Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom,
some serious dollars invested in that little fleet. Do you still have them all?

Great looking field!! Thought ours was pretty good but nothing like that. Personally I hate flying off a sealed strip, much prefer grass. Maaaannn!

cheers
P

Bob you behave yourself and get some good Hungarian red plonkl for that inner ear thingy, maybe we will spin you the opposite way to wind the rubber band up again.

any natural remidies you can take for it?
Old 12-10-2015, 01:11 PM
Tseres

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still have the Dalton and the Red White and Blue PAU Extra. The Dalton is for sale and has been spoken for but I have not seen any money yet. He is a friend and arrangements have been made for the beginning of February.

The PAU Extra is a prototype. It flies IMAC exceptionally well. It is my current IMAC plane.

Trying to cut the fleet back. Can't keep them all running in tip top shape so I have to choose. Got rid of a few but I'm also building the Camel and will ad the new 35cc that looks Identical to my IMAC plane only smaller and easier to take to the field.

I'm not cutting back my war birds. as a matter of fact I want to spend more time flying them next Summer. Maybe even take in a scale event or two.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:35 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Peter_OZ
Right update on P47 progress, hopefully with no interferrence this time.

Many thanks to OldDC for posting photos while the fun police grew a little mo and donned a white coat . . .
Bob, Tom et al thanks to you guys for your continued friendship and support.

The control rods for the elevators are quite stiff, anyone else find that? I am going to dribble some engine oil down the tubes to reduce friction.

cheers
me
Hi Pete I had the same problem on the rod's and found some dry door lock powder ( don't have the little tube it came in so can' give you a name ) but got it from the auto parts store it worked the best . I had to pull the rods to get the oil off, but turned out to be the best thing for me. when you rubbed it with your fingers it felt like silicon flake but much finer.

Cheers Bob T
Old 12-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Originally Posted by rt3232
Ok Both of you guys the Pic's are great, it's just my way of keeping you honest

Cheers Bob T

In my case I need that hahaha
Old 12-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Hi Pete I had the same problem on the rod's and found some dry door lock powder ( don't have the little tube it came in so can' give you a name ) but got it from the auto parts store it worked the best . I had to pull the rods to get the oil off, but turned out to be the best thing for me. when you rubbed it with your fingers it felt like silicon flake but much finer.

Cheers Bob T

ahhhhh should have thought of that, graphite powder! Great stuff but makes an awful mess. I put WD-40 down the tubes, helped marginally so will flush them out with metho then try the powder.

will pull the rods and stand it on it's nose tonight to help the WD-40 drain out. I gave it a bloody good spray!
Old 12-10-2015, 01:58 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

ahhhhh should have thought of that, graphite powder! Great stuff but makes an awful mess. I put WD-40 down the tubes, helped marginally so will flush them out with metho then try the powder.

will pull the rods and stand it on it's nose tonight to help the WD-40 drain out. I gave it a bloody good spray!

I need an excuse to go to Bunnings! (big hardware chain store, bit like your "Home Deeee poohhhhh") hehehe
Old 12-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Originally Posted by Tseres
I still have the Dalton and the Red White and Blue PAU Extra. The Dalton is for sale and has been spoken for but I have not seen any money yet. He is a friend and arrangements have been made for the beginning of February.

The PAU Extra is a prototype. It flies IMAC exceptionally well. It is my current IMAC plane.

Trying to cut the fleet back. Can't keep them all running in tip top shape so I have to choose. Got rid of a few but I'm also building the Camel and will ad the new 35cc that looks Identical to my IMAC plane only smaller and easier to take to the field.

I'm not cutting back my war birds. as a matter of fact I want to spend more time flying them next Summer. Maybe even take in a scale event or two.
It is bloody hard keeping them all servicable. I only have 4 now that are flyable.

storage of them all too is an issue, even though I have a big shed down the backyard I still don't have room enough. Trailer holds 2 at present and when I put the extra deck in it the P47 will also be housed in it.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:28 AM
BOLTMAN

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Pete, great to see you back on here. Been watching your progtess on facebook, she is looking good.
I have used graphite powder on metal rods in nylon outer tubes before and it works a treat. Did this on a small Arf sports model 9 years ago and the rods are still moving fine. If possible take the rods out and rub the powder over the whole length. Also make sure the rods don't have any slight bends that don't match the path of the outer tubes. Have you tried rotating the rods 180 degrees to see if they are any easier to move?
Mick
Old 12-11-2015, 03:24 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Trip to bunnings for graphite powder completed. Another coffee then I will head down to the shed.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	321
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	2135403  
Old 12-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Working away on the linkages.

Views:	308
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	2135453   Click image for larger version

Views:	330
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	2135454  
Old 12-11-2015, 07:37 PM
rt3232

Originally Posted by Peter_OZ
Trip to bunnings for graphite powder completed. Another coffee then I will head down to the shed.
Pete What I used was not the graphite, but that should work I just did not like the mess and what I used was a white or all most white that felt like silicon, will be at the hardware store tomorrow and will check to see if I can find it.
Also I think it was a dielectric material

Cheers Bob T
Old 12-11-2015, 07:51 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Pete What I used was not the graphite, but that should work I just did not like the mess and what I used was a white or all most white that felt like silicon, will be at the hardware store tomorrow and will check to see if I can find it.
Also I think it was a dielectric material

Cheers Bob T
Ok anyway I will try it see how it goes. Mick said he also used graphite but yes it is messy ****.

I dribbled led metho down fiz when flushing the tubes and it has stained it cloudy. Used some cutting compound and got most of it out but might need a bit of Matt clear over it in that area.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:32 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Nav and landing light.

