RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Midwest P-51 Mustang

Old 05-17-2004, 02:46 PM
t_ray850

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Midwest P-51 Mustang

Hello. I was wondering if anyone had any information on the Midwest P-51 Mustang Kit. It's an older model but was never finished. I've searced the internet and this site without any luck. I received it recently and I almost have it ready to fly. I was wanting to do so research on this kit before I put it in the air. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:41 PM
rc34074

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Midwest P-51 Mustang

i had the 60 size midwest mustang- its a real good flyer. be a little careful with the elevator travel- it will do a high speed snap roll if you use more elevator travel than midwest says. it has a sport wing and flies very well. i flew mine for 7 years before the elevaotr servo failed and i lost it.

ed
Old 05-18-2004, 12:42 PM
t_ray850

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Midwest P-51 Mustang

Thanks Ed. I will watch out for the elevator travel. Do you know about what this kit is worth. Also it shows the plan to have an open cowl with the engine head sticking straight up. The cowl is one piece with the fuselage. I intend to turn the engine to it's side, put the exaust through the bottom of the cowl and close off the top. I've had to carve a piece of balsa to do so. Do you know if there is a fiberglass cowl that I can use instead? Thanks again.

Search this Thread