Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

pneumatic tank positioning / line connections ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

pneumatic tank positioning / line connections ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 06:13 AM
heliraptor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pneumatic tank positioning / line connections ?

Hi

It will soon be my first time fitting up a pneumatic retract system. I have been thinking of the best place to position the tank to reduce the amount of connections etc when fitting the wing.

The obvious choices are:-

1. In the fuse

2. In the Belly pan on the wing (P47)

If I mount it in the wing then it may be easier to mount the retract servo and valve on the wing too, this will mean only having the servo connection, and the lines to the tail retract to connect.
(Also have pneumatic gear doors)

If I mount it in the fuse then I will have all the lines to the main retracts, plus gear doors to connect.

I take it there are quick release connectors available, if so could you recommend some decent ones, also a method of tidying your lines up.

Any thoughts guys, like I said first time so I could really use your experience on this one.

Pictures of your installations would be great also.

Cheers

Lee
Old 01-04-2005, 07:21 AM
BigRetracts
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: pneumatic tank positioning / line connections ?

Most of the items you will need to hook up your air system can be found
at this company.

http://sierragiant.com/prod02.html

They can help you out with everything you need.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:45 AM
heliraptor

Hi

Thanks very much for that, funnily enough I have looked at that site before and completely forgot about that side.

I wanted to purchase some items, such as 4 of the alloy servo brackets for the same model, emailed him (Darrell I think) and he never got back to me with final price and shipping etc, and a way/how to pay (He had said Visa or Payapl - but how, by email and no paypal adress despite requesting it several times?? who knows)

Anyway that hasn't put me off buying from them, just wish they'd get back to me.

Might try again.

Cheers

Lee
Old 01-05-2005, 01:48 AM
Kirk RC
My Feedback: (4)

Lee, My findings have been that you are better off putting the tank, valve, servo etc in an accessable location. One thats easy to get to and not buried. My P-51 allows all this to be in the wing, but not the 47. You could bury it in the 47 belly pan but unless the pan is easy to remove then you have defeated the purpose. Half the trick to retracts is easy of maintanence. Stuff will leak and getting to the problem is 90% of the battle. Robart, Century and Sierra all make airline quick disconnects, dont worry about the wing to fuse connect point it seldom leaks and if it does its a easy fix. Focus on installing the main system in a location that you can get to.My 2 cents
Kirkrc
Old 01-05-2005, 04:49 AM
heliraptor

Hi Mirk

I was thinking along the lines of having the tank in the belly pan itself, with one end opened up (circle) to allow me to remove the tank itself, the line from this would go up through the wing at some point to the vale and actuating servo that is mounted on the wing itself.

This way the connections to the main retracts and gear doors will be maintained on removal of the wing.

This would leave the only connections made when fitting the wing would be the servo connection itself from the actuating servo (plus the ailerons / flaps) and the line to the tail retract.

Do you know if anyone sells a connection block where you can plug your servo connections into therfore allowing easy removal / refit etc?

Those are my thoughts, may just as well be easy to shuv it all in the massive expanse of a fuse

Cheers

Lee