Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

NEW Warbird By KMP - JU87 Stuka

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

NEW Warbird By KMP - JU87 Stuka

Old 10-25-2006, 05:18 PM
kinverflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW Warbird By KMP - JU87 Stuka

Does anyone know where to get the sirens from, I have tried I4C Products, they say they have no plans to manufacture any more, I think we need some people pressure, start sending them some emails http://www.i4cproducts.com/air_screamer.htm
Old 10-25-2006, 05:36 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

we have had a comment that the exhausts are the wrong shape, and to high up, what do you guys think?
Which model of the Stuka is this one ?

You can compare a few here:
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.co...u-87/Ju-87.htm

Some pics of the Ju-87D-5
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83751.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	548015   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84490.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	548016  
Old 10-25-2006, 10:51 PM
SCALECRAFT
My Feedback: (13)

Hi all

Is it possible to post a pic of one of your composite models without the paint on it. It really gives one a better idea of what your offering as an all composite triumph.

Thanks

Steve
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68154.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	548261  
Old 10-26-2006, 10:30 AM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much is that doggie in the window?
Old 10-26-2006, 11:26 AM
alanc

ORIGINAL: SCALECRAFT

Hi all

Is it possible to post a pic of one of your composite models without the paint on it. It really gives one a better idea of what your offering as an all composite triumph.

Thanks

Steve
look on the website of YT INTERNATIONAL,, there are pictures on there of the amount of detail we are putting into some of the models OK? NOT CLAIMING THEY ARE EXACT REPLICAS, but they are the best out there at the price
Old 10-26-2006, 12:36 PM
AKondor

HI:
I'm Glad Alan has posted the new pictures.... I was just about to do the same. As far as the other requests for models, you will all be VERY pleasantly surprised with what is coming and fairly soon.

Keep your fingers crossed for more amazing releases by early Spring.

Cheers,
Andrew
Old 10-26-2006, 05:36 PM
SCALECRAFT

OK

I have become very familiar over the last 13 years with 100% composite construction/fabrication/molding as flying models, so this announcement of composite construction is most interesting to me.

I'm sorry if I mislead you. I was not talking about the scale exactness of the models at all , just the method and composition of the construction.

Thanks Alanc

Its good your giving the modlers epoxy resin.

Good luck.

Steve

Steve
Old 10-26-2006, 05:41 PM
SCALECRAFT

Oh, Manfred

At this point, our series of 100% composite models are unavailable. We develope these for fun in our spare time.

Steve
Old 10-28-2006, 04:20 PM
proulxlaw
My Feedback: (3)

Awesome Stuka! I will definitely be getting one. I say stick with Axis planes. While I love P51's, etc., I'm a little tired of seeing the same planes everywhere I go.

When I show up at the field with my GP Stuka, everyone takes notice and I get a ton of compliments on it even though it's not the most scale Stuka.

I put whistles in the wheel pants of my stuka and they sound great. Not quite the siren sound but for 6 bucks and adding very little weight they work for me.

I say stick with 120 size planes. Any bigger and you lose alot of the potential market. Anything bigger is just too big for me. They would just be a pain in the ***** to store, move, work on, etc. When I go to the field I usually bring 4 planes. I don't like to fly the same plane all day and if I have a problem with one I can just pull out another.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Shihtzutan

Well, I think KMP found another new customer; 1/6 scale is perfect for all glow powered warbirds, so how about a 77 inch Mustang, say a B model with a Malcom hood? And while you are at it, . . . how about Gustuv 109? . . Eric Hartman colors if you please. I'll be ordering a Spit soon, . . . hey how did you guys know the Mk IV is my favorite one? By the way, is that Stuka 1/6 scale? I always thought KMP models were crappy looking, but these new releases look pretty nice! Nice job whoever is making the decisions.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:36 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Steve if you dont mind me asking what does your company do at this time ?
Old 10-31-2006, 10:33 AM
kinverflyer

