Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

1/6 Scale A6M5 Zero Cockpit

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

1/6 Scale A6M5 Zero Cockpit

Old 06-16-2006, 11:51 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: 1/6 Scale A6M5 Zero Cockpit

That little note came from IMP? Hehe, I guess you got their attention!
Old 06-16-2006, 11:59 PM
LaserTank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure why anyone would complain here and not just ask for their money back, or for a replacement from IMP if the product is defective. Too proper of an action to expect from today's modelers? IMP jumped to make sure I was satisfied with my kit, a 5th scale FW TA 152, so I find it strange to hear such a horror story about them. Frankly I loved the wavy !QUOT!oil can!QUOT! look of the sides rather than the typical smooth sides that look like a cheap plastic kit. I got the last of their glass kits of that model and it was better, head and shoulders better, than the BVM Ducted Fan kit I put together for a friend last year. Those BVM kits are supposed to be the cat's !QUOT!meow!QUOT!. Definitely not Sterling quality, only priced that way, but I got it built and it looked good and flew good as well. I had less fudging to do with the IMP kit and most of it was about my personal taste in building. IMP is under new ownership for those who do not know it. Feedback is a good thing for any business, knocking them here is just a cowardly cheap shot. Seems like if there is enough complaining like this above, there will not be a model company left in America before long. We can all be flying Rice Rockets or scratch building then.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:05 AM
flytaildragger
My Feedback: (8)

I bought a CMPRO 1.20 size Zero and installed a cockpit. I just used references and got some guages and wah la! A Zero cockpit carved into a fiberglass fuse. Took some time though.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:02 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: LaserTank

Not sure why anyone would complain here and not just ask for their money back... Too proper of an action to expect from today's modelers? Feedback is a good thing for any business, knocking them here is just a cowardly cheap shot.

I got the last of their glass kits of that model and it was better, head and shoulders better, than the BVM Ducted Fan kit I put together for a friend last year. Those BVM kits are supposed to be the cat's "meow". Definitely not Sterling quality, only priced that way
Instead of taking a cowardly cheap shot at BVM and complaining here, why didn't you have your friend ask for his money back?
Old 06-17-2006, 03:07 PM
pilot486

Did you really get that from this post. The MAN SAID It looked and Flew good. He at least built it. Im new to this but boy oh boy you guys sure cry a lot. Stick to your arf stuff. Bty if you copy his post copy all of the Gist of it

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks. (RCU Policies)

st of it.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Messerschmitt
My Feedback: (28)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LaserTank -

I never said anything bad about IMP, what I did complain about was buying a cockpit kit that was marketed on eBay as an "IMP" cockpit, but was actually a very cheap copy.

Other modelers in this tread have expressed their opinion about IMP products, which I believe is their right; we still have free speech, right?

The reason I posted their email here, I don't like people harassing me at my private email address with trivial matters that DO NOT CONCERN ME! Another small fact, IMP never bothered to read the post - they contacted me after another RCU member TOLD them about my post.

This post is supposed to be about modeling, so please, let’s try and stick to that. America has truly turned into the "Land of the Offended"! Who says that? Robert D. Raeford, and I agree!

I probably should have just let it go.

