Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 06:38 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks mate, yeah I kinda of like it too! Hawaii and Pearl Harbour on my list of places to see when I get some spare cash.

Have been to the US many times, Tx, Ca - LA & SFC, NYC, Atlanta, Las Vegas, New Orleans and briefly in Denver during a layover.

Get yourself over here, plenty to do and see and right now very good exchange rate AUD to USD, thinking we are at 0.79 USD.

We even have model aero clubs too!

some day is the day you die
Old 01-27-2015, 07:16 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pete great to hear from you my friend and thanks for the kind words !! Same to you and your budding family I am glad to see that things are good on the important matters of life and family !
I have been traveling like a migrating duck lol , but with time have had some fun with rc and finally joined a local club , now I have to behave .
I think there was a hidden reason why I loved the P40 flying Tigers , perhaps I hidden renegade inside of me lol
keep in touch good friend and happy flying !
Old 01-27-2015, 07:38 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

budding family? do you know something I don't mate? I'm single these days and mind my own busines for once!

Last relationship fell apart beginning of Nov 2013. Turned out she was a control freak and fruit loop so dodged a bullet there.

I do a bit of dating but don't want to get tied down so to speak. Its all too hard at this stage of life. Cranky old man kicking in ! LOL

Work, model planes and some close friends is about it these days.

all good.

glad you are getting in some flying mate and have joined a club.

not much travel for me these days, do a few work trip within the state but no where exciting that is for sure.

yeah can relate to the renegade part hahaq

take care mate
cheers
P
Old 01-27-2015, 08:05 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Hay Z
Hawaii is a great one timer Pearl Harbor was a great experience, and as soon as I win the loto I will be going to OZ there is a lot to see, And of course I will have to hire Pete to show me all the sights especially those white sand beaches and the like. I admit I am OLD but my radar still works great but everything else is on the blink .

Up date on my repairs, I am in the process of glassing the fuse on the corsair got the horizontal, vertical and the belly done hope to finish by thurs as I have 2 days off, the weeks is just waiting foe a bit warmer weather and I will squirt paint, and the bird I got for Christmas from my son is on hold till I can find a longer front prop adapter so I don't have to cut a big hole for the engine head and plug, my just have to find a machinist to make one, cot a coupla of feelers out and waiting for replys

Cheers Bob T
Old 01-27-2015, 08:20 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Bob,
always good to have the radar working.

At laeast you are making progress on jobs there mate. I've gound to a halt as the shed is too hot to get into of late. Cooler today so might be able to spend some time tonight.

No charge for tour guiding, you can buy me a beer or three!

cheers
me
Old 01-28-2015, 07:38 PM
Nordicz
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob and Oz,

You are right Oz the some day is a bit that I should get out of the vocabulary and make it happen. I have a tendency to put off what a lad should do today. After my Annual inspection with the Doctor I should be more of a doer than a talker. To many of those walking about. I have a short list of visits I want to make Australia and Pearl Harbor is on the top of that list. No doubt in my mind that the experience would be highly rewarding. Going through a re-org at work so I'm pretty conservative right now none of us quite know our lot in life . Sitting in the hot seat for the long term outlook. Plus I hope one can appreciate the fact a good safari is equal to 3 or 4 good sized warbirds. Wifey doesn't do the math the same way I do
Old 01-28-2015, 08:18 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

agree on that mate, I can be a procrastinator as well and especially now I'm on my own I simply think "bah can't be bothered"

Bad habit. need to get my bum off the couch and go for a walk, I'm 5 min walk from the river and lovely path to walk along. Just been lazy.

We men get that way when we become single for too long.

Pearl and Oz you could do in the one trip, fly to Hawaii, a few days, whatever then fly to oz.

Similar here on the job front, state election this saturday and then we shall see what happens, loads of restructures and cutbacks with this current state government and threat of major asset sales if they get back in. Very unsettling. We have been in limbo for about 2 years now.

go the Safari mate. Happy wife happy life and you tick off two bucket list items plus see Oz. Vist a few flying fields and scratch that itch. While in Hawaii you can visit the museum there that houses one of our retired F-111C strike aircraft. ( we should still be flying them grrrr)

Things to consider in Oz, if you go in the water there are things to kill you, if you go in the bush there are things to kill you. Same on the roads but then they are just plain idiots and you have your share of those too inclding those in that big white house.

Quick summary of Oz nasties to avoid.

