Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Big ME-109G

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 12:31 PM
lownloud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Big ME-109G

ok, now I see Nony lifted that picture from the Skyshark website. It's a damn nice bird. Too bad I work so much and that kit is stick built.

If you guys ever ARF that bird or any of your others (other than the CE Bipe), I will buy an army of them.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:55 PM
SCALECRAFT
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nony

The static blade plug takes around 2hrs to make and prepare for silicone RTV molding. Once mold is made. The carbon blades take about three days. Time intense so to insure all blades are equal in every way.

steve
Old 12-12-2004, 10:25 PM
harryg

Hi guys,

maybe the attached link to a german web-site with all kinds of me-109 scale documentation will help. Klick on the bf-109 links and find more pictures and version details than most of our models will be able to reflect. Once on the bf-109 page klick on "Merkmale" and look at a page that provides identifying details of each version of the bf-109. My personal opinion is that the product is well researched and there are no apparent deviations. I like the compact size.

Good job designing a great model airplane. Keep up the good work[sm=thumbup.gif]

http://www.scaleaero.com/docpath.htm

Regards,
Harry G
Old 12-12-2004, 10:55 PM
bullet65

it still looks very scale to me and i will be getting one this spring.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:29 PM
Flak
My Feedback: (1)

Cool,
I'm glad to see more 109's as my P-51's are looking for fresh meat!!! I'm glad to see a manufacturer providing more variety and competition. I rather like the 109's and 190's. I would like to see Skyshark and Top Flite come out with some nice full body pilots and cockpits for the 60 size Warbirds they produce. Elite Forces has nothing that small.

Now for the model in the photo...I believe the emphasis and idea is to focus the attention of the viewer to the foreground, (ME109) and not the background (14-16 year old frauline). No one even mentioned the Christmas tree...LOL.

"Keep 'Em Flying!"
Flak
Old 12-13-2004, 07:15 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

(14-16 year old frauline).
I don't know what the kids look like at your High School but that WOMAN is not 14-16! Do they graduate at 25 years old where you are from? [:-]

Dion

I would like Skyshark to post another add picture for the "Fantasy" that has the 14 year old in it with the bikini! Make it big enough so I can use it for my wallpaper!
Old 12-13-2004, 03:43 PM
super67

Hey Dion, I have visited the thread where you posted some great stuff on the TF .60 P-51. I followed a lot of your suggestion and it turned out great. I was wondering what your P-51 came in at weight wise? I used Century Jet retracts also. and have the inner doors all squared away and then glassed it as well. A Saito 100 will power the beast but I wanted your input on the weight.

I will gladly take your suggestions.

Darin
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96822.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	202492   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49948.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	202493   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44098.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	202494  
Old 12-13-2004, 08:29 PM
Kirk RC
My Feedback: (4)

Al, Assuming that was a sincere requeat would be glad to show you. I had a few posted in the Pic section a year back they may still be there. Let me get the scanner online . In the hanger currently/flying are TF Spit,51B&D,47,40 and AT6 all 1/7th, a Pica FW-190 and a GP sales P-38. Just about to finish a TF 1/5 47, discussed in the thread by PeterOz. Kinda tired of the smaller stuff (except the 38 that is 88" ws) so I bought a ZDZ 80 to first go in the 47 and then the plan is to go for a Ziroli P-40. Havent bought the Ziroli yet, I built the TF 40 twice and its kinda a dog so not yet jumped off the big P-40 cliff yet. If you have any experience with the Ziroli P-40 I would appreciate any info.
Cheers,
Kirk
Old 12-13-2004, 08:36 PM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

here's my PCM 109 for comparison
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11474.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	202589   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85866.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	202590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vb74210.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	202591  
Old 12-14-2004, 01:02 PM
fly109

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw this thread and just thought I would offer my two cents. I really am not taking sides but rather have some information that I think is being missed. Unless I am mistaken, the term "scale" cannot be defined without guidelines and the only guidelines available these days are those that we use in scale competition be they for better or for worse. Otherwise when any of us look at a model and say "It looks pretty scale" or "that is dead on scale" is a little like saying the Mona Lisa is the best painting on earth. How can you qualify that statement?

