Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Midwest P-51 Mustang

Hello. I was wondering if anyone had any information on the Midwest P-51 Mustang Kit. It's an older model but was never finished. I've searced the internet and this site without any luck. I received it recently and I almost have it ready to fly. I was wanting to do so research on this kit before I put it in the air. Any help would be appreciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Midwest P-51 Mustang

i had the 60 size midwest mustang- its a real good flyer. be a little careful with the elevator travel- it will do a high speed snap roll if you use more elevator travel than midwest says. it has a sport wing and flies very well. i flew mine for 7 years before the elevaotr servo failed and i lost it.

ed
    \"there are fighters and there are targets\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Midwest P-51 Mustang

Thanks Ed. I will watch out for the elevator travel. Do you know about what this kit is worth. Also it shows the plan to have an open cowl with the engine head sticking straight up. The cowl is one piece with the fuselage. I intend to turn the engine to it's side, put the exaust through the bottom of the cowl and close off the top. I've had to carve a piece of balsa to do so. Do you know if there is a fiberglass cowl that I can use instead? Thanks again.