Water:

Sharks of all varieties, white pointer, grey nurse, bronze whaler, hammer head, tiger, and the very nasty bull shark that gets into the rivers and canals.

Salt water crocodiles. Mainly in the north. In those areas do not go in rivers, creeks etc and the beach!

Blue ringed octopus.

Box Jellyfish

Sea snakes

Land:

snakes - taipan both inland (worlds most lethal), coastal taipan, eastern brown ( highly agro), red bellied black, death adder

spiders: funnel web (worlds most lethal), redback

Kangaroos - yes they will kick the crap out of you

dingos - wild dogs

buffalo in northern areas

Cassowary - large bird http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassowary

women - found everywhere
Old 01-28-2015, 08:19 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

forgot to add Bogans

you can google those
Old 01-29-2015, 07:12 AM
rt3232

I heart from laughing, but so true

Bob
Old 01-29-2015, 02:08 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

well at least I can people a giggle. Gotta be good!

Everytime I look through facebook I see all the crap the camel crowd are doing around the world and it makes my blood boil.

Anyway enough of that or I will go into critical mass.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:38 PM
rt3232

That is why I don't go on face book except to see my daughters post's

Got the fuse on the corsair glassed will give it another day to cure and then a lite sand, next will be the wing but I think I may have CLEAN the shop first then when that is done I wont be able to find my A#$ but it has to be done at least once a year. weather guys are saying
cold single digits for the next week, then if I have things ready will try to squirt primer.

Cheers bob T
Old 01-29-2015, 07:09 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

yes well my daughters dont talk to me so just as well as I dont need to see what mischief they are getting up to.

Good work on the glass work mate, you will have that bird ready in no time. Might get over to the paint place tomorrow to get some slow thinners.

Busy day though as I have to get fuel for the mower then mow the jungle after all the rain, go and vote in our state election, then a couple of tyres fitted to the disco at 11.

After that hopefully.

If not too humid I'll get back in the shed and finishing off the wiring runs inside the vampire. The new YEP 120 A ESC seems to be giving the fan a lot more oomph.

Will make a good yard blower if nothing else lol!

Just under 2 hours and I can head home for the weekend! Yay

ooo roo

me
Old 01-30-2015, 04:54 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nordicz
Bob and Oz,

Plus I hope one can appreciate the fact a good safari is equal to 3 or 4 good sized warbirds. Wifey doesn't do the math the same way I do
Got to kill 2 birds with one stone. I'm off for Europe in a couple of days, first stop is Bacelona and off to jet munts factory to pick up my new turbine, wifey on holidays = happy, I'm saving money = happy, win win for everyone!!

thanks

dave
Old 01-30-2015, 05:32 AM
rluigi65

Originally Posted by ticketec
Got to kill 2 birds with one stone. I'm off for Europe in a couple of days, first stop is Bacelona and off to jet munts factory to pick up my new turbine, wifey on holidays = happy, I'm saving money = happy, win win for everyone!!

thanks

dave
I saw you mustang from top flite. She was really beautiful..........
Old 02-08-2015, 06:44 AM
rt3232

Well it has been a bit sense any one posted, So hear is what going on hear.
Got the Corsair Glassed, I decided not to squeegee on a second coat of risin as I am trying to save as much weight as possible, now waiting for warmer weather so I can do primer and paint the repairs on the weeks, still have the ARF 300 to finish as I have not received the custom muffler from Bison should be hear by the first of March and that works

Pete hope you don't mind the E-Mails I have sent.

Cheers bob T
Old 02-09-2015, 07:01 AM
rluigi65

my spitfire repainted :
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150208_134638 ridotto.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	2071692   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150208_134746ridotto.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	2071693   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150208_134823ridotto.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	2071694  
Old 02-09-2015, 02:20 PM
rt3232

rluigi65

That is a great looking spitty, but I have to ask how big is it and you have done agood job of hiding the exhaust

Cheers Bob T
Old 02-09-2015, 07:50 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

all good bob I normally have a quick look at them on my iPhone 6 plus

Getting tooth pulled tomorrow as it is causing me no end of misery and I am like a bear with a sore ehad at the moment. Doesed up on pain killers too which is not good.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:07 PM
ticketec

Originally Posted by rluigi65
I saw you mustang from top flite. She was really beautiful..........
Was? Still is, if no ones knocked it off while I've been away

Thanks mate! That was quite a long time ago, great memory!!

dont fly her anywhere near as much as I should. Might have to as I sold my car a while ago and bought wifey a sports car that nearly fits a change of shoes in it, but is awesome fun to drive, and I get around in her old shopping trolley for now when I'm not on 2 wheels.... Ok ok normally 1 wheel, but you do come across the boys in blue occasionally!

thanks

dave

Last edited by ticketec; 02-10-2015 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

hey dave you back from espanol?

did you get the kero buring leaf blower?

