Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

WHERE TO BUY CMP PLANES?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

WHERE TO BUY CMP PLANES?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 10:53 AM
jeffk464

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WHERE TO BUY CMP PLANES?

Speaking of quality, I wasnt very impressed with my 40 size p47. I hear that the poor flying characteristics of their small planes doesnt carry over into their larger warbirds, so I would probably still give them a second shot.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:56 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a seller on E-bay, Jet Hobbies, thet sells a few of the CMP models, and thier feed back is pretty good. What few negatives I saw ( 6 out of near 1000) seemed to be mostly customer related.
They are in Canada. I have seen the .40 size ZERO sells usually for around $100 and ships in the US for $25. Thats not too bad. I've been thinking about getting one of the Zeros.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:00 AM
JIMARRINGTON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to agree with the World Models quality for what I have seen. I have a Sky Raider Mach II that I have been flying the heck out of. A great little airplane and very good quality. Only complaint I have with it is that the color scheme sometimes makes it hard to see. But it flies great. I would not mind having a few of their warbirds but they seem to be a little pricey from Airborne Models. Does anyone know of any other suppliers of The World Models?

Jim
Old 07-02-2005, 11:00 AM
hellcat56
My Feedback: (21)

Qualityof CMP Planes
EXCELLENT
You get a PAINTED fiberglass fuse that as far as I can tell has no pin holes to fill, It is not Scale Masters Class but if you just want a scale looking plane that is close enough to fool most of your fellow pilots you can't beat CMP, All come covered and all just FLY well.
IN summay minor assembly, Painted Fiberglass fuse, covered wing Semi Scale Outline around $200
Beats the heck out of flying some fun fly plane that looks like a wing and a motor (sorry about that) I just like scale--anytype of scale.
Show up at the field with one and it draws instant attention

I am flying a FW 190 now as my ever day flyer and I have their Spitfire and Hellcat in the box.
Scale forever
Lawrence
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78099.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	292744  
Old 07-02-2005, 12:14 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Jim, this is only my opinion but for $279 the 1/6 P40 is one of the nicest planes that I have ever purchased . I also know a ton of guys with the hellcat and they love it. When I was at the store I got to see the Spit first hand and that plane is simply beutiful . I know there is no comparison to Yellow aircraft but for the value , size and overall quality these planes are worth every cent .
I would say the pros are good quality , light build , good finish and very nice size .
The cons are , they need some reinforcemnet in a few places but no big deal and I dont know if i owuld use the hindges and linkage set up but that is me and I always change them out .
I have the Pica 1/6 P40 , that planes will take me a year to build to get what I just bought for $279.This plane is so nice I am going to tweek it to more scale by changeing the counter balance in the tail , add flaps and possibly an interior .
Jeff- you do have me beat , I was just on the west coast on vacation almost had my wife convinced that Elmonte was a beutifil resort -hahah but I could not sell her on this trip plus I just got the P40 in may . I will be in La in July and I am going to take a ride out there .
Chuck - promise to get back to you this week when I get in the office
Old 07-02-2005, 09:53 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

I am on the "GSP Treated me Great List"... No bad experiences here..THey helped me with spare parts for my GSP COrsair and I got them in a timely manner... SO Yes I am another shining example of a customer being treated with what I would say Good service...
This is my personal experience...Thanks and good luck..[8D]
Old 07-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Triple-A
My Feedback: (93)

I won an auction here (RCU) for the CPM Hellcat in May and paid $149.00 for it. The shipping was $35.00 for anywhere in the cont U.S. or $15.00 pickup fee if you where close enough to do just that, which I did. I'm not sure what a pickup fee is (other then a way to squeeze more $ out of me) and no one spoke English well enough to expline it . Anyway the place was a warehouse of perhaps 20,000 sq feet and about 40' tall PACKED to the ceiling with RC stuff from Asia. They opened the box for me to inspect the Hellcat without me asking and it was perfect. I couldn't have been happier unless that is I got to keep the aforementioned and still mysteries pickup fee. My point is the company uses the member name hpventusa and I bet if you PM them they would be more then happy to help you get the P-40 or anything else made in the far east. By the way It cost me $20.00 in gas to get there and home but I saved $20.00 in shipping[sm=bananahead.gif].
Old 07-24-2005, 08:46 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

