Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Cheveron (Prefect) Paint # 40-11....Help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Cheveron (Prefect) Paint # 40-11....Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 09:32 AM
Jimmy Bananas
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheveron (Prefect) Paint # 40-11....Help

Looking for one can of spray or brush # 40-11, Dk. Green, so I can finish up my project...I'll take what ever you can spare..Dosen't matter if it's half used or not, I will buy it...Need to finish up a cowl and some touch up on the wing..

Have found 2 cans of this paint in the past month, but can't use either one...there is a problem..They have been mis-labeled.. The original label has an another label on it (Paint Label)..The original label should read like this:

CHE 40-11
Dk. Green & Extra Dk. Sea Green (RAF, RCAF )
Dark Green-( Germany)
FS#34079

The re-label one reads like this:

CHE 40-11
Dk. Green & Extra Dk. green
FS# 34079

These two colors DO NOT match...There is a differnce..If you have a can that is re-labeled,peel back the label and I bet it reads:

Dk. Sea Green 56-11
RAF, RCAF
FS# 36270

Believe Cheveron re-labeled it ,just to get rid of it..I think that is BS..no wonder they aren't going to make it anymore...Who would buy paint that is mis-labeled...

Again, will take anything you have left of the original label can,brush or spray...Believe me,this is the last time I use prefect paint..Shore would appreciate it..

Help this dirty ole man out and put a smile back on my face...thanx
Old 11-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Check6
My Feedback: (427)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Cheveron (Prefect) Paint # 40-11....Help

Hi Jimmy,
I think I have your paint. The can 's top is in bad shape and there is a skin over it. The paint underneath is very thick and would probably be OK with some thinning. I have about a 1/3 can and also have a qt. of thinner. It's yours for the price of postage. oh, forget the postage glad to help out a fellow warbird pilot.
Send me your address and I'll get it out to you.
Fred Menna Check6
Old 11-21-2004, 02:18 PM
Jimmy Bananas
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fred:

Sent you an e-mail with the information required..thanx again
Old 11-21-2004, 03:19 PM
smurfjet
My Feedback: (40)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Jimmy,

I'll take a look when I get home. I know I have one of the mis-marked cans and may have one of the older cans also. I did the run-around last year looking for the dark green also. I spoke to a "gentleman" <------using that term very loosely, from Sheldon's hobbies who actually hung up on me three times. He was the rudest person I have ever spoken to on the phone. I sent a letter to their management about this and never heard back. I will never buy anything from them again. I'll be happy to pay more and buy elsewhere. Anyway, I found some green in Atlanta. When it arrived, the can was mismarked but the paint in my can was actually the correct 40-11 color. If Fred doesn't have enough of what you are looking for, let me know and I'll see what I can come up with. I'd be happy to send some to you provided you just send the unused paint back. I have a Fiberclassics and a buddies yellow spit that will be in need of some of this paint.

Take care,

Dave Szabo
Minneapolis
Old 11-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Check6
My Feedback: (427)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Jim,
Shoot me an email with your address. [email protected].
Later,
Fred