Mike
Old 06-17-2006, 03:55 PM
pilot486

Just so that You are in formed I went to e-bay and Checked his Feed back(olcrow51) and low and behold his last feed back was on this very subject. The very last feed back posted was about the zero cock pit kit!!And Low and behold It rec great feed back .Then I looked up the posting and the Ad read for a". 40 to .60 size" not a 1/6th. Now where in the ad was it listed as what you said it was a 1/6th scale cock pit kit as no .40 to .60 size will fly (1/6th zero very well out of the box). There seems that a problem has been made of nothing but If you buy on e-bay what do you expect ? The picture you posted was the same as in his ad. You even saw what you were buying. I agree with Tank the more you guys gripe and complain Is your right and I have fought for that. But I have also talked to Imp and all they know is that they Have never heard from you after you bought the cockpit kit either way good or bad. And I have also looked at your web site www.mtplans.com (nice vid of the Fw) and have reached one conclusion.I looked at all the kits on www.impscale.com most of them have been built by Greg Namey they look good to me .
The main differance is You like ARF Keep in mind they are 2 different things Namey made his from scratch You are working with some thing a Guy named Same Ting built for you.in the orient. In my opinion thats the same as building 1/72nd scale models.Nothing wrong with that as Im a member Of sorts in IPMS and we pick winners out of a list of models of the same type . I guess what im trying to say is Leonardo DaVinci started the Mona Lisa on a blank canvass He didn't buy a paint by the numbers kit and want super results. Imp makes good stuff as Im sure you do to. and as most of the arf stuff is . Da Vinci could have painted the mona lisa on the side walk and it would be the same. A piece of fine art. !Guys that can build from scratch impress me more than any ARF on the market. Thats My opinion, I have 1 or 2 my self (ARFS). I even resorted to the flying foamies once . All were fun . Thats the Idea FUN have fun ! If you dont like a product complain but ask the manufactuor to either take it back and send you a new one or refund your money. You then and only then can and should complain when they do nether. So let this be my end here . I have said all Im going to say .expect no replies from me .I have said more than I should .You guys go have fun ,any way you can and shame on you if you consider this crying and complaining FUN.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Messerschmitt

Facts:

1.) I left "olcrow51" NO feedback. I didn't have anything nice to say, so I kept my mouth shut, I knew I was taking a chance buying something off eBay.

2.) I never said anything bad about the REAL IMP cockpit kit.

3.) The picture that "olcrow51" used, was the IMP cockpit kit - which after checking around, was 1/6 scale.

4.) The cockpit that I received from "olcrow51" was NOT an IMP cockpit kit. It was an OBVIOUS & poor copy. I can say this, because after receiving the cockpit from "olcrow51", I also bought one from IMP.
.................................................. .................................................. ........................
Conjecture:
Maybe he is selling poor copies as well as the real thing? I don't know, and I really don't care. He is a deceptive seller, so I choose to caution my fellow modelers.
.................................................. .................................................. .........................
Closing statement (I hope)
Can we please talk about PLANES, d**n. If I wanted a hassle I would talk to my wife!

Note: just in case you are wondering, on ebay I am messerschmitt_109
Old 06-17-2006, 05:06 PM
dionysusbacchus

stuff it nOOb!

ORIGINAL: pilot486

Did you really get that from this post. The MAN SAID It looked and Flew good. He at least built it. Im new to this but boy oh boy you guys sure cry a lot. Stick to your arf stuff. Bty if you copy his post copy all of the Gist of it

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks. (RCU Policies)

st of it.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Chad Veich

To LaserTank, I'm glad you were happy with the "oil can" appearance of the glass work on your IMP kit. I was not that happy about it myself, nor the twist molded into the fuselage. I'm fairly confident that it was not done intentionally by IMP but was a by-product of bad plug making and/or glass lay-up. I was also pretty unhappy about the customer service as well. I don't go around bad mouthing companies but I will give an honest opinion, good or bad, of those that I have had dealings with. You certainly can't believe all that you read on the internet but a little research will reveal that the majority of what is written concerning IMP is negative. That's a fair warning to anyone considering a purchase, do your homework first.

To pilot486, what?
Old 06-17-2006, 05:20 PM
pilot486

Very Nice Retort (That one Hurt) Learn that today? I'm impressed with your wit and wisdom . The South shall rise again!!!!
Old 06-17-2006, 05:38 PM
dionysusbacchus

Did somebody fart? Oh it's the new guy that comes in here telling everyone what to say and he tells me to go build my ARF. Shut up dude and earn a little respect before you come in here shooting off at the mouth. Did you ask your dad if you could use the computer?

Very Nice Retort (That one Hurt) Learn that today? I impressed with your wit and wisdom . The South shall rise again!!!!
Old 06-17-2006, 06:10 PM
LaserTank

`Messysmit, If this stuff p***** you off, find something better to do with your time that involves antacids. Being "unwilling to comment" about your IMP cockpit you received speaks volumes. I bet you have bugs in your product, errors in your drawings. Care to discuss them in a open forum?