Still after and air siren for my ESM Stuka when it arrives, if anyone knows how to make one or where to buy one either new or secondhand please let me know.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:41 PM
Fastsky

Unfortunatly up here, most of the IMAA events are run by guys that "do" run around with a tape measure just so that they can ruin peoples flying day for the fun of it. [>:]
Old 10-31-2006, 02:44 PM
SCALECRAFT

LDM

At this time we are seeing what the demand and responce is to the composite configuration airframes. In the early 90's (anyone remember), the seven composite warbird models were a concept unknown to most of the manufacturers and modelers, although well recieved by the many who ordered the models. The time to produce one kit was long, hand cut wood was a big time consumer. But today thats not an issue for us and our models. Also the models were made of epoxy resins, not polyester as some of the imports are. The resins are most important to the durability of the composite airframe. Kinda like a polyester suit oppose to a wool suit.

Today, composite arfs are not a new concept, go to the Composite Form to see many methods of construction.

Anyone remember the Fiberclassics P-51D, today offered by Composite Arfs, atleast a 10 year old design, still a benchmark for scale and yet another alternate method of composite constuction although a bit fragile.

We have been developing new generation (new composites) all composite models for our own use since then, along with composite flying props, resin and glass detail parts, rubber tires, wheels ,spinners, pretty much everthing we could make minus the engines and radios. All thats needed is the decision to commit to production, the concept is perfected.

The prices that the Chinese composites are going for may be incentive enough for us to start our production up again locally in the US. One concern is the Chinese have no protection, one factory will copy another, and before you know it, the same model will be offered at 1/2 the price, its just a matter of time.

Steve

I am in contact with my partner the guy who developed the composite concept with me and we are discussing offering the scale composite line we had at one time.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:35 PM
Johnnie Red

Fiberclassics P-51.......Awesome plane to fly.....and a very goodlooking giant arf. I think guys that we should have more alternatives in Giant scale 90"-100". Especially nowdays that the engines are more powerfull and the variety of gaz engines give us this chance. If we like scale then we must apreciate all the attributes of a giant scale can give. I can pinpoint a few: Better looks (panel lines, Rivets etc.)
better flying characteristics (they fly close to the real thing); and of course more fun!! 15 years back I always got amazed from Zirolli, Byron's, or Yellow aircraft planes and still I am looking foreword to a company that will make their Giant 1/5 or 1/4 scale in China for buying and enjoy for instance a 1/5 scale F6F Hellcat with all the details on it. It will be a dream to come true!!! Instead of spending at least 1 year on the bench to built a Zirolli one that will cost more than 2.000 US$ and a whole alot of working hours on the bench... Think about it and I am sure that there is a breakthrough opportunity there....60-90 size....the market is full of them...!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:54 PM
AKondor

HI Guys:

As most people know the exhisting KMP line features planes that are best suited for 1.20 to 1.40 size engines. The demand is there for larger planes for sure and it is for that reason that we already have plans for a 50CC category of WWII models.

We will, for now, complete the line of popular WWII planes in our existing range with at least 4 more releases in 2007.

When the 50CC models are released we will have at least one British, German and American fighter to launch the new line. In keeping with our high quality series, these new models will be all composite with unrivaled detail and a superb finish.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:58 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Steve , thanks , great answer , I know the problems with imports , our business is candy , and we import inovative products from the world . We can only demand exclusivity or first to market based on volume and continued success .
Good luck and please keep me posted , i can tell you if you do jump back in , first to market will help prohibit the sale of the copies because proven designs supported customer servace can ward off many price intros that follow
Old 11-01-2006, 05:33 AM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

being a casual flier I have been looking for a 120 sized birds and although Mustangs are cool there are about 1.5 trillion in my area! OK, ok maybe not that many but enough to make me stay away from getting one. I also dont want the hassle of retracts if I could help and there are very few birds that can fill this category. After seeing this thread my interest is peaked yet again by Andrew and his outstanding models.

