Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Pica Products

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 06:13 PM
LA7flier
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pica Products

Anybody heard whether Pica's line is back on the market? Seems I read Estes was picking them up and I'm really hoping to find a Pica 1/5th scale Spitfire spinner.....thanks
Old 09-01-2005, 04:57 PM
sbd-5
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Pica Products

do a search under this forum for pica as there is some info in one of the threads,seems cox bought the line and was supposed to have things moving along this fall.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:22 AM
JimInCA

Here's a link referred to above.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_19...tm.htm#1990939

Jim...
Old 09-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Spitfire7856

Congrats again on the great job you did on your Spit. I had a Pica spinner on my 1/5 Pica Spit and it simply blew apart. I really would not recommend them. I got a 5" inch Dave Brown P-51 spinner that has the bolt thru rather that the small screws around the base of the spinner. While it is not exact scale, it looks right to all but the most discerning eye!
Again good luck with your Spit
Regards
A3
Old 09-08-2005, 04:35 PM
LA7flier

ORIGINAL: Spitfire7856

Congrats again on the great job you did on your Spit. I had a Pica spinner on my 1/5 Pica Spit and it simply blew apart. I really would not recommend them. I got a 5" inch Dave Brown P-51 spinner that has the bolt thru rather that the small screws around the base of the spinner. While it is not exact scale, it looks right to all but the most discerning eye!
Again good luck with your Spit
Regards
A3
Thanks....I've decided to make my own flying spinner and post it here in case anybody is interested. I started the work last night. I have a friend who will machine the backplate to my specs so all I need to do is make the cone. As I said, I've started to make the plug for the mold last night and will post some pics.....
Old 09-09-2005, 07:51 AM
carlbecker
My Feedback: (3)

Oh yes please show us how you will do the spinner.

Carl
Old 12-16-2005, 09:38 AM
boobare
My Feedback: (14)

check out the website for quicktechhobbt.com. [8D] they carry all kinds of Pica stuff, including spinners
later
Boo[8D]
Old 12-16-2005, 04:52 PM
jmodguy
My Feedback: (4)

I have a Pica spinner on my 1/5 Spitfire and have not had any problems with screws flying out. With that said I did make a minor change to the screw arrangement. I installed 6 each 4-40 anchor nuts on the spinner backplate. These are the non-floating nut type. Screws stay in and tight. Similar to full scale spinner mounting. the 4-40 anchor nuts have 2 small rivets that hold each one in. Spiffy looking spinner at reasonable price with no hole in the end! Would send pics but... no digital camera. Sorry

Jeff Stultz
Old 12-17-2005, 07:18 AM
FrankRC1
My Feedback: (5)

I emailed estes a week ago and someone emailed back that after the first of the year that Pica kits will be sold by them again. What type and what scale he did not say just have to wait and see. Hope that the 1/5 scale Spitfire will be sold I have been trying to get one but no luck on ebay or here on what is being sold.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:12 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frank in Richfield Minnesoda there is a hobby shop called Hobbyware house , nice people great owners .
There is a 1/5 scale Pica spit built hanging for sale .
Overall looks good but needs a little work . I also think there is a 1/6 scale hanging .
I dont know how far that is for you , the hobby shop is 10 miniutes from the airport
With a little TLC you could bring it back to life
Old 12-17-2005, 11:31 PM
Airspur63

I understand that you have a 1/6 scale pica P-40, I wonder if you could please help me, I have the kit, but no PLANS, could you please copy the plans for me? I will pay you for expences(this includes shipping) please let me know.Thanks Dave
Old 12-17-2005, 11:59 PM
LDM

dave please let me see what I can do , I am always willing to help but I an swamped with kids hockey and work .
Do you have a suggestion on where to get copies of plane completed ?
Old 12-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Airspur63

Thank you for returning my e-mail, I understand about kids and hockey(both of my nephews play),and my sister runs around like a chicken with no head on, most copy places.. kinkos and other places like that will copy them for you .Or, if you could send them to me I could copy them and send them right back to you that would be great Thanks again, Dave P.S. HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you and yours .
Old 12-18-2005, 04:33 PM
LDM

Dave let me see if I can get them to Kinkos this week then I will get them to you .
Old 12-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Airspur63

That would be great,then let me know what I owe you, and I will give you my address for shipping thanks,Dave