I havent progressed the vampire much, I want to get the speedy up a little then rout the wiring around it. Fiddle fiddle.

Ripped one main gear out and broke a blade on the corsair on sunday, was groggy from all the codiene. Fixed the gear, epoxied that in. Then the one that had been playing up smoked. I had a new pair sent up under warranty so fitted one of those, all good.

Replaced that tile door servo as that failed.

then main gear door servo failed, replaced it with a little turnigy and that failed too, another went in and seems ok now. There is little stress on them so don't understand why they crap out. FMS/Turnigy junk.

Ron has some new blades coming up so should have them by Friday.

Hoping to go get slow thinners this Sat so I can start the painting on the 47.

Yes well it was about time your wifey got a new car, will go with all that Kitten and HB stuff!

Get a trailer to put on the back of the bike lol!

Or a cheap van, mitsubihi L300 go cheapish. Sell the shopping trolley and get the van mate, you know you want to!

cheers big ears!

me
Old 02-10-2015, 01:34 PM
ticketec

Originally Posted by Peter_OZ
hey dave you back from espanol?

did you get the kero buring leaf blower?

I havent progressed the vampire much, I want to get the speedy up a little then rout the wiring around it. Fiddle fiddle.

Yes well it was about time your wifey got a new car, will go with all that Kitten and HB stuff!

Get a trailer to put on the back of the bike lol!

Or a cheap van, mitsubihi L300 go cheapish. Sell the shopping trolley and get the van mate, you know you want to!

me
nah, got a few more days in the land of ouzo yet.

leaf blown securely tucked away in a suit case can't wait to get it home!

Was thinks ongoing a cheap Van again, but might go something different this time. Just have to recover from the holidays first $$$

here is a pic I snapped just before we left that shows my mustang is still alive!!

Thanks

dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	2072102  
Old 02-10-2015, 01:42 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

nice spot spain, I did a few weeks on Costa Brava, town caleld Blanes with a very yummy little russian bird I hooked up with back in 2000. good fun Da!

Yes I bet you are very keen to get it home and fitted to something. What is it going in? Another hawk? Go the Yak 130 mate!

Yeah I saw that little 51 sitting when I was over yours, patiently overlooking the drift track hehe

Well if you sell the old car that may finance the van. Auctions are great places to get them. Friend of my Mum wheels and deals in all sorts of vehicles, can get them to keep an eye out if you want.

Yeah understand the $$$ blues. Off to get a tooth pulled out under surgical procedue this afternoon then a camera down the throat on Friday. Will have to do a redraw to fund it all - ouch!!
Old 02-10-2015, 04:21 PM
Nordicz

Pete,

Some might say that is a poor use of your financial resources investing in one's self with so many other fun things to do. Wifey asked me if I wanted her to set me up with an appointment with the dentist last week. I asked "why" I feel good. She wasn't convinced it's been 6 yrs. Bah on that. Yet I am sorry to hear your ailing. Hope all goes well for ya.

Z
Old 02-10-2015, 04:40 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Well being on ones own I can selfishly indugle in anything that takes my fancy which is quite a good place to be.

Nice not to be nagged and no "honey does"

Mate if it has been 6 years go get a check up, I have been lasy and was about 6 years for me and ended up with very nasty hole in a molar that became abscessed and now has to come out.

In this case I agree with your cheese and kisses - oz101 = SWMBO = the wife!

thanks mate, should be ok and will be glad to get it out and get rid of the constant pain, popping isoprofen like lollies is not good long term.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:02 PM
Nordicz

Oz,

Agreed on all points. Being she is a nurse unfortunately doesn't come home dress like some of the ladies one might find on the good ol' interweb. It might do me some good to listen once in a while. I might have to debate which once it is and it may be a while. But an abscessed tooth is nothing to mess with plus those poppers can catch up with a person. Good on you and hoping the best there Pete. Get it taken care of.

Z

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.