Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Kiwi Corsairs - Anyone Help

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Kiwi Corsairs - Anyone Help

Old 07-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Redback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kiwi Corsairs - Anyone Help

Repairs to my TF Corsair are progressing slowly, however I am thinking ahead to how to finish it this time.

I have already decided to glass it, and have collected a lot of useful advice on this (thanks guys)

Next question is what colour scheme to use. This is not going to be a scale masterpiece, however this time I am looking for something a little different. Since the RAAF did not use Corsairs I have decided to use the colours of my wife's homeland across the Tasman, ie the RNZAF.

I have a collected some information on colour schemes, from books and off the web (the latter mainly Wanaka pictures) but would appreciate if anyone can point me to any additional sources. In particular I don't have much on the underside.

As I said, this is not going to be a masterpiece, but since I have to paint it anyway might as well do the best I can.

Regards

Terry
Old 07-19-2005, 11:12 PM
Lake Flyer
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Kiwi Corsairs - Anyone Help

Kiwi Corsair's, one of my favorite subjects. There are 2 good publications to look for.
Ian K. Baker's Aviation history Colouring Book # 46, Kiwi Kittyhawks & Corsairs.
Ian's address is 31A Mercer Street, Queenscliff, Vic. 3225. Tell him Dave from Canada sent you.

N.Z.P.A.F. * R.N.Z.A.F. Aircraft Colour Schemes, Vol 3, Corsair Special. The author is Warren P. Russell, and it is published by New Zealand Aero Products. I don't think I have a current address on them.
If you can't find a copy of either book try doing a search on www.abebooks.com or www.bookfinder.com . They are both a great source for out of print books.
Post pictures when your done
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42810.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	299377  
Old 07-20-2005, 03:31 AM
Redback

Great thanks. I'll follow up on these.

Going back into retirement in about a month so finishing the Corsair is high on the list of things to do.

Cheers

Terry
Old 07-20-2005, 04:38 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pic of a kiwi scheme, you have probably seen this bird.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44914.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	299419