Knowing the rules for scale competition pretty well, I know how scale is determined within those guidelines. When a model is presented before a judge, it is not there alone. In fact during a normal judging session, the judges are spending as much time looking at the information we provide, as they are the models. They need to have something to go by in order to find actual fault. Even still they are as prone to making mistakes as are we modelers ourselves. This is because determining scale is not a science but rather a subjective task where hundreds of aspects of a model are casually glanced at within a period of about fifteen minutes. When it comes to outline, judges must be able to view the model at very distinct angles. Often times they will need clarification or repositioning of the model which is just feet from their noses in order to ascertain the actual shape they are looking at. And there are at least three judges who can double-check each other when there is a suspect area.

I guess what I am saying is that too often, we modelers can look at a model and find something that may not look quite right to us but unless we delve into the actual documentation that was used to produce that model, there is as good a chance that we are wrong as there is that the model is wrong. I would give the little 109 the benefit of the doubt in outline at first glance. I would bet that if someone wanted to build it to a scale level that it could be done with little or no modification by the modeler. But it would all depend on the documentation that the modeler uses. Remember, when we compete we bring our own documentation and it is considered to be exact and the model must follow. Even if the documentation has flaws a perfectly scale model can be produced from it. Who is willing to point to the perfect three view? Or the most accurate color Plate? Or the best color chips? This is where the argument, if any, truly lye.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:18 PM
Wulfman
My Feedback: (5)

I love the ad! It is very original, clever, and amusing.

I also like the model! Enough so that I bought two of them! Keep up the excellent work, Sykshark.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:49 PM
tlovett
My Feedback: (9)

Amen to what Pat said about scale outline! Unless you see the 3-views used to develop the model, you cannot say one way or another whether the model is off. One of my friends and I have models of the same plane, a PT-19, and they look very different. When you look at the 3-views each of the models was built by, you see that both fit the documentation they were designed around. They are both correct! That is one of the benefits of scale, your plane is judged against the documentation presented.

I have collected a library of documentation on the 109 and looking at probably no less than 15 different 3-views on the same 109G, I can see differences in all of them! I like the Skyshark models, just wish they were bigger! I like planes in the 80" range. (hint, hint)

Just my .02.

Tim Lovett
Fort Worth, that's in Texas Ya'll
Old 12-14-2004, 07:23 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree with Pat when it comes to static judging a model. Unless you can see the designers three views you have no idea how accurate the airplane is to the drawings. However, we are not talking about static judging here, we are talking about an individuals visible assesment based on what he knows about the airplane. I can tell you that, after 20+ years of being an airplane freak, when a scale model of one of my favorite full size birds is put in front of me I intuitively know if it looks "right" or not. It may match the three views perfectly but still have something that is either glaringly wrong or just a subtle something that is not quite right. As the '109 is not on that list of my favorites I offer no comment on the accuracy of the Skyshark kit beyond saying that it looks like a '109 to me!

As an FYI, I think the "14-16 year old Frauline" may very well be the wife of Skyshark owner Mike Grey. As he is a frequent contributor here you may want to keep that in mind when composing your responses. Regards, Chad Veich.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Yak18
My Feedback: (11)

Great Job on the 109 Skyshark! It looks to be 99.9 percent scale (nothing's perfect). Oh by the way, to you critics out there: I am an expert!

Don't worry Skyshark, I have a 30% airplane with a 30% pilot figure in it and someone (with no plane at the field) told me my pilot was too small. LOL

Yak
Old 12-15-2004, 01:06 AM
B757Captain

Thanks guys for the support!

What got my goat wasn't that there is or isn't something wrong with the scale outlines, it was that someone (Nony) decided, without offering a reason, to slam the scale outlines of the plane and offer derogatory remarks toward the manufacturer and designer. That's uncalled for.