I dont build/assemble my ARF's in hopes of winning scale contests and the people who watch me fly dont give me slack for incorrect exhaust placement, with that said I will definitely be buying this airplace since it offers me a decent price for a beautiful airplane. I do agree that a true scale model done correctly is a sight to behold but if thats your cup of tea then get a "pro" kit cut and get to work! Nothing wrong with either mind set. The kit vs ARF vs whats true scale debate will go on forever and this thread isnt about that, GP was the only company I know of that produced an ARF of this model and when it got discontinued I was finally ready to buy one! lol Now with this here I will be saving my pennies and getting that YS 120 tuned up for it

sheww rant over!

congrats to KMP and our cousins across the pond for this wonderful creation!
Old 11-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Johnnie Red

I dont build/assemble my ARF's in hopes of winning scale contests and the people who watch me fly dont give me slack for incorrect exhaust placement, with that said I will definitely be buying this airplace since it offers me a decent price for a beautiful airplane. I do agree that a true scale model done correctly is a sight to behold but if thats your cup of tea then get a "pro" kit cut and get to work! Nothing wrong with either mind set.

In Reply to Diablokid.

My fellow modeler, I am building and flying planes for 20 years now. Beleive me when your six years become 20 you will definately have different expectations from the market of ARF. All of us who love scale is because we like to fly something as close as possibble to the real thing! We don't like patchwork and we do not fly in order to compete with the rest of us in building or flying skills or at least if we do it we should compete in 3d or pattern flying which is more for competition.You see a sport scale arf like EXTRA or CUP or ZLIN etc. definately has a lot less to work in order to look like the real thing. If you make a P47 or a STUKA or F6F or a Spitfire,and you count the hours on the bench to make it "scale" you'll find that you need at least 5 times more time to do it right. Getting a pro kit cut was my drink for all these years that passed. And that is the reason why I am asking for that to be on ARF. I do not want to finish my life on the bench cutting wood in order to make a the new masterpiece when the ARF companies will provide that to me. Now as the first part of your comment here are many scale planes that are with fixed landing gear why don't you pic up a cessna or something from the "golden era" (Howard or SE5 or Fokker) or even soething more recent like a Pitts or Wilga or Creasten Eagle there are too many offered in the market esspecialy for 120 engines like your's...
Cheers
Johnnie
Old 11-02-2006, 10:55 AM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Hunh?
Old 11-03-2006, 02:21 PM
BIFFETT

Mr Kondor...............Just finished mine here in Park Rapids mn..............To say this plane looks good is a major understatement................No-one has anything to compare to this planes detail. Also thanks for sending the bushing.........you guys rock...........can't wait for the Stuka to get here!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:08 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

This is just great! I have recently discovered your products and am very interested in this Stuka. I am interested in installing gas though. Is ther room to fit a gasser like a zenoah or such without hacking up the fron end? I really do not want such a beutiful plane to be exposed to glow fuel.
I would vote for either a TA 152H or an FW 190D version. Another of my all time favorites. The TA 152 at least would make it easy to reach the 80" to please NON competitive IMAA "competitions" Who cares about all of that. Just keep doing what you are doing please. Planes like this have been a long time coming regaurdless of size.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:54 PM
kochj

BIFFETT,
What plane did you finish?
The reason I ask is I am thinking about the spitfire, is that what you are talking about?
Old 02-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

I have been follwing KMP/YT releases for a few years now since the Hurricane debut and I am becoming more and more impressed. The warbirds ARFs have taken a new dimension! I unfortunatetly love WW1 planes and I like to fly slow so these planes won't be seen in my hangar soon. But still, that Stuka is SWEET! DP
Old 02-07-2007, 05:12 PM
US185Damiani

I'd love to see you guys put out a P-40,
With your expertise and attention to detail I can only imagine how good it would look.
Kudos on the excellent offerings you have out there, THey're the best ARF offerings I have seen.
Maybe someday I'll be ahead of the game enough to buy a few! LOL Excellent work and wishes of continued success

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.