Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Seen a American Eagle B-24???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Seen a American Eagle B-24???

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 09:20 PM
Carlb
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seen a American Eagle B-24???

RandallM,

Not familiar with any B-24 kits but those specs seem very good. At <35 lbs the plane should be very easy to fly. Good luck.
Old 02-22-2003, 03:26 PM
dalleb

My Grandfather flew and was downed in a b-24 in yugoslavia in '44. 15th AF, 450th BG, the Cottontails. He never spoke of this while he was alive, and it was only last fall that I managed to find a surviving member of the crew and the family was able to learn the story. Researching his story, and of course his plane got me wanting very badly to build a flying replica of his b-24, "True Love". But first i have to learn to fly, picking a trainer now. While I am years away from building or flying this amazing plane, it is my ultimate goal. My question is this, what sort of learning pattern should I follow to work up to a four engine like the b-24?
Old 02-22-2003, 10:11 PM
Uncle Heinkel

There have been so many replies on this forum that I forgot who asked what!

I, too, love the B-24 and have a Stafford kit that flies beautifully.

I'd build a bigger one in a heartbeat if our field was big enough.

I've never read about a bad flying B-24 kit or plan....only heard good things.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but you can get a video of the American Eagle B-24 taking off, flying, and landing. I have it and it seems to fly very well.

H.
Old 03-22-2003, 06:18 AM
dc3capt

After reading these threads I think I've figured out the B-24 I have was made by bomber boys. It's all glass with foam wings at 110". If you lay the parts over the Palmer plans it's almost an exact match. I bought the palmer plans to get the correct nacelle spacing ect. I got this thing through a trade 11 years ago. Are they still being made? Bob
Old 03-23-2003, 09:39 AM
jasonp51d
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default B-24 (18 foot wingspan) in the UK

Thought you might be interested in John Deacon's B-24 that flies in the UK.

Built from scratch - 18 foot 4 inch wingspan

4 x 45cc Zenoah's

Covered in lithoplate

Jason
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	65023_30137.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	17976  
Old 11-02-2011, 05:41 AM
dragonbuilder
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Seen a American Eagle B-24???

Can anyone tell me whats included in the American Eagle B 24 kit? I know its fiberglass and foam but is there anything else?Any wood, hardware etc.?
Old 11-02-2011, 06:15 AM
deatonbt

Default RE: Seen a American Eagle B-24???

I don't know about the B-24, but I built the Spitfire. It just included a fiberglass fuselage, foam wing, canopy, abs plastic items, and templates with simple plans. I don't think that any of the American Eagle kits come with wood or hardware.

You might just give Bob a call.

http://www.flyrcmodels.com/

http://www.qualityfiberglass.net/

-Brian
Old 09-16-2018, 05:58 PM
ben.roper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'll have my American Eagle B-24 at Bomberfield

I'll have my American Eagle B-24 at Bomberfield this year. It took me a long time to finish it but it flies great. Love it.
The following users liked this post:
nucastle (06-07-2022)
Old 06-07-2022, 01:40 PM
nucastle

Default American Eagle B-24 for Sale NJ

American Eagle 1/10th scale B-24D Kit. Specs are as follows:
Wingspan:132"
Length: 80"
Height: 22"
28-35 pounds anticipated flying weight
Kit contains 2 piece epoxy glass fuselage with molded in Slip Joint, 4 epoxy glass nacelles, 4 piece foam wing core set, 1 piece foam stab kit, 2 piece foam core rudder set, epoxy glass tail turret, clear vacuum formed glazed nose cone, top turret, lower ball turret, tail turret windows, observation dome and cockpit cover, paper plans sized at 24x36 which include building details and all required templates. THERE IS NO WOOD INCLUDED IN THIS KIT.
Also included in this kit are the Robart retracts as shown in the Photos. One steerable nose gear, and both main gear.
Kit was purchased in 2000. Kit has not been started, all parts are as received when purchased and as shown in pictures. Today with the advancement of electric tecnology this would help with the "engine out" issue of multi-engine planes, but thats up to the builder.
Kit is located in Ramsey NJ. Prefer not to ship and for buyer to pick up or will meet within an hour drive. I will ship upon request, however buyer to pay all shipping costs. Box is 59"x19"x19" as is and as is shown with MINIMAL packing protection. Buyer assumes ALL RISK OF SHIPPING DAMAGE if I ship.
There were very few of these kits that were ever produced and many less flying. Originally purchased to build for my father-in-law who served as B/N on them in the Pacific during WWII, however once he passed I lost interest in building it.
Needs a good hope, please contact me with all inquiries.

Photos as mentioned above of kit available upon request

Last edited by nucastle; 06-07-2022 at 01:42 PM. Reason: *forgot to mention photos
Old 06-17-2022, 03:25 PM
carlgrover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

There is another kit of the B-24 by Bomber boys. Fiberglass fuse and foam wing. 110" wingspan.

carl