Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 12:13 AM
BOLTMAN
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter_OZ
cool, mate you will have a stable of P47s!
And the problem is? I have a user name to live up to!
Old 05-18-2015, 12:14 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cowl front has been primed ready for the red to be sprayed on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	2096672  
Old 05-18-2015, 12:15 AM
BOLTMAN

Mine won't be ready for Bundy and if I don't get certified on the P51 I won't be going. You aren't a heavy model inspector are you?
Almost. My application has been approved by MAAQ and passed on to MAAA for their rubber stamp. I am not sure how long this will take, it was passed to MAAA a couple of days after the Nationals.

Check your PM's I will send you some more info re Bundy.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:38 AM
BOLTMAN

Originally Posted by BOLTMAN
Check your PM's I will send you some more info re Bundy.
PM sent but it did some weird stuff. Can you please let me know if / when you get it?
Old 05-18-2015, 04:31 AM
CRJDriver
My Feedback: (57)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rzingsheim
Hey Chris, Did the mounting pylons under the wings also come from Aerotech? I'm looking for a set. I've looked for Aerotech but can't seem to find their web site.
RoyZ
Roy, the pylons can be had from http://www.scalespecialties.com/Dumm...ls___Misc.html

Very nice stuff!
Old 05-18-2015, 01:04 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

And the problem is? I have a user name to live up to!
haha
yes mate and not of the nuts and bolts variety now.

Got the PMs, they did not show up though, had to go into the inbox then saw them sitting there.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:23 AM
BOLTMAN

haha
yes mate and not of the nuts and bolts variety now.
When I chose the username it was for my love of the Jug as well as selling nuts & bolts. When I was doing that I called myself the Bolt-olagist, but my mates reckon I was just a nutter
Old 05-19-2015, 03:36 AM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Boltman between you and Pete

I read in your post's some chuckles in good fun, so share please this old guy needs a good laugh,

Cheers Bob T
Old 05-19-2015, 01:05 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

glad somebody gets a laugh Bob, I post dribble on FB and all it does is fire up the lefties and the goat shagging crowd. funny about that though hehe

Went through my pile of bits of printed out paper and photos etc looking for the insignia and invasion stripes layout. Have now found all of that.

I was thinking of using the decals that came with the kit but they are very creased and peeling in some places so will just them as guides to take measurements off. I'll tape up and spray. I did that on my P51 wing when I detailed it about 10 years back.

Reminds me I need to adjust the retract air valve on the P51 as they are operating too fast at present. Sat morning job I think.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:09 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

If those pylons at scale specilaities are made from the old aerotech ones then they will fit very nicely. That is what I am using on mine.

I used one of there chin dividers as well but it is a bit too narrow in width side to side but can be adaptoed. I see they now have one to suit the TF version.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:03 AM
BOLTMAN

Hi Pete,

My MAAA Heavy Model Inspector approval arrived in the mail today so if you can't get your Stang done before Bundy I can do it for you there.

Although I might fail it because it's not a Thunderbolt!!!!!

Cheers
Old 05-20-2015, 04:12 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Pete,

My MAAA Heavy Model Inspector approval arrived in the mail today so if you can't get your Stang done before Bundy I can do it for you there.

Although I might fail it because it's not a Thunderbolt!!!!!

Cheers
Bwahahah just make sure the wheels are on tight... I aint gonna be there to run after them again

Pete, I can cut spray masks for your bars and stars on my vinyl cutter if you need them.... and yes,,, it will cost you the earth!!

Thanks

Dave

P.S. with any luck off to visit Ron tomorrow as my prezzies have arrived!!! hopefully he's wearing something red and it will be like Christmas in July, but early.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:39 AM
BOLTMAN

Originally Posted by ticketec
P.S. with any luck off to visit Ron tomorrow as my prezzies have arrived!!! hopefully he's wearing something red and it will be like Christmas in July, but early.
Do tell.............
Old 05-21-2015, 05:15 PM
ticketec

No Bite??? not even a little nibble?

Hey Mick,

He items them selves are not all that exciting other than JR's new airspeed sensor which I can't wait to try out, But they are just the last few items i needed to buy for my current build/assemble.

Thanks

dave

Views:	38
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	2097532   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2842.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	2097533  
Old 05-21-2015, 08:33 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

yeah yeah Dave I hear ya!! I'll make sure they are on tight. Was funny that time!

Heading to Gratton field sunday and also hoping to fly the Vampire. Hopefully the smoke does not escape this time! Mick if for some reason I don't get it done will take you up on that offer. Well I do own a P47 so that must count and it has paint on it now including camo.