`Dinosnotus, reading comprehension would really help you out. Maybe I need to write on a 4th grade reading level instead of 6th? My comments are not taking a cheap shot at BVM here, but simply making comparison for the uneducated modeler such as yourself as to a "top of the line" model vs. supposed claims against the IMP models. There were pin holes in the BVM fuselage glass work as well as bubbles between layups in the lamination. It happens! I made it work with a little effort. Not griping; just the facts. The BVM model built with a little extra work; seems most people are afraid to do that now days, I feel I am addressing them here, you know, the amateurs who cannot handle troubleshooting, but the BVM looked & flew damn good when the model was completed and I said as much. If you knew how to make a model from glass you would find it is very difficult to get all the bubbles out of a layup witout bagging it, and even then, you can wind up with a few when doing a fuselage.

As far as free speech goes, I've had guys knock off my work, and it has happened to many of my friends as well. Fiberglass parts are easy to knock off making a quick mold of your own with plaster of paris. The mold shrinks a bit and you get alignment defects. Unless I got it straight from the company, I'd question it's origins before bashing anyone, and then, if it came from the manufacturer, flawed, I'd return it and give them a chance to make things right. Everyone deserves that opportunity. You know to be human is ok once in a while.

I do not expect perfect in an RC kit because I would need a budget like NASA to afford perfect in a short run kit. "Workable" for a short run kit is to be expected. Still there will be guys like you to complain that you could not shake the box and a perfect airplane/"toy" did not fall out. I'm sure it hurt when you guys fell from heaven.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Messerschmitt

LaserTank -

Speaks Volumes? No, I think not. It's called being polite. Since you felt compelled to attack my work without any first hand knowledge I'm guessing you don't have a clue about polite.

My scale drawings? Yep, guilty as charged! That is why you will not find any "Buy Now" buttons!

When I get the point that I'm satisfied with the quality, I'll release them. My website is just part of the hobby, I'll never make any money. I'll just be glad if somebody gets satisfaction out of a plane that I designed. If you feel inclined to try and pick apart my work after I release it, hey....... what ever gets you off man!

Old 06-18-2006, 01:26 PM
pilot486

Ill be more than Happy to send you Pictures of My Imp p-51 d. I love it.and if you acted that way when you say you talked to them. I would give you crap too. However they are under new ownership so all this is a mute point . I will send them, copies of your postings ,but dont be surpised If you dont get a reply.You are not a person to reason with the next step for you is to call me names .So go ahead! It would not surpise me!(All of this stuff makes me sick ) All I know is that when ever I have had a problem with any company 99% are willing to work with me. If I have a good attitude! and want to really resolve a problem.I never let my lack of skill be some ones elses problem .Just keep this in mind .
Old 06-18-2006, 05:58 PM
pilot486

Hey LT I dont know why you sent me here! But it has been fun .In my days of selling we called what these guys are doing as "puttin lipstick on a pig" I didnt build this but ..... go look at the pix of what these guys fly all ARFS. Put a scaled out cock-pit kit in a unscale Model and then complain. Ill retire to Bedlam !! We have collage degrees,what the hell we doing here. You mentioned 4th grad level in one of your posts. Try kindergarten. No one has even comprehended ,not one sentence you or I have wriiten. Talk about a waste of time .We both could be building something WE like to do. So ill do what the Dino said shut up and get outta here.They all want little plastic models that are perfect.Then they go to the airport sit in or stand in front of a real plane and post the picture ,Unlike you and I we can get in them and fly away ,(with permission Of course) If ya look at this in perpestive leave them to cry in thier own Beer. We have been there and done that .So what do you think? Wanna bail? Dino whatever whats respect! Wants me to shut up I agree ! Ill respect the Hell out of him. I saw what he builds and flys Yep Dino You have all the respect I can give you . Im outta here. By the way I just got the kit you sent me ,Ill be damned Its workable ,no better than that Ill build it and see if the parts fit and if they dont Ill come back here and knock you all over the place.. Oh I almost forgot Some body mentioned copyrights in one of these posts and I went to their web site and they Have a Curtis P-some thing or other Did they have a permissin slip from Glenn on this ?
BYE BYE
Old 06-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Chad Veich

Ill be more than Happy to send you Pictures of My Imp p-51 d. I love it.
Pictures would be of little use to me. I'm glad you love your P-51, what's your point? Just because you love your Mustang that somehow nullifies my opinion of the kit I had? Your opinion is worth more than mine?

