Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Likes Line Retracts

Any suggestions and operation tips on these style retracts would be much appreciated. They are in a Ziroli P51 I'm purchasing, and looking for any setup advice/maintenance,etc,etc. hanks for your help. Regards, Terry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Likes Line Retracts

You can contact Likes, the website is http://www.aero-sports.com/likesline/
    Mike
    Mike Selby

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Likes Line

I bought a set for my quarter scale mustang a couple of months ago. The action is scale like and they seem to be exceptionally strong.

The only hangup I have with them is that I could only get 6 complete cycles per battery charge. They advertise 50-60 cycles per charge but that must be for their smallest retracts. I called Hank Likes and he said that the weight of the wheel also has an influence on the number of cycles. 50 down to 6 still seems unreasonable to me.

They supply a 14.4 volt 700ma battery and a wall charger with the retracts but the charger doesn't help you at the field with no place to plug in.

When the charge runs out the gear stops in whatever position they happen to be in. Half down would make for an interesting landing.

I've put 2 14.4 volt switchable battery packs made from 1500ma sub C cells in my Mustang. Adds about 4lbs of weight.

My retracts are huge and will do significant damage to a finger caught between the strut and wheel well so be careful.

Other than feeling mislead on the number of cycles per charge and the lack of being able to recharge at the field, the retracts are pretty good.

Good Luck,

Ed

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Likes 2000?

I have a pair that are model 2000 I bought in the swap area. Are these the retracts you're talking about? I plan to use them in a Ziroli Mustang also.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Likes Line

Yes, mine are the model 2000 except I had them beefed up with 7/8 in struts and lengthened to 13 1/2 in from pivot to axle.

Ed

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Retracts

Thanks for the help!! 've also been told to use a switch on the radio with a "center off" position so battery pack cant accidently be discharged by a limit switch-any advice. Also sounds like not many flights per charge, unless extra battery packs are tken along or a good 12V field charger is available??? Terry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Likes Line Retracts

The Likes switch can be operated by a small servo, just be careful not to inadvertantly switch off. The filed charger is rather a necessity, although I have averaged around 8 cycles. If you need ballast you can always add a battery.
    Mike
    Mike Selby

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Eight cycles on what size battery, and what size gear, on what size airplane?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Likes Line Retracts

tricycle gear on a 120 inch P38, 1600 ma battery pack.
    Mike
    Mike Selby