Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair

ORIGINAL: NCIS

Your the one that think's he know's it all MATE![:@] I don't need or want any help from some Aussie with you attitude an CAPS.

GIBBS
listen wanker with an attitude like yours no wonder you have to hide behind a bull S H I T name like NCIS? What a tool.

I do happen to know what I'm on about and I will enjoy reading about your overweight heap of crud ploughing itself into a pile of twigs.

typical narrow minded idiot YANK

now run off back to mummy and have a cry

hahahhahahaha
Old 06-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

typical , blinkered YANK, only see what is in front of thier nose or what is written in a process diagram that they can follow with the aid of a flow chart. Don't dare try and think laterally

moron
Old 06-22-2007, 06:12 PM
timothy thompson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ncis is a great person why not let people alone. auto primer sanded will not add weight. i use it on my warbirds all the time. it comes in a tube its not resin or mixed at all. i spray 4 coats grey primer then wet sand most off. it tells me where my imperfections are. then a squeege a coat all over the bird, let dry and sand off. Please be nice pete your a good person too!
Old 06-22-2007, 06:16 PM
timothy thompson

yank? dont forget we are allies, correct? also read rcu policies. mod will be notified . we all started this civil thread of corsair brotherhood and we dont want crap. We all learn from each other
Old 06-22-2007, 06:24 PM
timothy thompson

no no i wasnt talking about anyone in particular. i made that comment because noone is perfect and what i meant was that if you want it perfect pay an expert to do it or buy fiberglass arfs. building from a kit is an art and if you take 10 people building the same kit you will get 10 different approaches at doing things. mr oz and his caps began the rudness. i was defending someone i know that has helped me alot in the past . lets all get along ok
Old 06-22-2007, 06:25 PM
NCIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Peter_OZ,

I am not going to even honor your idiot remarks with any further comments other than these last few. You have been the one that started this whole thing and unless you want to post to yourself I'm not reponding to you anymore. By the way I'm building a 1/4 scale Corsair by Don Smith and if Don tells me how he glasses one of his planes I think in his late 80's and being in the hobby for over 20 some years I think I'll listen to him the designer. Also their aren't any instructions either SMUCK. You don't even know what NCIS stands for let alone who Gibbs is. So you go ahead and make fun of me and build your TF giant Corsair and I'm outta here. I don't need help from you, a self centered egotistical idiot. Now leave me alone. Thanks Tim.

Gibbs/USA and proud of it.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:32 PM
puff daddy

Wonder what the original author thinks of what has happened to his thread. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm? [X(]
Old 06-22-2007, 08:45 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Gibbs

my 2 pennys worth, I think you have gone off the deep end and there are to meny way to get any bird to pass one inspection the builders, and you are taking things to personal

cheers Bob T

Corsair Brotherhood #5
Old 06-22-2007, 09:05 PM
puff daddy

You guys crack me up. I have water to watch evaporate. [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 06-22-2007, 09:08 PM
rt3232

Puff Daddy

Got an extra cup of water??
Old 06-22-2007, 09:10 PM
puff daddy

ORIGINAL: rt3232

Puff Daddy

Got an extra cup of water??
You bet ya. Come on down. Must warn ya. It comes in a 12oz can with a pull tab though. But it does have a born on date.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: timothy thompson

ncis is a great person why not let people alone. auto primer sanded will not add weight. i use it on my warbirds all the time. it comes in a tube its not resin or mixed at all. i spray 4 coats grey primer then wet sand most off. it tells me where my imperfections are. then a squeege a coat all over the bird, let dry and sand off. Please be nice pete your a good person too!

hey look 2 idiots for the price of one!! Woo hoo what a bargain! Any steak knives with that?

Love a good idiot or 2, keeps me amused for nearly a nano second.!!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:49 PM
ctflyboy
My Feedback: (3)

GENTLEMAN,
ITS TIME TO PUT IT TO BED, OR THE VERY LEAST TAKE IT OFF LINE

GEORGE
CORSAIR Brotherhood # 1
Old 06-22-2007, 09:53 PM
bosssman
My Feedback: (35)

I follow this thread quite regularly and have even been PM'd by members, most notably Bob (rt3232). There have been occassional "hiccups" (ie politics), but that happens at just about any forum on ANY hobby....

I have followed Pete (Peter OZ) who, in my opinion, is very knowledgeable about this hobby and I respect him GREATLY for that (as evidenced by replies from myself, especially in his TF P-40 thread). What I don't like, is him grouping together by nationality, to the point of attempting to inflict discredit upon ALL Americans based on the reply of a SINGLE individual. If I bleed red, white, and blue, it's may be because I gave 22 years to my country in ideals I STONGLY believe in and I would defend (and have done so with weapons in the past) my country's ideals and convictions. Pete has also served his native country of Australia, also I think because of his belief in his country. Pete, just because you may disagree (at times STONGLY) with another RCU member, "slamming" his country of origin (ie, "typical YANK" ) does NO good and actually, turns many of us off that have religously followed some of your great input over the years. I am not saying that what Pete says is gospel and any of the other RCU members input is wrong, but remember, everything said here is OPINION.....