ORIGINAL: pilot486.
...and if you acted that way when you say you talked to them. I would give you crap too. .
Please point out to me how I have "acted". Somebody asked my opinion and I gave it. As far as talking to them, I can recall one very short conversation to order the parts. Then nothing from them for months, including my order which had been paid for.

However they are under new ownership so all this is a mute point . I will send them, copies of your postings ,but dont be surpised If you dont get a reply.
As I stated previously, hopefully the quality of the product as well as the customer service has improved since I dealt with IMP. But, until there is some evidence of that, the only thing I can go on is my previous experience and what I read from the majority of others who have had dealings with them. Feel free to forward copies of whatever you want and I really don't require nor expect a reply. However, if the new owner of IMP is really interested in raising the general impression of his company he may be smart to get on these and other forums and explain to potential customers just how he has improved things. Fact is, the new owner purchased a company with a bad reputation and the reputation is tied to the company whether the new owner likes it or not. Not my fault. These are the kinds of issues that need to be addressed prior to purchasing a business.

You are not a person to reason with the next step for you is to call me names .So go ahead! It would not surpise me!(All of this stuff makes me sick )
What? Where is there any evidence of anybody trying to reason anything in this thread. You butted into a thread and essentially started calling people whiners that you don't even know. I don't even know how to address the calling you names statement. I've been on this site from its' inception, feel free to look up my previous posts and see just how many people I've called names and how "unreasonable" I've been.

I never let my lack of skill be some ones elses problem .Just keep this in mind .
Unbelievable! All this ranting and you end by insulting me? I can only conclude that you are somehow involved in or affilliated with IMP. You seem to be going to great lengths to try and divert attention away from the real issue by starting some sort of flame war.

Old 06-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Chad Veich

In my days of selling we called what these guys are doing as "puttin lipstick on a pig" I didnt build this but ..... go look at the pix of what these guys fly all ARFS. Put a scaled out cock-pit kit in a unscale Model and then complain. Ill retire to Bedlam !! We have collage degrees,what the hell we doing here. You mentioned 4th grad level in one of your posts. Try kindergarten. No one has even comprehended ,not one sentence you or I have wriiten. Talk about a waste of time .We both could be building something WE like to do. So ill do what the Dino said shut up and get outta here.They all want little plastic models that are perfect.Then they go to the airport sit in or stand in front of a real plane and post the picture ,Unlike you and I we can get in them and fly away ,(with permission Of course) If ya look at this in perpestive leave them to cry in thier own Beer. We have been there and done that .So what do you think? Wanna bail? Dino whatever whats respect! Wants me to shut up I agree ! Ill respect the Hell out of him. I saw what he builds and flys Yep Dino You have all the respect I can give you . Im outta here. By the way I just got the kit you sent me ,Ill be damned Its workable ,no better than that Ill build it and see if the parts fit and if they dont Ill come back here and knock you all over the place.. Oh I almost forgot Some body mentioned copyrights in one of these posts and I went to their web site and they Have a Curtis P-some thing or other Did they have a permissin slip from Glenn on this ?
BYE BYE
Pure, unadulterated arrogance, ignorance, and pointless rambling.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:29 PM
pilot486

Wow! You wont let me leave ! No I dont work for IMPscale ,but I know the guys that bought it . They are a bunch of good guys . And guys like you who cant let anything go should grow up. Impscale is not the same company you dealt with. So get over it! Dont buy anything from them .check out there new web site www.impscale.com they really don't want ARF guys/ so now you have something new to talk about.I defend my friends when they are attacked for something they didnt do.And you keep attacking .IMP is no longer Its IMPSCALE .I think thats called beating a dead horse . Ill buy your so called defective kit (If you ever had one)
So end it here. Move on with your Life . So what If John Kerry lost the election.When you bad mouth impscale your bad mouthing (opinion or not ) a differant company . Ill let them know it every time you do it. I can say You Never bought anything from Impscale and Id be right. so anything you say about them is a lie . You are referring to a company that NO Longer exists.Innovative Model Products as you know it is closed ,shut down as is Pica.D&B,and so on. Let it die. Now that you know the differance Do as you wish.So by saying that its all over the web is a lie when You say that referring to IMPScale. Now if you want to talk Bad about Imp International go right ahead. They no longer exist. If some one has a problem with IMPSCALE they should contact the New owners. I know they would be more than glad to help. and One final thought you dont own this thread remember Freedom of speech? Same thing here! Nothing stopped me from putting in my 2 cents its my right to do so.Or is it that cause you been here so long we gotta listen to you.
And I must be bugging you as you took a long time to write out a reply. YES Im a spy!!! For Impscale.LOL
Can you understand That .?
Old 06-18-2006, 11:39 PM
Chad Veich

