Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

WHERE TO BUY CMP PLANES?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

WHERE TO BUY CMP PLANES?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 10:02 AM
JIMARRINGTON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHERE TO BUY CMP PLANES?

Can anyone tell me who is the best and most economical seller of CMP warbirds?

Thanks
Jim
Old 06-30-2005, 11:00 AM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: WHERE TO BUY CMP PLANES?

Hello,

There are other dealers such as Chief Aircrat, Raidentech... BUT STAY AWAY FROM GIANT SCALE PLANES in PA as they are known to rip people off with the shipping charges... There was a thread I posted with enormous response from RCUers regarding their shipping charges... DP
Old 06-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Edwin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been using raidentech. Heard soooo many bad things about GSP that I had to stay away from them. The first order from raidentech was over the phone. The second order was placed online. I ordered 2 planes (spitfire and zero) and shipping for both was $23.10. They did everything they said they would do and I got a fedex tracking web page. I ordered on monday and delivery is expected on friday, according to fedex. Not bad. Even if its a little late, I'll still be satisfied.
Edwin
Old 06-30-2005, 04:13 PM
JIMARRINGTON

Thanks for the response guys. I looked at both Chief and Raidentech. Niether seems to carry the complete line. I am interested in their new 40 size P-40 and it is not listed. A lot of CMP stuff is sold on ebay but I would like to avoid it if possible. Any other suggestions?

Jim
Old 06-30-2005, 04:35 PM
Dai Phan

Jim,

You still can deal with GSP if you do the following:

1. Call GSP and ask to speak with Eddie telling him that one his costumers likes his service and recommends you to him.
2. Ask for EXACT shipping and HANDLING charges, then go to UPS website to see if the charge is reasonable. A 5-10 dollars for material and handling is fair ( I am being generous here...., anything above IS NOT!)
3. Buy the plane if all the charges are fair to you.

I had to deal with GSP for some replacement parts and I have dealt this way without suprises (after my hard earned lesson).

In all cases, DO NOT let anyone at GSP justifies for their steep "handling charges" by saying things like..." you have to pay for taxes at your LHS" and such... Remember that GSP IS NOT your local LHS. Stores that sell to costumers that are not in their state will have a tax break so don't let that logic fool you. Good luck ! DP
Old 06-30-2005, 08:47 PM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

I've delt with www.giantscaleplanes.com several times with no problems. Of course ask for a total w/shipping, they are not that bad to deal with there is a habbit here on RCU where people like to complain more than brag on a company. That old saying in business piss one person off and they'll tell 10 people, make one person happy and they may or maynot say anything. Good luck I seriously doubt you'll have any problems.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:16 AM
PineBaron
My Feedback: (38)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just ordered a P40 from CMP. Superfast delivery, extremely well packed, no damage and the shipping was absolutely reasonable. This was my first purchase from CMP and I have no complaints.

PineBaron
Old 07-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Dai Phan

Muggenkid,

If you think that GSP is doing bussiness right, then why there are so many unhappy costumers? I am glad that you have no problem with them. But I assure you that your is an exception rather than a rule! I am sure you won't pat their back if they charged you over 20 bucks for "handling". DP
Old 07-01-2005, 10:46 AM
mugenkidd

Dai,
I don't question peoples bad experiences don't question my good ones. As I said before unhappy customers are more likely to complain than happy ones are to brag. RCU is not a measure of a ratio of good/bad transactions from a company. If GSP was as bad as RCU members made it out to be then it would have been out of business a long time ago. I do not fill bad about paying a $20 handling fee if first of all it is disclosed to me when I place the order, and secondly if the comparable item from another company is at least $100 or more than the item I am purchase. I just want to state my side so that there is a more fair mix of reviews, not to say that someone else did not have a bad experience.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:24 AM
7aso
My Feedback: (27)

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I've ordered from GSP before and never had a problem with them. There was one time when they sent me the wrong paint scheme on my p-47, but they quickly sent out the correct one and I shipped them back theirs and recieved the correct one within 2 days.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:55 AM
Dai Phan

Hello,

Perhaps you may want to read this....

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_23..._1/key_/tm.htm

Dai Phan
Old 07-01-2005, 12:47 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

There are enough people that are unhappy with GSP, and other businesses run by the owner, that I would be extremely cautious before ordering anything from them. Heck, I'd even order from an eBay merchant with good feedback before buying from GSP. The thread Dai posted contains way more complaints than I've seen for any other vendor. For those of us who order online, and I order a lot of stuff online, GSP's failure to provide a shipping charge during the transaction is pathetic. A person should not have to get on the phone to get a shipping charge. In this day and age of computers, it's nearly trivial to setup a system that can accurately calculate shipping costs. I can understand if a small outfit had trouble with this, but GSP is trying to present themselves as more than just a mom and pop hobby shop. If GSP wanted to appear honest, they would setup an accurate online shipping estimator and include the charge during the order process. Are they lazy, or deceiptful? I have my own theory, based on my personal experience with them, but it's up to the reader to decide.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:27 PM
Dai Phan

Hello,

Thank you Chuck for offering another reason why anyone should NOT do bussiness with GSP. My goal is NOT to bad mouth others but is to inform unsuspecting customers from getting ripped off. If GSP owner truly cares about his company reputation, certainly he would come here and explain himself. I am sure he knows about my thread. I fell hard for his big red 'disclaimer" about why shipping charges are not included at the time of ordering. Boy, I was wrong and I hate to see anyone get hosed like myself and others. Dai Phan
Old 07-01-2005, 02:37 PM
mugenkidd

