Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Ziroli Jug refinish

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Ziroli Jug refinish

Old 05-04-2004, 10:37 AM
fw190d9
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ziroli Jug refinish

Hello everyone, I just wanted to show some pics of my ziroli P-47 that is nearing completion. The airframe is a former top gun competitor that I purchased some time ago. The original plan was simply to put a new engine in it and fly it, but as you can see I kinda got carried away. Here is a pic of the cowl nose art that is hand painted. More pics on my webpage:
http://www.homestead.com/evoshangar/Jug.html
Also in a thread on RCscalebuilder.com:
http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/...p?TID=640&PN=1
Evan Q.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26500.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	129102  
Old 05-04-2004, 12:33 PM
kerrydel
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Ziroli Jug refinish

"kinda got carried away" You think? Looks good tho. Make sure to post pictures when you're finished.

Kerry
Old 05-04-2004, 07:14 PM
CaptainHook
My Feedback: (80)

As usual, nothing but good stuff from your hanger. Great Job Evan!
Old 05-04-2004, 09:08 PM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GREAT job evan!!

ed
Old 05-04-2004, 09:19 PM
MarkShapiro
My Feedback: (52)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Evan,
Looks fantastic as does all of your work. I have taken a brief hiatus after completing the Spitfire but will start up again soon on my Y/A P-47. As with your Spitfire, your P-47 gives inspiration to get started on mine. Best regards. Mark.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:34 AM
fw190d9
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the Comps guys. Ive been having a good time refinishing this bird. Ive tried to do the entire color scheme without using any decals. Ive been thru a ton of tape and lots of paint but its starting to look like something. The only decals Ive used are the stencils which I printed out myself on laser decal paper. Sean McHale was kind enough to send me the stencil list which he used on his tbolt and I blew it up to the right size to use on mine. As you know this is not a competition caliber bird so Im not going to all lengths to scale it out. My next big project, the 1/4 scale fw190d9 will be an all out attempt at scale so stay tuned.
Evan Q.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:45 PM
heliraptor

Evan

I've been following this forum for the past couple of years, not many posts as I haven't been in a position to build my first warbird...till now that is.

Just got to say that you, and many other great builders round here have been such an inspiration, but mainly you. Your models are absolutely first class and if I can get anywhwere near yours I'll be pleased. Mine won't be competition machines, just built for fun and to fly as much as I can.

Congrats on a top job on the Jug, hopefully my first Warbird.

The delay has mainly been due to not having a decent enough field to fly off, at the weekend I secured a new strip for me and a few friends, that is actually a farmers airstrip, pretty good surface too.

The best of it is the strip is actually based on and runs directly above the main runway of the old World War 2 airfield at Boxted, Essex, UK, home of the 56th Fighter Group and the great 'Gaby' Gabreski so I'll be taking off on the exact same runway as he flew off to many of his succesful sorties. The concrete has gone now, and its all grass however a lot of original buildings and the perimeter roads remain.

One of the coolest buildings (Now used by a farmer as storage) is the old control building. On the walls are still the old blackboards, and markings of the aircraft and some pilot names that served there.

Sorry to change topic, but seing your Jug again spurs me on and I get carried away.

Let me see, who shall I base my model on

Keep up the good work.

Lee
Old 05-05-2004, 03:01 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

heliraptor,

That is just awesome! I have been to Duxford a few times, it would be increadible feelin to get to fly at one of those old airfields on a regular basis...even if it isn't in the same condition.