Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

pica p 51 1/6 scale

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

pica p 51 1/6 scale

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 01:11 PM
rumble2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pica p 51 1/6 scale

any one have any experience with a pica p 51 kit. i just ordered one and would like some imput before starting. it is 1/6 scale 74" w.s.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:35 AM
Jack Devine
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pica 1/6th Scale P-51

This kit builds into a very nice airplane. I built mine about seven years ago. I used a Super Tiger 3000 for power and built all of the scale options. I used Century Jet gear and a Robart Tail wheel. The kit builds Tail heavy and you need to take every precaution to deal with this or you will be adding pounds of lead to make it balance properly. The plane is very responsive and with the included cockpit kit it can be made to look very scale. This is the last plane I used monocoat on and I have fiberglassed every else that I have built sence. If I built another I would glass it too. The gear has worked well but I did double the retract ribs on both sides for extra strength.