Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

WHERE TO BUY CMP PLANES?

Old 11-04-2005, 01:16 AM
lownloud

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: WHERE TO BUY CMP PLANES?

Well, good news boys. I just got this reply from the top executive at China Model Products.

Old 11-04-2005, 07:42 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Pro , now that responce is much more resonable . I do feel they should make it right however look at every warbird post and you will see that CG is a variable factor . The original H9 corisar had the CG in the incorrect place . RCU members were the firts to find , fix and post this problem . H9 is one of the best ARF co out there yet they were dead wrong .
We are not against you but CG is a very difficult factor to state as an all constant aspect of flying .Yes a plane out of CG is a dangerous weapon and I never used the word TOY , you did that . Based on your experience with warbirds you know that CG along with wing loading can make or break a plane .

I just bought the CMP 73 P40 , the CG is not even stated on the plans . I am useing three factors to determine CG .
1)Formulas
2)A simimar plane in my hanger -Pica 1/6 P40
3)Other RCU members who have flown this plane

Good luck with your problem and in closing if you take any thing away from this lession its to ask people on this site before you fly .
Even when you are 100% sure you are correct jsut ask , our models cost way to much for even a 1% margin of error .
This is a great web site with a ton of experienced modelers that are willing to help total stangers .
Have a good day
Old 11-04-2005, 01:59 PM
proulxlaw
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

LDM: I agree with you. An ARF as advertised should not leave it to the novice or even experienced builder to have to figure out or correct errors and omissions in the plans/instructions. I just think modelers have a right to demand that the manufacturers put their best efforts into providing as accurate as possible information to the consumer/modeler especially when erroneous information could cause someone to get hurt. I believe that CG is one of those critical pieces of information that a manufacturer should not get lazy on.

Before building my H9 Corsair, I read through all of the posts on the plane that I could find so, I had a fair idea of the strengths and weakneses of the airframe and CG problems. With the H9's CG at the recommended the plane was reported by other modlers here on RCU to be too far aft and that 1/2 inch farther forward was right on. I took the advice of the many people that reported the problems, made the appropriate changes and my plane is now one of the best flyers that I own. Here, 1/2 inch would not have made the plane uncontrollable.

When I started building the CMP Zero, there were not nearly as many posts on it and similar information was either sparse or non-existent. Usually minor CG adjustments have to be made anyway after you fly a new plane but, the amount that the CMP Zero was in error was ludicrous and just flat out wrong. One other person posted information about the zero in another thread and stated that he flew the plane and had good success with it. I did ask him the questions about CG and what he thought were the best throws but, he never responded. the data that was compiled from the CG calcuklator above was my first attempt at using any calculator or other method of attempting to calculate correct CG and this was done only after the plane was trashed, unfortunately.

I have learned something from all of this about CG that will help keep this from happening in the future but, I will not stop demanding that manufacturers do more to make the planes, equipment, products, etc. better, safer and more efficient and in so doing, the hobby will undoubtedly be advanced. In my opinion the desparity between the quality of the product that one vendor delivers to the next is greater than just about any other item of property that I have bought. As an example of this, YS makes one of if not the best glow engines sold today but, if you read through their manuals and materials (typos and overall poor quality) it would lead you to believe that you were buying something that was a reject from a third world country. I'm not just picking on YS. I have a few of their motors and love them. This kind of quality control is lacking in many aspects of this hobby. I can't remember a single time ever reading a manual for an HP printer or other product from them that had a typo or was lacking in quality the way some manufacturers slap together the materials for this hobby.

In any event, I'm gonna keep flying and whether it's more CMP planes is up to them.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:19 PM
proulxlaw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 270win

CMP should make it right. This thread has led me to choose not to purchase their airplanes. I purchased a Skyshark FW190 kit on ebay... turns out it was a Heritage (pre-Skyshark) kit, the balsa was very brittle and the kit was totally worthless. I called Skyshark and explained the situation to see what could be done. (not expecting much) They sent me a brand new kit!! I'll buy from Skyshark again and again because they care about their reputation and the people who buy their planes. There are many many model manufacturers. Buy from the ones who give a rip. Let the hackers die from lack of business.

This is just my personal opinion....

I'm glad to hear it. I will not hesitate in the future to by something from Skyshark. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:14 PM
foots7

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I HAVE A CMP 300S EAXTRA & I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW KIND OF MOTOR I SHOULD GO WITH WEATHER ITS A GAS OR GLOW ENGINE & WHAT SIZE
Old 11-29-2005, 03:36 PM
proulxlaw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This post is to simply let folks know that CMP will not do anything to rectify problems with their product(s). I notified them about problems with my zero some time ago and have been more or less ignored since. They asked how my plane was set up and I sent the info back and have heard nothing since. I think this was a month or so ago. They did not even extend the courtesy of saying they would not do anything about the problem.

Has anyone else attempted to contact CMP about a problem?
Old 11-29-2005, 03:40 PM
ZapRC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Try [link=http://www.glowrc.com]GLOW-RC.COM[/link]

This is on the front page of their site

"If you find a lower price anywhere else, we will beat our competitors price!"
Old 11-29-2005, 05:03 PM
mirwin
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: proulxlaw ". . . . I notified them about problems with my zero some time ago and have been more or less ignored . . .

You actually got through to CMP in China?

