Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Byron Corsair w/Quadra 52 PurPower

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Byron Corsair w/Quadra 52 PurPower

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Goldwing-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Byron Corsair w/Quadra 52 PurPower

I hope I'm not breaking any rules but I really need help. I have a ready to fly Byron Corsair with a Quadra 52 (Electronic Ignition) and Robart air retracts. It has Futaba Servos throughout. I need to sell it but have no idea what I should ask for it. Can someone please give me a ball-park idea of what it's worth. It's basically new as it has never flown. (Chicken) I have broke in the engine and it runs great!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41896.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	245475  
Old 03-18-2005, 08:30 AM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Byron Corsair w/Quadra 52 PurPower

If you check on RCU there is one for sale at $3000. I have see them sale for anywhere from $1500 ON UP TO $3000
Old 03-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Goldwing-RCU

Thanks for your post, I saw the listing and that's what prompted me to post the question. What makes the same plane, similar equipped sell for such different amounts? I've seen them go for 800 to 4500. (Big Difference!) My plane is nice and it has only very minor hanger rash type issuses and is complete and painted. I would like to get at least 1500 bucks for it but want to be fair to myself as well as the buyer. So, maybe there is no way to know!

Thnaks for your help anyway!

Sheldon
Old 03-18-2005, 02:56 PM
flyinrain
My Feedback: (25)

There are a number of factors that decide on price. The quality of the kit and construction, closeness to scale, engine size and quality, covering (monocote versus fiberglass), detailed cockpit, rivet and panel lines, included equipment such as servos or batteries etc. Size is also a factor and I believe your airplane is 1/5 scale
Old 03-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

so give a description of the plane . It looks good from here. A radial engine, cockpit kit, pilot figure, flaps, gear doors, sliding canopy all add to the value of the plane.