Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Typhoon I bought, never came...Help....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Typhoon I bought, never came...Help....

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 11:53 AM
scalebirdman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Typhoon I bought, never came...Help....

I received a check from Richard Morgan for ~$500 (it was in pounds) No telling how long it will take to clear, and 95% chance it is rubber.... PJ, Ken, let me know if you got the same thing.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:11 PM
stevo_m

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to warn you guys that our friend Mr Morgan has re-surfaced in the UK

He is now available on this e-mail.

[email protected]

Steve
Old 02-21-2006, 08:48 AM
mdgtmstng
My Feedback: (17)

ORIGINAL: jimmy page

He lives down the road from me.... 12a Newton Court Huntingdon Cambs..... I can pay him a visit for you if you like..?
Hello,

I'm the (sort of) lucky guy that actually got this model after paying for it. I say "sort of", because (a) it is smaller than it was advertised to be, (b) all I received was the fuselage and the main wing (no horizontal stabs, elevators, rudder, canopies, spinner, plans, etc, etc), (c) the parts that I did receive were damaged (not in shipping), contrary to the item's description of being in perfect condition, and (d) have received nothing but empty promises of his sending me the missing parts. Now, after 8 weeks plus of waiting for the package that was supposed to contain said missing parts, he's stopped replying to my emails.

I have retained a lawyer here in the states, and have the name of the police officer in the UK who has been looking into Mr. Morgan's antics. I'm tired of screwing around with this individual.

If you would, please stop by his home, and see if you can find any info on the whereabouts of the rest of the Typhoon for me. I'd really appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll have no other option than to turn the legal system loose on him, and try to sue him for legal expenses as well.

Thanks very much.

Ed Grossheim
[email protected]

Old 02-21-2006, 10:39 AM
treedog

lets see if i ban get this straight thanksgiving or before not sure which a lot of peeps got screwed here at rcu and this guy still is on the loose? i 'm not saying he should be in jail by now but he shoulda had at least 3 of his typing fingers missing by now so he cant open any new email accouts with aol i'd be checking into aol by now too they are letting him give them a bad name snicker ahem wake up peeps quit letting this thief do this again and again
Old 02-21-2006, 10:43 AM
treedog

also are there enough hrs in a day to spend writing all these certified rubber checks?
just curious?
Old 02-21-2006, 05:26 PM
KP.
My Feedback: (77)

I've received the same check from Richard. I tried to cash it at my credit union and they would not take it since it is in pounds. They said to go to a bank and they may help cash it for a fee. I e-mailed Richard and heres the reply.....

Dear Ken,

Thankyou for your email.

I was told by my bank that it would be fine for you to cash the cheque at your bank in the USA, but since you will be charged for the transaction I can fully understand the option that you have taken.

I will of course get an IMO drarn up this week and sent straight out to you by the same postal method as I did for the cheque, if need be, I will also do this for the other members too.

Thankyou once again and I will surely issue you with the International Signed For tracking number once I have sent it out to you again.

I would be grateful if you could return the cheque.

Thankyou.

Lets see if he is good on his word......Ken
Old 02-21-2006, 05:41 PM
mdgtmstng

I sent him an email this morning (to his new email address), asking what the status of the missing parts was for the Typhoon. It's been 8 weeks now, since he said they were mailed out, via surface mail (funny how the fuse and wing were sent 72 Hr Air-shipment!).

Here's the reply I received this afternoon...

Dear Ed,

Thankyou for your email earlier today. In reference to your comments, I did advise you exactly what I have been told about the length of time that it takes for Surface Mail to reach the USA and be delivered, in an ealier email. I advised the period of 3 months, which is what I was informed by the UK Post Office.

On the other hand, If you wish to be compensated for the missing items, I would gladly negitiate on a sensible settlement figure for the replacement parts to be purchased. I am sure that the Vailly Aviation accesories will fit the Typhoon.

I would be most grateful if you could advise me on the above as I wish to see an end to this matter and have all your actions against myself halted.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Thankyou

Old 02-21-2006, 05:45 PM
mdgtmstng

And here's my reply to his above email...

Richard,

In your earlier email regarding the shipment of the missing parts and plans, you clearly stated "up to six weeks", not 3 months. I'm not an idiot, so please stop speaking to me as if I were. I deal with overseas shipments regularly.

An example of how long it takes to ship a parcel via surface mail from the UK to the USA is a Gallet fire helmet which I purchased from a firefighter is Surrey UK, during Christmas week, no less. It took exactly 12 days to reach me. 12 days... not 6 weeks, or 3 months!