Old 11-29-2005, 06:44 PM
proulxlaw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yup. via email. They can be contacted at: Jacqueline Shum [jackie@cmpairplane.com]

Don't expect much from them because you'll get nothing.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:34 PM
AK Models

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

GLOW-RC.COM where not creative enough to make their own description for most of their planes, they have copied most of AK-Models !QUOT!out of the box!QUOT! sections with out our permission and violated AK-Models copywrites. We have asked them to correct the situation, although we wer glad to see it as usually best things get copied. BUT, they in fact have best prices by exactly $0.95 on every plane we carry.
Way to go...

ORIGINAL: ZapRC

Try [link=http://www.glowrc.com]GLOW-RC.COM[/link]

This is on the front page of their site

"If you find a lower price anywhere else, we will beat our competitors price!"
Old 11-30-2005, 05:33 PM
zxj14

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

We would like to apologize to the RC community for using some of Alex's (of AK Models) great descriptions of CMP airplanes. We thought Alex had done a wonderful job of describing some of the features of CMP's models and thought he wouldn't mind us quoting him. We never intended to offend him or anyone by using his descriptions on some of CMP planes. We hold the RC community in highest esteem. With that being said, we would like to offer those of you an additional 20% of our already low prices through December 31, 2005. We realize that .95 cents off was upsetting to Alex but we didn't see the need in charging people .95 cents so we rounded it off. Please mention this post when purchasing our products to receive the discount. Please see our web site at www.glowrc.com.

Please keep in mind that we are shipping from California. We are not in control of the shipping charges that UPS charges. We would like to pay for insurance and we include our shipping receipt with the product.

Again, our sincere apologies to AK Models.

Thanks
Joe and Kathy Webster
Glowrc.com
Old 11-30-2005, 08:20 PM
bosssman
My Feedback: (35)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: zxj14

We would like to apologize to the RC community for using some of Alex's (of AK Models) great descriptions of CMP airplanes. We thought Alex had done a wonderful job of describing some of the features of CMP's models and thought he wouldn't mind us quoting him. We never intended to offend him or anyone by using his descriptions on some of CMP planes. We hold the RC community in highest esteem. With that being said, we would like to offer those of you an additional 20% of our already low prices through December 31, 2005. We realize that .95 cents off was upsetting to Alex but we didn't see the need in charging people .95 cents so we rounded it off. Please mention this post when purchasing our products to receive the discount. Please see our web site at www.glowrc.com.

Please keep in mind that we are shipping from California. We are not in control of the shipping charges that UPS charges. We would like to pay for insurance and we include our shipping receipt with the product.

Again, our sincere apologies to AK Models.

Thanks
Joe and Kathy Webster
Glowrc.com
I am directly up the road from you in Moreno Valley - do you allow pickup? I am very interested in getting the CMP 140 P-40 ARF if you have it in stock, and with the 20 percent off, it would be a steal off your already low price. let me know....

thanks, randy

Old 12-01-2005, 12:58 AM
zxj14

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sure - we'd deliver for free to Moreno Valley - give us a call at (951) 698-4866 or email us at joe@glowrc.com
Old 12-01-2005, 04:40 PM
LDM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hey I was very offended at the Latest victora secret ad , do you think they will give me 20% off one of there models ....... no [&o]!!!!!!!!!!! way to go Joe , good responce and your prices are very very good !!!!!
Old 12-01-2005, 07:14 PM
proulxlaw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If I whine loud enough, do you think they will send me the models along with the purchases?
Old 12-01-2005, 09:59 PM
zxj14

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thank you LDM; We hope that everyone has a wonderful end of the year!

Joe and Kathy
Glowrc
Old 12-03-2005, 12:46 AM
major717

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have been searching for a C-130 ARF any one help as to were to go?
Old 12-03-2005, 06:27 PM
AK Models

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ak-models.com/c160white.htm
ak-models.com/c160camo.htm
Will have both in 30 days.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:33 PM
rdurant
My Feedback: (32)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Has anyone had any experiences with the CMP Giles 202 140 size plane? Is this a good 3d plane?

Thanks
Old 12-11-2005, 04:35 AM
zxj14

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Jim just to let you know that GWS has an electric c-130, not sure if this will help you or not. Irep for them as well and can get you a great feal on it if your still looking the even have some vidio of ot on the web site www,grandwingservo.com.

Joe
www.Glowrc.com
Old 12-11-2005, 04:41 AM
zxj14

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Jim:

just to let you know that gws sells an electric c-130 not sure if this will help you or not they can be found at wwwgrandwingservo.com I can get you a great feal on it if your still looking!

Joe

www.glowrc.com
Old 12-11-2005, 04:42 AM
zxj14

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Jim:

just to let you know that gws sells an electric c-130 not sure if this will help you or not they can be found at wwwgrandwingservo.com I can get you a great deal on it if your still looking!

Joe

www.glowrc.com
Old 12-11-2005, 05:23 AM
LDM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I juat found another place for Giant Scale Planes on E-Bay
they list at a buy now price of $165 plus $19.50 shipping .Company is based in Phila .
I have emialed them for a possible pick up .
They are not offering the full line but they are offering the
Spitfire , Hellcat , C-130, 140 size P51 , and there sport planes . No P40 ties or smaller CMP planes ,
Do a search under Giant Scale planes & or China Modle Products with a tie into 90 size or better gas engine RC .If you cant find it I will post the address
Old 12-11-2005, 02:15 PM
major717

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the help.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:15 PM
proulxlaw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

AK: You never responded to my post #296. Since you are a dealer of CMP planes is there anything you can do about my problem?

Please advise.
Bob

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.