to our country along with all the other men and women in the military.Tuff life. Bob can you and Mike give us a little more details about how the Moki performs in planes this heavy and the quality of the motor?? Oh and what motor mount do you use??? Tom
Old 03-06-2004, 09:28 AM
whs485

I've been running the Moki 2.10 on the TF GS P-51-D for about two years now and I believe it is the optimum power plant for this 20 lb. warbird. I run Byrons FAI fuel right from the jug and this baby cooks. The inverted pitts from Bisson works fine. About the bolt patterns; the pattern on the radial mount IS the same, but the muffler bolt spacing is wider (larger bolts) and I had a heck of a time keeping muffler bolts until I learned to warm up the engine before installing the bolts. After that they stayed tight. Everything fits within the cowl and I had no trouble balancing the plane by moving batteries. The 2.10 cylinder head is 3/8" higher than the 1.8 but that was no problem either. The Moki usually starts by back flipping the spinner-try that with a gasser. I'm very happy with the combo and would recommend it to real glo-heads.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:26 PM
prop wash

You just made my day whs,I have 2 mufflers to look into,the Slimline inverted pitts and the Bisson inverted pitts.I have another problem to work out and that is I have an Airtronics 6000 and it is going to take some work to get everything to work right,I'm going to use an Airtronics 64161 servo [130 oz of tork] for the rudder and retract tailwheel.The tail wheel will be hooked up to the servo with pull-pull cable and the push rod as suggested in the book.When the tail wheel is retracted the cables will be slack" rudder only" when the wheel is down, cables are tight,"rudder and tail wheel".Hope it works.Tom
Old 03-07-2004, 09:47 AM
whs485

The cable works fine. It is stiff enough not to kink when tailwheel is retracted, and deploys neatly with no problems. I fly JR, so rudder servo is 4721/119 oz. as is elevator. Ailerons are 531/60 oz. as are flaps. Throttle is 517/43 oz. as is retract air valve. The only component I dislike are the Robart retracts. Robart has been good to me insofar as service and support, but I have not been able to build any confidence in the system, it just fails too often, and for a variety of reasons. When the "stang" is in the air it is a real attention getter, the sound and the performance is awesome.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:11 PM
prop wash

Thanks Whs,I got my Robarts from a club member who's TF P51 kit he did not build[too heavy] kissed a big tree and was totaled.The left gear was irreparable.He gave me the right gear and the retract tail wheel,plus the valves, tank and hoses.I ordered the left gear and am now waiting 2 weeks .They said one week but you know how that goes.I know they were back ordered last fall and winter when Splais had his thread going so I guess I'll have to wait...So in the mean time I am slowly putting her together[wings] but have not started to work on the fuselage.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:12 PM
whs485

Default RE: RE: Moki 210

As I recall, the 5" wheels called for in the plans come too close at the center of the wing. I had to drop to 4 1/2" wheels to be able to cut big enough wells and not touch in the center of the wing. I could have screwed up, but I don't think so. Just be aware of this "possible" glitch when building the wing. I saw some other good posts on the "stang" elsewhere in the forum you might want to check out. Good Luck.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:46 PM
prop wash

Default RE: RE: Moki 210

Thanks WHS but I have the TF GS ARF.I don't have the patience to build.I used to build from plans,cut my own foam wings and made my own jigs to bend my own wire.I would really have to be tenatious to start building like you do.Not that I don't "build" or should I say "rebuild".I have several models that I am currently doing just that.Thanks again.Tom