"pickup fee" is just built in handling, profit. Makes the retail price seem lower, and (at least on ebay) lowers the auction fees quite a bit, as they do not need to pay ebay a percentage of the shipping and handling, only the final auction price. As long as the fee is clear up front, it should not be a problem for anyone.
Most of these guys flat out say no local pickup, as the S&H, like on MOST mail order products in general, is very much a part of their profit margin. If you look at feedback for people like Raidentech and the like on ebay, 90% of the negatives are people who think they got "ripped off" for handling charges...often when the final bid price was $1 for a $50 item.

Hellcat for $149 plus $35? That's a STEAL.

Jeffk, I was VERY impressed with my 40 sized P47, it was a tremendous flyer. As is the 40 Zero I flew the other day. I dunno what the problem is with yours...
Old 07-24-2005, 10:40 PM
taildragger21
My Feedback: (197)

Hellcat..........How does the fw 190 fly?? How was the build?? Did you repaint just the nose, or the whole airframe?? I really want one of these... Love them german birds..
Old 07-25-2005, 04:15 PM
hellcat56

The 190 flies great
I recently bought another one and am just waiting for the crash (they all crash sooner or later)---then I am going to build another
I lightly sanded the whole plane with 400 wet sandpaper
then repainted the whole plane with latex paint from home depot
I am flying a G-26 Gas
I went ahead and shot spray can of lustercote flat clear over the latex just for insurance
I fly the G-26 about 1/2 throttle
if you put a smaller motor on it you will probably have to add nose weight
I need none
I orginally put the cowl on upside down
I now have it the correct side up
I highly recommend the 190
I don't have the scale canted retracts
my are straight down
Love it
Hellcat
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80254.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	301363  
Old 07-25-2005, 05:30 PM
LDM

based on your location Lancaster Cal your dealing with Raidentech . They have great prices but they could not tell you a P40 from a P47 lol . I emailed them weeks ago about there misleading ad in a very nice way just to help , they said " please tell us what pics are wrong and we will fix them , guess again, the 64" P40 specs are all wrong its a 54" P40 for $189 and to top that they show the 73" version in the pics , and ,ost of there P47 pics are all wrong , so yes they are nice people and mean well and will allow you to pick up , but get a emialed picture first when dealing with Raindentech out of California for GSP planes
Old 07-25-2005, 09:05 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

ORIGINAL: jeffk464
and its close to my house, so why wouldnt you buy from them instead.
yes... we should buy from them because they are close to your house...

I guess it will magically teleport to me in New Orleans from your house[&:]?
Old 07-25-2005, 10:46 PM
taildragger21

Thats great!! I was thinking of a gasser too... fw 190 are so short nosed they always end up tail heavy....I was thinking a rcs roto 25 would be a great motor.... Did you have to beef up anything after addinfg the gasser??? How about the tail section, heard a few nasty things about it.. Thanks
Old 07-26-2005, 12:10 PM
LDM

TG , I was thinking of a gasser the EVO26 howeever for the price I opted for thr Saito 180 for the 73"P40 .
Old 07-26-2005, 09:48 PM
taildragger21

I thought about the evo.. Supposed to be light and powerfull..They are essentially a mvvs... The satio 180 is a good motor.. But a fuel hog!! Heres my opinion.......I would opt for the evo.. cause in about a year of flying it would pay its self off in fuel cost.. 16.00 bottle of glow fuel, next to 2.15$ for a gallon of gas, and about 3.00$ for a bottle of oil... No comparison...However that satio is a powehouse
Old 07-27-2005, 05:43 PM
LDM