How is it that you were able to send me the fuselage and wing in a manner that enabled it to be delivered to me in 72 hours, yet, after dragging this on and on, you somehow find it "cost-prohibitive" to do the same with the missing parts and plans, in an honest effort to rectify a bad situation which YOU caused? If I were the seller, I would be doing my level best to keep my customer happy, and resolve the issue as quickly as possible. I surely wouldn't be dragging my feet as you have.

As far as using Vailly Aviation Typhoon parts goes, that would've been a wonderful idea, if only the model you sold me was actually the size you advertised it to be. In reality, the wing is a full 17" shorter than the Vailly Typhoon, and the fuselage is some 16" shorter. Vailly's Typhoon is 1/5 scale, while the model you sold me is slightly smaller than 1/6 scale. Needless to say, Vailly parts would look ridiculously oversized on this model!

As I'm sure you are aware (and have been reading), there's a lengthy discussion regarding you and your business dealings, in the Warbirds forum on RC Universe. You expect me to believe you when you say you've sent the parts and plans to me, yet, I see how many other people you "sold" this same model to, and see how George Hunter got stiffed by you, and how you keep resurfacing after being banned, using different email addresses and names.

My involvement with you and this model is going on three months now, and there seems to be no viability to anything you've said. You misreprersented the model's condition in the original ad, and it's size. As of this date, you never once attempted to explain this to me. So, please tell me, why do you think that I should believe you, and stop my legal actions against you?

All things considered, if you were in my shoes, and I in yours, you wouldn't be believing anything I said.

I'm giving the missing parts and plans one more week to arrive here. If you, in fact, haven't actually shipped them, I would strongly suggest that you use whatever method you used to send the fuse and wing, so that the stuff arrives within that weeks' time. It was suggested by a friend that I also contact the FBI over here. They will be in contact with the local police at your end.

One week... no more!

Old 02-21-2006, 06:20 PM
camdyson

Come on you guys, get serious. I'm sure there's someone down the local who will give this p*#ck the once-over for a favour. Life's too short for politically correct crap - give him a message he'll understand.....

Cam
Old 02-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Tobbe

This is what he lives for,
just my 2 cents

Old 02-21-2006, 07:33 PM
lovetoflyguy
My Feedback: (139)

Hey Ed,

You got my typhoon! I paid for it I want it!!! OKay okay, just wanted to chuckle over this a little. No check on my end. Nope, nothing. He has no clue what we are going to do to him. I hope you can't sleep Richard!!!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 09:14 PM
mdgtmstng

ORIGINAL: lovetoflyguy

Hey Ed,

You got my typhoon! I paid for it I want it!!! OKay okay, just wanted to chuckle over this a little. No check on my end. Nope, nothing. He has no clue what we are going to do to him. I hope you can't sleep Richard!!!!!
How much more will you pay for it???

Just kidding! I haven't heard back from him since I sent the reply which I posted above. He's on a very short leash right now, and in a weeks' time, the leash gets snapped tight. [>:]

Old 02-22-2006, 04:13 PM
scalebirdman

I decided against depositing Richards rubber check. 1st he owes me $525, not $500. 2nd, It would cost me $40 to have my bank process this overseas check, more if it was returned NFS (what are the odds of that happening) The more I think about it the more I beleive if he was genuine he would have send guarenteed funds i.e. a moneyorder or cashiers check. I will send it back to him, and let him know I don't take personal checks from theives.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:04 PM
madibav8

[sm=angry.gif] Despite earlier problems, simplest route is still PayPal. If he can't pay this way, there is no point in holding any hope of a cheque clearing. The other way is through a BACS transfer, which is easy to set up this end.

Being a Brit, I'm increadibly embarressed by this prats antics....sorry guys [], he's letting the side down big time!

Richard, if you are reading these postings..I sence this impending feeling of doom on your part, so would suggest, if purley for health reasons, you pay up immediately.

Old 02-23-2006, 10:18 AM
scalebirdman

His problem with PayPal is that there are so many leins against his account that any money he put in there would be seized, so he would have to pay everyone off at once. Of course there are many, many ways of sending guarenteed funds overseas, and had he been genuine he would have used on of them. When I got home last night I pulled out the envelope he send the check in, and wouldn't you know it, there is no return address. Just another sign he's bogus.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:38 AM
TSHARK203
My Feedback: (206)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well there is always Western Union. That was how he always wanted me to send him money. If he has the money he could go to there which he always told me was right around the corner and send it to you. My guess is he does not have it or being he is a scam artist he has the money but he has been doing this for so long he is not worried about clearing anything up with anyone. I AM GLAD I SCREWED HIM AS WELL. He sent me right at about $4200 for stuff he wanted me to send him well needless to say I did not send it to him because he still owed me 2 ziroli kits he could never produce and a zdz 80 motor he sold me for an obsured price. My fault for trusting him but I got mine from him in the end. I am about even between what he sent me to keep from sending him to jail.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:26 PM
mdgtmstng

Well, I received an email from Rich this am when I got in from work. Suddenly, there are parts available for this model, right here in the USA (where exactly, I don't know!). Here's the email...

