Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Rcplanet.com????

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 06:34 AM
fw190
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rcplanet.com????

I don't know what's up but its been more down with RCPLANET.COM along with my website www.vic.rcplanet.com. AND a few others that I frequent...

Anyone know more info?

Well I have moved my site to a new home, cost a bit more for rent but I hope it will be for the better.... www.vicrc.com

Vic
Old 08-15-2002, 10:54 AM
maddog-RCU
My Feedback: (23)

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default rcplanet

Vic,

I have my personal website based there also and found out it had been down since Sunday. I e-mailed Michael Kranitz about the problem and this is what he said:

"Hi Mike,
Although we are the "best" people to contact, we are not entirely sure what is happening. Network Solutions has had trouble resolving the DNS of all rcplanet sites and we are in contact with them.
In the near future, we will be moving all RCPlanet sites (that we purchased several months ago in an acquisition) to a dedicated server that we own instead of a public domain server. Hang in there as we try to hunt this thing down.

Michael"

So that is the extent of it, who knows when they will be back up again.

http://maddog-aviation.rcplanet.com off the web till further notice.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:41 PM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Default Rcplanet.com????

Vic,

I had problems with Network Solutions some time back and had my site down for almost a year after my move...then i lost the url and had to buy it back....not for much but it was still a pain.

I now have smart web and have had good luck and good service. www.smart-web-hosting.com
Old 08-15-2002, 09:48 PM
seafury_fb11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rcplanet.com????

Hey Vic,
I have pretty much given up on them. I liked their webmail client and used it as my main email ([email protected]). A few weeks ago it was down for 4 days, then it came back up. But it went down again last Friday and still hasn't come back up yet. Whatever!!! I'm done with those guys.

Russ.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:34 AM
fw190
My Feedback: (37)

Default Rcplanet.com

Russ, thanks for helping me with my kitchen tile job, looks great! also I sign up for Ipowerweb.com as my new host, like you did and it has worked out pretty good. I may even stop using my very restrictive hotmail account and use my new sites emails.

I believe its $6 per month with 200MB of space, this is plenty for me anyways....

Vic
Old 08-16-2002, 10:05 PM
simo_aus

Default Rcplanet.com????

I've given up on my rcplanet site, got sick of all the down time and such. I now manage my own site, no templates, no crashing, easy! I build it in front page.
link is in signature.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:44 PM
Sky Viper

Default Another host? Cheap!

If any of you are looking for a great place to host a site, please check out http://www.powweb.com
The have given me great service and support for 2 years now.

Tell them I sent you. [email protected]

Tom
http://www.no54squad.com