Views:	328
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	2135487   Click image for larger version

Views:	300
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	2135488   Click image for larger version

Views:	298
Size:	441.0 KB
ID:	2135489  
Old 12-12-2015, 01:34 PM
rt3232

yea I like it

Cheers Bob T
Old 12-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Thought you might Bob :-)
here are a few videos for you to enjoy. If I can find the retract valve I might even have those working today.

https://youtu.be/4EhurnOXEc8 https://youtu.be/pcYIyQc9Y4Y https://youtu.be/eAEaf-dDPV8 https://youtu.be/MDEgSwNXDOg

Last edited by Peter_OZ; 12-12-2015 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:31 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Views:	317
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	2135581   Click image for larger version

Views:	294
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	2135582   Click image for larger version

Views:	296
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	2135583   Click image for larger version

Views:	293
ID:	2135584  
Old 12-13-2015, 01:03 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Seems with the UP2/3 air valves you need individual air lines for each cylinder back to the valve as opposed to have up lines / down lines in parallel.

Can still make it work by blocking off ports on the valve but do not get as smooth a control over the functions. Soething for me to remember next time as I am not putting extra airlines in, even assuming I could get them installed.

At present I have the mains and doors working though as the wheels are heavy it struggles to lock them in up postions, hence I have to have the speed dialled right up to force them up.

Bit of a compromise.

Need a new compressor to pump up retracts as the one I take to the field has died big time. Only seem to get about 12 - 18 months out of them. Ended up using my big dual cylinder compressor.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:17 PM
rt3232

Pete what air psi are you using ? I start with 115 and with a flow restrictor just in the up line I get only 3 full operations, so I refill just before each flight

Cheers Bob T & the fun police are lurking
Old 12-13-2015, 03:03 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

been running some numbers on torque requirements for the servos.

Seems I'm mid range for most though the HS-645 get to about 2/3. Still ok.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:30 PM
OldDC

Hi to all original members of this thread, it's a great pity our honoured leader and friend has been "Banned". I don't understand why?

Anyway here are some more pics of his excellent machine, enjoy, especially you Bob :-)
https://youtu.be/N0cifij7Zzg

Name:	IMG_3802.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	2135945   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3803.JPG
Views:	293
ID:	2135946   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3806.JPG
Views:	285
ID:	2135947   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3808.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	2135948   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3809.JPG
Views:	271
ID:	2135949   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3810.JPG
Views:	285
ID:	2135950  
Old 12-15-2015, 07:44 PM
OldDC

Oh and check out the utube link as well.

In his words:-

Got retracts working though they are quite fast. The oleo strutswith the doors, and heavy wheels combined are quite heavy and the robart 622retract units struggle at a scale retract speed. I can get them almost upbut they hang about an inch down and won’t go up that final bit. So havecompromised for sake of reliability.

All the wing works are completed except setting up the bellypylon. It will be functional but I dougbt I will use it as the drop tankwould be very close to the ground. Still it has a separate servo lead atrear of the wing that can be easily put onto a spare channel if I feel likeusing it.
The dummy ordnance still has to have the attachment points fitted.

Will be starting on the fuz fitout next and by end of next week Ishould be at weight & CG checks stage. I’m hoping for engine runssoon thereafter. Test flights will be at Gratton field when they havetheir next event, might be late Jan?
Old 12-16-2015, 07:51 AM
rt3232

Hi oldDC

Yeah it is typical RCU B....T And if were not for another thread I would most likely be gone also.

Cheers Bob T
Old 12-16-2015, 11:50 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by OldDC
Hi to all original members of this thread, it's a great pity our honoured leader and friend has been "Banned". I don't understand why?
Normally I don't post such information in an open thread, but since the question was asked in the open thread here I will answer it. Awhile ago Peter was placed on Moderated Status (MS) because of ongoing issues in this thread. There were other issues in the thread from another member so I released Peter from MS and asked him to please ignore the other member and not get into anything with the other members. Unfortunately immediately after being released from MS he started posting derogatory comments about the other member. When those comments were removed by my Moderator Peter was going back in and re-editing his posts to place those comments back. I gave Peter many warnings to please stop this behavior and told him that if he did not stop doing this he would be banned from RCU. Unfortunately he choose to continue to act in his own manner and ignore my directions. To be totally honest I would have preferred that he had listened to me and stayed here on RCU because he did have a lot to offer our members here in this thread and else where with his knowledge, however that knowledge does not exempt him from having to follow the RCU Community Rules. Unfortunately this had nothing to do with us. I gave Peter many chances to correct his behavior and he refused to do so, so this one is on him. I asked him, and then begged him to simply move on and quit the off topic nonsense and get the thread on track but that's not what he wanted to do.

Yeah it is typical RCU B....T And if were not for another thread I would most likely be gone also.
As I stated above, this is not RCU's problem. Had Peter simply stopped with the off topic comments and gotten the thread back on topic as we asked him to do he would still be here and we would be here discussing this matter. It's just that simple. I don't make a habit of banning people because I enjoy it. In fact, I rather hate to ban a member and I try to do everything I can to avoid doing when I can. That is why I gave Peter as many warnings as I did. However, he made his choice of actions and left me with no other options so that's why we are here now. Trust me, I would rather have had Peter stayed here on RCU and participating in this thread, but in order to do so he needed to follow the rules of RCU, and he choose not to.

Ken

Ken
Old 12-16-2015, 01:05 PM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

OldDC

Got the pic's from Pete and you are right his weathering look fantastic. hope these him back on this thread to finish it.

Cheers Bob T
Yes I hope so too Bob
Old 12-16-2015, 05:58 PM
rt3232

Hi Richard

Been a long time, But from what I read in RC Ken's post above I don't think so, it just the way RCU is to bad it's not like it was back when we joined. I do surf it just to see what going on but don't post much, I still watch the old Corsair Thread.

cheers bob T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.