I am now off my soapbox.

all of you are absolutely correct about the accuracies (and inaccuracies) of three-views. The CAD program will very quickly show just how far off even the best three-views are. I always try to back up my measurements with a trip to an aviation museum. I have been able to (after hours) take measurements and in some cases climb all over, under, and through the real thing before finalizing a design. It really helps!

Yak, I've got an even better anecdote - one day a guy called me wanting to buy my T-6 kit. At first I thought he had me mistaken for another manufacturer, as I have never even considered modeling a T-6. No, he says, I'm looking right at your ad and "your" T-6. Puzzled, I ask what magazine and issue he's looking at. I promptly pull out my copy and ask him to identify the airplane he's talking about. He does, to which my response is 'sir, you're looking at a picture of my Dauntless kit. It's not a T-6; the ad even says SBD Dauntless right next to the picture'. Well, he says, I know my airplanes - that's a T-6!!! I tried to explain to him that I was in fact the designer of the airplane in question, and that I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the end product was indeed a Dauntless! No joy - by God, that's a T-6 or I'm a monkey's uncle! After wasting way to much of my time arguing with him, I finally said 'sir, I have one of those T-6 kits in stock, how would you like to pay for it and how do you want it shipped? He got it (every reference in the kit to the plane still said SBD Dauntless, by the way - I pulled one right off the shelf) and I never heard another complaint!

Mark
Old 12-15-2004, 02:28 PM
grumpE
My Feedback: (6)

The customer is always right......

Great work on the entire line. Been drooling over several skyshark kits for a while. Just waiting for the "push" to get one and get it done.

Good luck and thanks for all the work!

Eric
Old 12-15-2004, 09:36 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Chad Veich

As an FYI, I think the "14-16 year old Frauline" may very well be the wife of Skyshark owner Mike Grey. As he is a frequent contributor here you may want to keep that in mind when composing your responses. Regards, Chad Veich.

I know this, Flak called her a 14 year old as a way to slam me and the others that find the woman in the add attractive and obviously no matter who’s wife it is she is put in the adds so that if the plane don't get your attention she will, and it works! I don't see anything offensive about this in the least. Don't want us looking don't post her picture all over!

Dion
Old 12-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Luke, I wasn't accusing anyone of going over the line. Just offering the information for those who may not have been aware.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:39 AM
Bruno Stachel

I bet she's enjoying all the attention. And the ad must be a success. It has us talking about it. I think she's the same "frau" holding the Fantasy in the Kit Building forum.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:59 AM
skysharkgirl

Don’t worry guys, I don’t offend easily! If I didn’t want people talking, I wouldn’t have put my picture in the ad! Since it worked so well for Fantasy sales, we thought we would have a little fun with the 109G. I wanted to hold a beer in the ad but Mike said that it would be too far over the edge!

Angie
Old 12-16-2004, 11:28 AM
FW190 Dave

So what do you think. Is the 109G accurate and true to scale in your opinion? It is hard to tell with you in the Back ground...
Old 12-16-2004, 11:31 AM
jbdismukes
My Feedback: (2)

"too far over the edge."

That would only depend upon which brand of good Deutcher brau you were holding!
Old 12-16-2004, 11:40 AM
IronCross

Angie
I hope we can look forward to seeing more of you.... :-]
I have to admit if it wasn't for that eyecatching ad I never would have checked out the Skyshark site... Now I am about to purchase my first kit in years.... The 109.. Now we need a SkyShark T shirt with you in the logo.....
Thanks
Roger
Old 12-16-2004, 12:18 PM
Bruno Stachel

ORIGINAL: IronCross

Angie
I hope we can look forward to seeing more of you.... :-]
Yes, there appears to be ten other planes you haven't posed with yet. Plenty of subjects for a calendar!
Old 12-16-2004, 03:39 PM
Wizard61
My Feedback: (7)

I just ordered my 109G from Skyshark last night, and it was only because of the Frau. I like good marketing.

James

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.