Hawk looks nice though not sure about Royal camel goat sh @#$%^ airlines scheme, was going to say something else but fun police will nab me. I got banned on FB the other day for ripping into that crowd and all the lefty loons who support them but oh so worth it

Sounds like a plan on the stars & bars spray masks. I have the original decals so can use them for sizing. Do you want me to post those to you? I'm sure we can come to a good price hahaha

cheers
me
Old 05-22-2015, 11:18 AM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

Hey Pete that P-47 is going to be a masterpiece keep at it buddy
Old 05-22-2015, 08:39 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Hello Richard. Where the hell have you been hiding? Long time no dribble :-)

cowl is is now painted too.

Views:	55
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	2097761   Click image for larger version

Views:	69
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	2097762  
Old 05-23-2015, 03:54 AM
ticketec

yeah yeah Dave I hear ya!! I'll make sure they are on tight. Was funny that time!

Heading to Gratton field sunday and also hoping to fly the Vampire. Hopefully the smoke does not escape this time! Mick if for some reason I don't get it done will take you up on that offer. Well I do own a P47 so that must count and it has paint on it now including camo.

Hawk looks nice though not sure about Royal camel goat sh @#$%^ airlines scheme, was going to say something else but fun police will nab me. I got banned on FB the other day for ripping into that crowd and all the lefty loons who support them but oh so worth it

Sounds like a plan on the stars & bars spray masks. I have the original decals so can use them for sizing. Do you want me to post those to you? I'm sure we can come to a good price hahaha

cheers
me
Neither shaneo or I a built in any why shape or form for the 100m sprint... I'm pretty damn sure it was a good sight for the rest of the pits see us try and high tail it after the wheel!!!

Hope that ESC does the trick for you. It should be a real nice flyer once you get it all sorted out.

Yeah I didn't pick the colour scheme on the Hawk, bought her second hand and they are rare as to come across so had to go with what was available. It will more than likely get a repaint in a few seasons time to something more home like.

Re: bars and stars. I should be able to have them drawn up without the originals. Then what we can do is come over one day with them in your hand and I can do the final sizing then and there before I cut them out. Only takes a jiffer once the artwork is finished.

The cowl looks great!!!

Thanks

Dave
Old 05-23-2015, 02:45 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

jiffer now that got a good giggle

cheers Bob T
Old 05-24-2015, 02:02 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

yeah was amusing watching the pair of you lope off in a most ungraceful manner. I have some photos of it I think.

ok will let you know about spray masks, probably easier to just post you the decals then you can do them in one go.

Mustang got recertified today, bad cross wind but got away with it. Take offs were lovely, landings were rubbish but I got a pass, only just.

Flew the socks off the FMS corsair and pranged the Vampire as the CG was badly out, dunno how I stuffed that up but I did, it was like a sock in washing machine. Got it down in one pice but ripped one main gear out and damaged the nose gear. All fixable. mutter mutter.

About 10 flights all up mainly on corsair.

We were all still out there at 3.30!

cheers
me
Old 05-25-2015, 09:50 PM
BOLTMAN

Hi Pete,

Got your text re the Stang, good stuff.

I've had a busy last week helping organise The Old Station Fly In & Airshow. Despite heaps of hassles from CASA it turned out to be a great event. About 130 aircraft flew in & for the airshow we had Matt Hall & Paul Bennett doing aeros and 3 x Trojans, an Avenger, Yak 52, Birddog, T-34 Mentor & DH Dove.

hope to maiden the Robart Jug this Thursday.

Mick
Old 05-26-2015, 12:27 AM
G T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Mick
good luck with the maiden this week, "hope all goes well" .. I like your colour scheme you have put the jug into.
i will get around to pulling my Robart 47 out of store and putting it together one day,, but too much other stuff on the go at the moment..
Old 05-26-2015, 08:24 AM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

Was listening to AC/DC too much .. presently looking a a possible SkyShark FW-190 D-9 build or an Me-109,as they are advertising again in the latest Model Aviation issue-. I have been flying the Flyzone Aircore WWII fighters out of the lot in front where I live,they are lots of fun and imagine that me flying small electrics,they are good for keeping me honest as in stick and rudder. Take good care my friend

Last edited by ramcfarland; 05-26-2015 at 08:28 AM. Reason: errors
Old 05-26-2015, 02:00 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Hi Pete,

Got your text re the Stang, good stuff.

I've had a busy last week helping organise The Old Station Fly In & Airshow. Despite heaps of hassles from CASA it turned out to be a great event. About 130 aircraft flew in & for the airshow we had Matt Hall & Paul Bennett doing aeros and 3 x Trojans, an Avenger, Yak 52, Birddog, T-34 Mentor & DH Dove.

hope to maiden the Robart Jug this Thursday.

Mick

that sounds like it was fun mate. Hope that maiden goes well.

when is Bundy again?
Old 05-26-2015, 02:29 PM
BOLTMAN

Bundy Warbirds June 6,7 &8. So not this weekend but the one after.

Talking to Patsy it sounds like they are expecting a good roll up.

I will report back on the Robart Jug maiden. If that goes well I will have it at Bundy too.

Mick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.