FYI Dymond models in Sandeigo , (very good reputation ) is starting to carry the GSP plane , they have one Spit and One Hellcat in stock as a test to see how it goes . However there plan is to carry them
Old 07-28-2005, 01:49 AM
kmtranmd
My Feedback: (71)

Anyone has good experience with the big P-47 (120 size) from CMP???
Old 10-24-2005, 07:00 PM
proulxlaw
My Feedback: (3)

hellcat56:
Your FW190 looks great. I just had my credt card out to order it from Raidentech but, I was concerned about the weight everyone says has to be added to the nose to balance it. How much did you have to add and how did you set yours up? Did it fly good? Any bad habits?

If I get one, I will throw my YS120AC in it that I have in the box. Engine only has 1/2 gallon through it and I've been itching to get a plane for it. I wanted the FW190 but maybe the Spitfire is a better choice. Did you build that one yet? I would just get the Spitfire but I have a .60 size Spit with a YS 110 in it and it really rips.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:06 PM
proulxlaw

You should have told them to shove the pickup fee and is "unfair and deceptive" contrary to consumer protection laws in most states and contravenes public policy.

You did them a favor by not forcing them to muck with shipping it. Ebay should do something about this and force vendors to charge only actual shipping and if questions arise force sellers to prove those costs.

Just a lawyer's 2 cents.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:31 PM
taildragger21

Hey there.. Is the butcher bird you got from raidentech the same as the cmp one???? It looks the same, on on raidentech's sight it says it has retracts pre installed...
Old 10-24-2005, 08:42 PM
mirwin
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: . . . . pickup fee and is "unfair and deceptive" contrary to consumer protection laws in most states and contravenes public policy. . . .

It's not unfair and deceptive or contrary to consumer protection laws in most states, and it doesn't contravene public policy if you know about it, and you accept it.

If one doesn't like it, he doesn't have to do business with them. I'd like to do some serious horse trading with anyone who doesn't know that he needs to be aware of what he's getting into.

And that's my 2 bits worth

Mike

Old 10-24-2005, 08:43 PM
mirwin
My Feedback: (1)

Hey, look at the date and time stamp on this forum: 10/25/2005 1:31:58 AM

Hmmmm
Old 10-24-2005, 09:28 PM
proulxlaw

It is unfair and deceptive because the fees are represented as shipping costs. If however, the fees are represented as fees not related to shipping and you know before you buy and agree to buy on those terms, then you are right. It would be neither unfair nor deceptive. My point is that ebay should prevent vendors from conducting business in any way that COULD be unfair or deceptive. Forcing consumers to read and understand additional fine print, terms and conditions allows vendors to continue to dupe the unwary out of a few extra bucks.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:58 AM
hellcat56

Proulxlaw
My 190 flew great, I had a G 26 on mine, I needed NO nose weight. I flew at less than half throttle and it flew fast.

I put the big motor on because I knew I would need nose weight if I used a 1.08 or something like it.
The problem with the plane is the landing gear. After trying smaller gear, I used gear like the robart 3/8 . The smaller gear is tooo flimsly and will not hold up well.

I crash it because of radio failure, but I have another one in the box and will build another (I really like that plane) it looks great on the ground and in the air --real head turner at the field.
I am currently building the CMP spitfire and will put the G 26 on it also, Ill let you know how it flies.
Lawrence
Old 10-25-2005, 09:08 AM
proulxlaw

Thanks for the info. I have a pair of Robo-struts that are 3/8 but I cut one of them for another plane and later discovered I had the wrong bushing for it.

If it's not too much trouble, could you please measure on your 190 the distance from the end of the retract housing where the Robo-strut would meet the housing (Robart) to the middle of the wheel well. I'm trying to understand if the Robo-strut that I cut will be long enough to use as-is for the FW190.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.