You are welcome to leave at any time pilot486. The only thing keeping you here must be your insistance to have the last word. The new owners of IMP may be the greatest bunch of guys on earth, don't change a thing. They are still building their business on the foundation layed by Greg Namey and Innovative Model Products. Did they purchase the company and throw out all the original tooling? If not, then I say to anyone considering purchasing from IMP, do your homework first. Much of what was wrong with the IMP stuff I worked with was a result of poor quality plugs and molds. If they did re-make all the tooling then it is their responsibility to make sure people are aware of the changes. When you purchase a company with a poor track record I would think you would be ready to address that issue. Again, none of this is my doing. They made the decision to purchase a company that many people were unsatisfied with. If you plan on debating every person that makes, or has made, negative comments concerning IMP then you better be prepared to quit your day job.

Please show me where I attacked IMP or your friends. (No really, show me. Don't just retort with some long winded senseless reply. Show me some proof.) I was asked a question about a product and I gave an honest assesment. I will continue to give my opinion to anyone who asks.

As for your final thought, I don't recall ever claiming to own this thread. I don't recall saying that you could not post here. I don't recall saying that you "gotta listen" to me. I did invite you to give some evidence of your proclamation that I was "not a person to reason with" or that I may lower myself to calling you names. Those are personal attacks on my character that I have every intention of defending.

Of course your "bugging" me, have you read this thread? You've jumped in here and insulted my intelligence, my building abilities, and attacked my character. To say your an irritant would be an understatement. As my final thought I would like to say please keep your promise to forward everything to your friends at IMP. If they have any business sense at all they will immediately realize that you have done nothing but harm here and tell you to shut up. Had you approached this thread with the "good attitude" you claim to have you may have been able to enlighten the members here of the change in ownership and invited them to try IMP again. Instead you have alienated at least three potential customers and possibly a whole bunch more. I think I will invite a few of my buddies to drop in on this thread and have a good read. You don't need to worry though as, obviously, I'm an ARF builder and I probably don't know anybody but ARF builders so what difference would it make. Right?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:03 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

don't want to spoil the "familly feud" going on here...

...back to this thread:

Mike, did you get the new cockpit yet? [8D]

Vasek
Old 06-19-2006, 01:15 AM
pilot486

Well it took a while But You finally admitted to the fact that all your friends will read the thread and post all the more Negative stuff They can . Your exposed for what a vindictive individual you are . Yep get your buddies to write and post .Thats how you guys do it.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:09 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

pilot486, relax...

i don't know what's eating you up but i am sure it is NOT RCU related... so you will have to find another place to vent your frustrations RCU is NOT the place for that & if you continue on this route you will get reported & you will loose the priviledge to come here...

my advice to you is >get some help& try to RELAX!!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Chad Veich

Well it took a while But You finally admitted to the fact that all your friends will read the thread and post all the more Negative stuff They can . Your exposed for what a vindictive individual you are . Yep get your buddies to write and post .Thats how you guys do it.
Once again you have addressed nothing but instead have immediately resorted to attacking me personally. I'm done "debating" you as it is obviously an exercise in futility and the participants of this thread should not have to suffer it any longer. Far more than enough has already been said for anyone reading this thread to draw their own conclusions.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Messerschmitt

Vasek, I mailed off the order the other day. The guy who does them has been in the hospital (he didn't say why) so he was understandably a little slow getting back to me.

I'll PM you when they get here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.