Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Cowl for Kyosho Corsair

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Cowl for Kyosho Corsair

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 08:19 AM
cstevenpeterson
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cowl for Kyosho Corsair

Hi Folks,

I am in need of a cowl that would fit a Kyosho Corsair. I made a similar post back in June and to date I have been unsuccessful in finding one as I have concentrated on other projects.

Basically, I am looking for either a corsair cowl of the same size or any other type cowl that would fit and look somewhat near correct although it does not need to be scale. It measures approx. 6 7/8" ID at the rear, tapers to 6" ID at the nose and has a length of about 5 1/4". The opening at the nose is 4 1/2" in dia. I am wondering if the GP kit cowl might fit - anyone have dimensions on this one? The T/F 60 cowl is close but a bit larger than I would like. I would even consider buying a crashed plane from someone for parts as long as it still has a good cowl attached. Any help on this is appreciated.

Steve
Old 12-16-2004, 11:09 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Default RE: Cowl for Kyosho Corsair

towerhobbies have them
but kysho = mega ripoff will make u pay like 35-40 for it[>:]
Old 12-16-2004, 11:16 AM
cstevenpeterson

Alkaline,

Tower can no longer get them. I had one on back order and they cancelled it. At this point, I would pay the $40 if it were only available.[&o]

Steve
Old 12-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Alkaline

towerhobbies have them
Tower no longer sells them as of last year. My buddy had one on back order since 2002, but the cowl never came.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:39 PM
Timoteo
My Feedback: (3)

I obtained some spare parts for my Kyosho Agwagon, that weren't available in the U.S., from http://www.alansmodels.com/main/index.shtml. You might E-Mail him and see if he can help you out. Good luck!
Old 12-17-2004, 01:43 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

speaking of kysho, anyone notice the price on the corsair dropping steadily @ tower?
it was 299, then 279 last week, and now 249!
If it gets to 229 I'll pick one up [8D]
Old 12-17-2004, 07:24 AM
cstevenpeterson

Thanks for the info - I will try alans models. If the price drops any more I'll just buy a whole new plane for parts. I have some inquiries going with Stan's, Fiberglass Specialties and GP. If the GP kit or ARF cowls fit, I'll go with one of those. Tower still has some of the cowls left over from their (GP) old ARF Corsair. I will let you all know what I come up with so you can get a replacement for your own if needed.

Steve
Old 12-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Shihtzutan

I would try making one. A round cowl is easy to make and a top flight P-47 dummy radial fits better and looks better than Koysho's, but you should be able to repair the Koysho cowl. You can laminate some relatively thin balsa from the inside to give the cowl some stiffness and restore the roundness, then refinish the skin with some microbaloons and epoxy. Take your time with it and you'll be amazed on how good it looks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv65898.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	206243  
Old 12-25-2004, 11:10 PM
beaverlakeflyer

Hello, If anyone has a good, uncut original I will make a mold of it so the cowl can be available again. If so please send an email to me at [email protected]. Thanks.

Craig Schmidt
Fiberglass Specialties
www.fiberglassspecialtiesinc.com
479-359-2429
Old 12-28-2004, 09:29 AM
cstevenpeterson

Hi Craig,

I contacted your company regarding this cowl outside of RCU and I appreciated your extensive effort to find a fit for me. Now I see your reply to my post here and I am quite grateful that you would consider doing this. I am not in a great hurry to build the plane as I have others in the queue, however, I am very interested to see if you get any positive replies to your offer. As time goes by, I may very well purchase another Corsair for myself and at that point I will send you the cowl for your mold. Thanks.

Regards,

Steve