Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Warbirds Replica's Bf-109

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Warbirds Replica's Bf-109

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 11:19 PM
Redline7000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warbirds Replica's Bf-109

Anybody built, flown Warbirds Replica's Bf-109 or any of their other aircraft?

www.warbirdsreplica.com
Old 11-17-2002, 07:56 PM
Asanders

hey Red, these kits look like the former Aerotech of UK they are well done and fly pretty good... I had a BF-110 twin... aside from the fact it was my first twin (mistake) it flew very well... i also have the Hurricane.. easy to build and still looks scale... worth the money ... they used to be imported by DARE distributors in the US but the original manufacturer went under with lots of orders not filled.
Old 12-13-2002, 06:47 PM
henry161

I read the a review of warbirds tempest and it performed superbly and got a resounding thumbs up so I contacted the company and after some deliberation I bought a BF109 - the kit looks absolutely superb but sadly I still have not assembled or flown it - I am about to get back in touch with them for some accessories though (retracts,silencer).
Old 12-13-2002, 07:23 PM
gut

Hey guys, I just was looking at the write up on this 109 in the UK mag RCM&E... looks intersting.... has anyone brought one of these across the big pond into the US or Canada.. Any Idea on what the shipping would cost.

GUT
Old 12-13-2002, 08:03 PM
greyfly

AS one of the Brits that visit this site I hope I can fill you in on some of the details. Warbirds are very much the same as Top Flight kits in so much as they are a "Sand-Off" scale.
Where T/F kits are all built-up and about a 75-90 engine,... WB tend to use foam wing and about a 40/60 motor size.
As with T/F the mods to the scale outline does make them good filers, and a good but safe intro to warbird flying.
In the UK they tend to be cheaper than T/F kits too. A club mate has the Hurricane and to be honest with you, for the size, weight and price, its a "nice little model" If you want one, it would be best to deal with the company yourself. WB are very small, just a couple of guys working out of a shop and I don't think they could handel a big order for a supplier in the US...
Well, I hope this helps.....bottom line, good little kit for the money.