Ok, so I read your thread and basically your pi$$ed off because they charged you an extra $9.74 that they said they would refund, now its your goal in life to keep everyone else from buying with them. Like I said before make one person mad and they never be quiet about it. In the hobby of RC airplanes I don't see $9.74 being a big deal, and maybe you should let others know how little of an amount you are refering to while you keep bad mouthing this company over and over and over and over and over again.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:15 PM
Dai Phan

Hello,

That's right, I am %^&*off because I was MISLEAD along with other buyers. There are more unhappy buyers than happy ones who had dealt with GSP. Just check out their company ratings and see for yourself. Unless you deciede to be naieve, there are others beside myself who got shafted too. I am not running a campaign to get people boycotting GSP. That is NOT my intention. This is NOT what this post is about! My goal is NOT to keep people from dealing with GSP. But rather, I simply advised people to beware of GSP's undisclosed shipping and handling charges. My previous post even suggested how people can deal with GSP and not getting a shock when they read their credit card bill. There are many very nice sale reps at GSP. It is the company's "shipping charges disclaimer" that many buyers had problems with. Let me ask you this question. In all honestly, would you go online and order from GSP or anybody without knowing what the shipping charges will be after you read my post? DP
Old 07-01-2005, 05:43 PM
jeffk464

Even if you are not disgruntled with GSP I dont see why you would by from them unless the plane you want is not sold at raidentech.com. Raidentech has cheaper prices, lower shipping costs, and its close to my house, so why wouldnt you buy from them instead.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:11 PM
mugenkidd

ORIGINAL: Dai Phan

Let me ask you this question. In all honestly, would you go online and order from GSP or anybody without knowing what the shipping charges will be after you read my post? DP

Yes - Sorry man I'm not trying to argue with you I'm just saying that RCU is not the definate answer on weather or not a company is good. the simple fact is this company would not be in business if it was as bad as all of the reviews on RCU says it is. Thats just a fact of business. Don't forget RCU represents a small portion of the actual RC community and not an acurate representation of the entire RC community. But on the other hand if someone else offers the CMP kits cheaper than GSP by all means go with the place that has the best deal.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Warjet
My Feedback: (327)

I sent them an email last week about shipping cost from GSP to San Diego on one of their e**y auctions and finally got a response (3rd plane I had asked about). They quoted "about $60" for the Hellcat. Raidentech wants $20 shipping for the same plane and priced $60 less. Oh well, at least they answered this time.....................
Old 07-02-2005, 06:35 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Guys -raidentech is also not without fault , they have a good amount of poor ratings under another name on E-bay , one example is the hellcat with a wing rib over the hole for the retract wheel well and they did not replace the wing.On the car side they state that many of there cars are upgradable with HPI and other leading brands , a good car buddy of mine said"not the case " the cars are unique and parts are hard to find , so as always your experience is unique to you and you should always exorcise caution , I have had my share of weird experiences with the best ones , even tower !.
As far as GSP I am luckley , I drive there -aprox 55 miles , the guys in the store will deal , they are very supportive and very willing to open boxes , check out the planes and share comments .
If your in the 100 to 150 mile range its worth the ride , you advoid the UPS chance of damage , you wont save much because as we all know gas is high , but you get to see and touch before you buy , and like I siad , if your there and you have your eye on two planes , they will deal !!!
Old 07-02-2005, 07:29 AM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: LDM

Guys -raidentech is also not without fault , they have a good amount of poor ratings under another name on E-bay
Isn't it funny how people are willing to ignore this if the price is low enough? Raidentech and their many other eBay names (and they have used many), had significant numbers of complaints, but since the price is low, people kept buying from them. It appears that the American consumer is perfectly ok with poor service as long as the goods are cheap.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:50 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Agree, I see this all the time in my business , scary thing is that I sell consumable goods, and the american retailer has been conditioned to buy in -Value/price first , then quality second .they all have margin demands and they put quality second .I always tell retailers "when you buy an inferior product , the consumer will remember where they bought it long after they forget the brand they bought"
Chuck , I am just catching up from travel , I did not forget about getting you some info on the exporter I found .
thanks
LDM
Old 07-02-2005, 10:08 AM
JIMARRINGTON

It seems I have touched on a sore subject here. I appreciate all the info. Now I am wondering if the CMP planes are good enough to be worth the hassle. Are the CMP planes of good quality? If so, is there a really good supplier out there? For my hobby money, I would rather pay a little (emphasize little as my budget is little) extra for the peace of mind of knowing that if I have a problem the supplier will stand behind the product. That is why I like doing business with Tower. It would be nice if one the larger name suppliers could pick up this line of products.

Jim
Old 07-02-2005, 10:29 AM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: JIMARRINGTON

It seems I have touched on a sore subject here. I appreciate all the info. Now I am wondering if the CMP planes are good enough to be worth the hassle. Are the CMP planes of good quality? If so, is there a really good supplier out there? For my hobby money, I would rather pay a little (emphasize little as my budget is little) extra for the peace of mind of knowing that if I have a problem the supplier will stand behind the product. That is why I like doing business with Tower. It would be nice if one the larger name suppliers could pick up this line of products.
I really like my World Models planes. I have 2 flying and 3 waiting to build. The quality on all of them is good.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:31 AM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: LDM
Chuck , I am just catching up from travel , I did not forget about getting you some info on the exporter I found .
thanks
Thanks, I was beginning to think you had dissed me.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:50 AM
jeffk464

Ive got you beat LDM, I live 18 miles from raidentech and they are located about one mile from my flying field on the way home even. They are totally willing to open the boxes for me and not only that but they have very nice looking young women from china that help you go through the box .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.