Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

skyraider

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 04:51 PM
planerc49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default skyraider

I am building a Zirolli Skyraider. I have the fuse framed up and have a problem. I am beginning to build the horizontal stab. Is it built in halves or one piece. If it is onepiece, do you cut fuselage former 11 to get it in place.
Thanks for your help.
Bill
Old 01-31-2006, 08:15 PM
badger41

Default RE: skyraider

planerc49,
the stab is cradeled in former SS1 ,SS2 .
the stab is built and covered in one piece[stab that is] leaving the elevator to be seperated and covered with fabric if that is what is called for. You should glass the stab and finish up to the primering stage. The stab is then installed and rested on the formers for above, making sure that the stab is square to the verticle stab in both verticle and horizontal and you have not pushed the stab forward on the formers thus changing the stab incidence from what is called for.
tom
Old 02-01-2006, 04:58 PM
planerc49

I guess I am a little confused. If you build the stab in one piece and finish it the way you suggest, the fuselage former F-11 is about in the middle of the stab. Do I have to cut the fuselage former away to get the stab in? Or should I build the stab in 2 halves and work aroung the fuselage former?
Thanks for the response.
Bill
Old 03-10-2006, 11:51 PM
hellcat56
My Feedback: (21)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am looking for some documentation
Does any one have the
Eagle Strike Production
#72-004 South East Asian skyraiders
I would either like to buy it or ask some questions about the print-too small to read on my computer
Thanks
Lawrence