Dear Ed,

After searching out some more replacement parts for your Typhoon, I have found some in the USA. Would it be possible for me to send you the dollars over for you to purchase them over there otherwise I will have to purchase them from there, have them shipped over here then ship them back to you, which would be time consuming and costly, is it possible to do it this way?

I would be very grateful if you could let me know.
Thankyou

Here's my reply...

Richard,

By your email, I can only inder that you never actually sent me the missing parts that you claimed to have sent, two months ago. Please tell me where and how you suddenly found replacement parts for this model. Is it on a website that I might view, to ensure that they are, in fact the correctly scaled parts?

If this is not the case, then I have a final alternative to offer you. You may return my $500 USD to me, using PAYPAL only. Once the funds have cleared PayPal, and are safely depsoited into my own personal checking account, I will ship the fuse and wing back to you.

I await your reply. Please remember that the week I gave you to resolve this issue ends next Tuesday.

Six hours later, and no reply.

Stay tuned!
Old 02-28-2006, 10:22 AM
mdgtmstng

Well boys and girls, guess who just got a refund??? Yay!!!

I held to my promise of legal action by today, and held to my requirement that a funds transfer via PayPal ONLY would be satisfactory, and lo and behold, my PayPal account had almost all of my $500 investment ($482.12 to be exact!) when I got up this morning.

So, if our pal still owes anyone any money, please email me at [email protected], and I'll give you all the legal contact info I have on him, so you can use it to get your money back, too.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:55 PM
TSHARK203
My Feedback: (206)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GO GOING ED GLAD TO HEAR YOU GOT YOUR MONEY BACK. ALTHOUGH I WOULD NOT STOP AND STILL HAVE THIS FOOL ARESSTED BY THE CAMS PD. I AM GOING TO GIVE NEAL A CALL TOMARROW MORNING THERE TIME TO SEE WHAT ELSE HE NEEDS FROM ME FOR CROWN PROSCUTION TO HAVE HIM PICED UP THIS WEEK. I AM LOOKING AT GOING TO THE UK NEXT MONTH TO PAY RICH A VIST (I HOPE IN JAIL) BUT IF NOT I WILL BE GOING TO HIS HOUSE. I HAVE SOME OLD INSURANCE BUDDIES WORKING ON GETTING ME A GOOD ADDRESS AND PIC OF HIM SO I CAN GO DIRECTLY TO THE PD OR IF THEY ARE NO HELP STRAIGHT TO THE YARD TO HAVE HIM PICKED UP WHILE I AM THERE. I TOLD RICH BEFORE I DONT PLAY AROUND WITH THIS. I AM STILL OUT FOR MY POUND OR TWO OF FLESH.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:25 PM
mdgtmstng

Hi George,

I forwarded you all the legal info I have on Richard. Use it as you see fit. I hope you are able to get your money/models back, too. Please stay in touch and let me know how you're making out. If I can be of any further assistance, you know how to reach me.

Ed
Old 03-01-2006, 05:37 PM
lovetoflyguy

Ed,

Please forward everything to me. I'm tired....
Old 03-01-2006, 05:55 PM
NickC5FE
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, just checking back in on my buddy richard morgan, i see hes still a little mutt ba#tard! I am glad some of you have gotten your bills back as i did a few months ago! For the rest of you, i say, buy a ticket (airline) go over there and find him. leave him where you found him, but thats just my .02. Later guys, Nick
Old 03-01-2006, 07:41 PM
mdgtmstng

Everything I have is on it's way to you now. I hope it's use will help you get your money back too. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Ed
Old 03-02-2006, 10:25 PM
lovetoflyguy

Hey Ed,

Thanks for forwarding me all that stuff!!! Wow! It will take me some time to go through everything, but I do have enough stuff. Good to have friends when needed!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 09:35 AM
lovetoflyguy

Okay, I'm so PISSED! Are you all ready for this? This guy has some serious problems and he has NO clue what he is doing. He sent me a paypal request. I sent him one for $525.00 to cover my paypal expenses. He ows me $500.00. I don't think that is too much to ask after he has scammed me out of $500.00 since Thanksgiving. I still can't believe this is what he wrote:

PJ,

I am just going to transfer some money from one bank account to another in order to pay this.
I dont think it is fair that I pay the other $25 on top of the $500 when you never paid my Pay Pal charges and they were deducted from the $500 that you sent to me.

Thankyou

******Fair? I don't even know what to say...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.