Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Robart/CJ retracts w/ VQ struts?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Robart/CJ retracts w/ VQ struts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 01:16 AM
stangevil29
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Robart/CJ retracts w/ VQ struts?

To all,
Has anyone ever tried this combo? I dont know if the VQ struts are any good or not. I ask because a pair of these struts are listed on their site at a price of a single strut from Robart or CJ. If I am wrong about his please correct me. I am planning on replacing all my mech. retracts with air systems and just looking for the cheapest and easist way about it. Thank you in advance.
Stangevil29
Old 06-24-2006, 06:31 AM
fockewulf37
My Feedback: (102)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Robart/CJ retracts w/ VQ struts?

If you want the best price and great quality try Shindin Machine retracts. His work is fantastic, great guy to work with. some of the best prices I have seen...Shindin struts are very reasonable...I think he is making retracts espically for the VQ stuff..not sure though..

.Ty

http://www.shindinmachine.com/
Old 06-24-2006, 06:51 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Robart/CJ retracts w/ VQ struts?

My take on VQ struts: they cost 1/2 as much as RoboStruts. They are worth 1/2 as as much as RoboStruts.
As unfortunate as it is, that Robart RoboStruts are so expensive, they are far better looking than CenturyJets, and have far better quality than the the VQ imitations. The VQs have more slop and inconsistent dimensions.
BTW, I DO have a set of CenturyJets (rotating type) that I retrofiited with Robostruts several years ago. I haven't actually used them (for flight) yet tho. And needless to say: it is an expensive set.