I "glass" differently, using lacquer based Polyglass these days, automotive Polyprimer (a VERY thick build, catalyst hardened primer), and a variety of paints ranging from latex to automotive paints (my primary hobby has always been restoring classic cars). I would hope this thread gets back on track as being one of THE most read and responded to threads in the Warbirds section. I have not had a chance to complete my Corsair, but am relieved that MANY have contributed with very minute details about their builds so as to aid me in not having to do much "head scratching" in completing my build.....

randy

p.s. - I promise to at least start responding to this thread more regularly if not back building the Corsair....
Old 06-22-2007, 11:13 PM
timothy thompson

pete used to be very nice to me on here but now im also called an idiot its time to ignore him. After all there are many ways of doing things. Also mr oz read your history it was the YANKS who HELPED keep japan from invading your land in ww2 . a little appreciation would be nice. Geeze calling a fellow rcu member stupid for four using a method you do not use is silly. Warbirds are heavy 25-30 pound oh and didnt they hang fuel tanks, bombs, and rockets from them? I have read other threads and you have the habit of starting fights on here. leave us alone this is a thread on corsairs not name calling

goodnight
Old 06-22-2007, 11:21 PM
timothy thompson

ALSO MY RESPONSE ABOUT THE MONONKOTE COMMENT WAS DELETED WHY and by whom? all i said is that if 10 people build the same kit it will have 10 different ways of doing things. If you want a perfect job buy a fiberglass arf. that is what i said that was deleted . BTW who is the mod on this forum?
Old 06-23-2007, 03:01 AM
SMUGator

When I was a little boy, my mother said "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all." Folks thought that I was a deaf mute until I was 12 or 13. I still find that policy useful at times.

Tom
Old 06-23-2007, 08:46 AM
timothy thompson

boy do i agree
Old 06-23-2007, 10:27 AM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

Now that my Pica Spit refurb is done I'm back at work on the Corsair. I was sorry to see this thread deteriorate over the last page of posts, but hopefully we can all get over it and continue with the topic at hand. I've only fiberglassed one plane, the Spit, and I used Dan Parsons' method, which is basically applying the cloth with thinned epoxy (the stuff used to coat bar tops). The application coat is thinned about 50-50, and the fill coat is thinned a bit less. There is some sanding to be done, and it does get tiring. I would think that using a filler primer like K36 would do well, but honestly I don't think the epoxy fill method adds much weight. I was surprised at how little weight the entire process added.
As for paint weight, I used warbird colors on mine, and I think I used about four ounces (liquid measurement) for the bottom and four for the top base color, and two for the camo, and about four total for the clear coat. I'm guessing that most of the weight of the paint is in the carrier and dries away. I would be very surpirsed if the painting added any more than four to six ounces total weight.
I don't have a scale accurate enough to measure the difference, but I'm sure on some other thread somebody has done some tests.
Now, on to the Corsair!
Sam
Old 06-23-2007, 01:02 PM
NCIS

To all my Fellow Builders,

I want to go on record as saying that I would like to forgive and be forgiven for my recent behavior on this thread. Bosssman, I would like to personaly apoligize to you for being a complete jerk on your thread. To Peter, I don't dislike you and I do respect what you have to say. I just got post rage and went off the edge. I have seen your posts on my threads and they were very positive. Also to the Moderator that removed my disrespectful posts from this thread. I don't want anyone doing research to see them and think I'm like that all the time. I'm happy they are gone. Thanks!

Gibbs
Old 06-23-2007, 01:36 PM
rt3232

Well for all of you corsair buffs

The hanger queen is not a hanger Queen any more, we got a great maiden, take off was smoth as silk, required some right aileron trim and one cleck of right rudder, made a few circuts and set up for a landing made a pass with out flaps and it jus does not slow down, so did a go arround and set up again added partical flaps on base and no pitch change was required turned on final added full flaps and BOY talk about brakes and a pitch change added some power and a little up, back in the grove over the trees pulled power off and let it settle to a nice wheel landing, I blew it I left my camera at home, but one of our members took a lot with his and will send them to me mid next week so will post as sone as I have them.

There are some minor post flight problems 2 with the bird and one on the programming in the Xmitter

Cheers Bob T

Corsair Brotherhood #5
Old 06-23-2007, 01:54 PM
SMUGator

Congratulatiosn Bob! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Tom
Old 06-23-2007, 02:02 PM
rt3232

Thanks Tom

It was a long time comming and it was great to do,

Bob t
Old 06-23-2007, 02:14 PM
NCIS

Good Job Bob,

Happy to hear it was very successful. No one can ask for any better than that. Can't wait for the pic's.

Gibbs
Old 06-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Bill Jennings
My Feedback: (85)

Good on you Bob, I'll bet that was a relief.
Regards.
Bill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.