Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

VQ Models P-38

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 02:20 PM
Jack Devine
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default VQ Models P-38

Paul: I had a great chat with the owner of Morris Hobbies down at Bomber Field last month. We talked a great deal about the P-38 and he said they were in the final testing stage and that he expected to have the first production run available for sale in mid November. He said that he had been impressed with the prototype models and expected even better quality in the production run. He had all of the other VQ warbirds there for sale and he sold a bunch of them. For those of you that might want to get into a P-38 quickly and spare yourself the effort of a complex build you might check into this kit line. Morris Hobbies has a nice website and you should be able to get information on the P-38 there.

Jack Devine
Old 10-17-2002, 05:12 PM
Paul Grubich
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VQ Models P-38

Hi Jack, I talked with Robert on the phone and he confirmed the P-38 was almost ready to go.

This will be the biggest thing in Arfs yet and the demand will be very high and I hope they can supply enough to feed this demand.

Robert convinced me he wanted this to be the best looking Arf yet and he has taken great pains to make it so.
Old 10-25-2002, 09:20 PM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Default P-38 Lightning arf

Yes, the shipping container is due just before the end of December so their new plane should available sometime after that providing were all still here...
Go to morrishobbies.com to see pics of the prototype
Old 10-31-2002, 03:58 AM
loucel-RCU
My Feedback: (57)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VQ Models P-38

Hi Jack,
Do you know what the scale of this plane is?,it looks awesome, wing span engine size?

Regards,

Loucel
Old 10-31-2002, 04:39 AM
Jack Devine
My Feedback: (6)

Default P-38

I have not actually seen the plane yet I just talked with Robert from Morris Hobbies. He told me it would be IMAA legal at 80" span and on a P-38 that is 1/7th scale. The recommended engines are .61 to .90 2 stroke and .91 to 1.20 4 stroke. It is a very nice looking plane from the pictures I have seen and I understand that it will also be available in more than one color scheme like most of the VQ models are. I'm sure guys will be standing in line to get one.
With all the crap going on on the docks on the west coast they may not make it here by December. I want one real bad but I already have 3 P-38s so I'm going to see a few get in the air before I decide to possibly replace one of the ones I already have.
I have a Royal,a Wing Manufacturing and a GP Sales P-38 now. I P-38 is not a beginners airplane and if you buy one buy engines that are absolutely reliable. Spend what ever time necessary to make sure they both run consistantly because if you have an engine out situation things get real bad real fast. As long as the engines both stay running they are very nice flying airplanes. They sure impress a crowd at the flying field.

Jack Devine